Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, I don't want to sound santicmonious but that's a pretty good reason for not using Autopilot on that kind of road.
It is a road that autopilot is designed for (70mph dual carriageway..) the problem is more *me* feeling nervous about the cars abilities when it decides not to light it up correctly. It does handle it fine throughout though.

Bit like I expect you wouldn't want to drive round outside with any lights on at all :p

Reactions: BillN
It is a road that autopilot is designed for (70mph dual carriageway..) the problem is more *me* feeling nervous about the cars abilities when it decides not to light it up correctly. It does handle it fine throughout though.

Bit like I expect you wouldn't want to drive round outside with any lights on at all :p
Yeah - agreed. In situations where the light isn’t good, or say the road markings are less easy to make out because of rain, then for me they are times where additional assistance provided by the driver assistance features are most beneficial.

The issue is that previously if you came across a poorly lit bit of road whilst using AP you could just flick on full beam, whereas with 24.6 you have to hope the car does it, turn off AP, of drive along holding the stalk back.

24.8 seems to be out now. No release notes for it yet though.
Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 10.57.00.png