Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice to see that quality control on their software is as bad as their cars
I have heard of horror stories with new EV from Kia too about quality control. Looking back at my last car E-Class Estate by Mercedes. I still had quality issues in software such as phantom breaking, issues with GPS, rear trailer hook not coming out at times and they never issued a single software update to fix anything, beside one map update in 3 years. I also had paint peeling off after 12 months of ownership and Merc did not cover it under warranty. At least Tesla makes the effort to try to improve/change something from time to time.

Release notes on mine
6AAD2E32-4513-4950-B1CC-5D5968F5BE9C.jpeg

I have heard of horror stories with new EV from Kia too about quality control. Looking back at my last car E-Class Estate by Mercedes. I still had quality issues in software such as phantom breaking, issues with GPS, rear trailer hook not coming out at times and they never issued a single software update to fix anything, beside one map update in 3 years. I also had paint peeling off after 12 months of ownership and Merc did not cover it under warranty. At least Tesla makes the effort to try to improve/change something from time to time.
Everything in this world is now made by the cheapest bidder, with the cheapest materials, in the cheapest, fastest way possible - supported by a wealth of lies and deception to make money. It’s bad and getting worse. Money rules. My last car I had for 10 years and not a single issue - ever.

🙄

Kia, Merc, whataboutery, blah.

For the avoidance of any doubt my post was a lighthearted comment.

In a left hand drive the same problem would exist only it would be your right hand blocking the view.
That assumes that (a) American advice as to how to hold the wheel is the same as British, and (b) even if it is, that any significant fraction of Americans cares about following such advice.

EDIT: For all I know, Americans are taught to steer with their knees and use both hands to hold their phone 😀 Seriously, though, I do get the impression that the standard of driving is significantly lower in the US than it is here and, probably not unrelated, the driving test is significantly easier. Also probably because there is significantly less enforcement of traffic laws than here. e.g. fixed speed cameras - rather than handheld ones used by police - are practically unheard of. And we've all seen the TV footage of police getting people to performs various bizarre acts when confronted by suspected drunk drivers (walk in a straight line, touch your nose with your fingers, count backwards, etc) because it seems that - in many states - breathalysers seem to be non-existent, too.

Last edited:
Everything in this world is now made by the cheapest bidder, with the cheapest materials, in the cheapest, fastest way possible - supported by a wealth of lies and deception to make money. It’s bad and getting worse. Money rules. My last car I had for 10 years and not a single issue - ever.
I work in technology and have for 25 years. This statement is 100% true. We’re heading into a bad place. Support is becoming nonexistent just as the products and services drastically reduce in quality. Add that to the aforementioned and…we’re heading into a *really* bad place!

Reactions: M1tch
The middle number is the week number of the year that the software was worked on. We’re currently in week 40 of 52.

The format is year.week.version, so only the numbers after the first two relate to software versions in the traditional sense.

Yes, as its always been. Except around Xmas, year end (and the very occasional, same release designation), major release numbers have always gone up in 4 'week' cycles. I saw 2022.28.x and now 2022.36.x - which leaves 2022.32.x not appearing on my radar or from what I can see, any other radar. Unusual for a major release designation so be skipped for what appears to be no obvious reason.