Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m hoping for full matrix beam enablement for Xmas.
You know what, I recon if they move the city streets spatial awareness core to all cars as part of TV replacing parking sensors and things like that, even if we don't get the FSD stuff, the passive and ancilliary stuff like auto headlights, parking sensors, self parking better, summon (maybe) might just arrive. Maybe Musk is going to do completely the opposite this year... promise nothing and delivery lots rather than promise the earth and delivery very little

About what they can screw up in this update: my door handles, now have the lights always on🙈

Attachments

• 20221011_214942.jpg
    20221011_214942.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 20221011_220139.jpg
    20221011_220139.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 63
When do think they will get around to doing an overhead camera for for tight spaces ? The MG4 I test drove yesterday has it and it costs half the price of a Tesla.
They can't, the cameras are in the wrong place.

Some of the future work they're showcasing is supposed to be able to emulate it by using object persistance, sometime in the future, but who knows how many months/years that'll me.

Reactions: goRt and Durzel
When do think they will get around to doing an overhead camera for for tight spaces ? The MG4 I test drove yesterday has it and it costs half the price of a Tesla.
I think MG has the makings of a real disruptor in the EV market. All the tech you could need; reasonable performance / range / efficiency; some interesting design touches; and a dealer network. And as you point out, prices competitive with ICE, driving more people to consider electric who might have considered EVs to be a rich man's toy up until recently.

Shame we aren't offered the Marvel in the UK.

Been waiting for that since our first Tesla in early 2018. As someone already mentioned, the side cameras are not quite in the right position to make it work properly. So I don't think it will ever happen at this point.

None of the cameras see the ground immediately below the car, so there's no scope for doing it without object permanance, and that doesn't help unless you actually can drive past the point you want to reverse into. The car would need to have unimpeded vision of that space too.

Cars that have 360 birds eye view have cameras pointing downwards, often in the wing mirrors.

I think MG has the makings of a real disruptor in the EV market. All the tech you could need; reasonable performance / range / efficiency; some interesting design touches; and a dealer network. And as you point out, prices competitive with ICE, driving more people to consider electric who might have considered EVs to be a rich man's toy up until recently.

Shame we aren't offered the Marvel in the UK.
The upcoming performance variant of the MG4 looks very interesting if they keep the price proportional to the cooking version. Pricing looks to be amazingly good value.

Reactions: CWT3LR
Just got the notification to download this update, my first thought "What will be broken next", two years ago I would have said "Can't wait to try out these new features". Think I'll give it a few days and see what the feedback is first.