Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we agree that for the last couple upgrades, the "~25 min" est. upgrade time is wildly inaccurate?

Mine took an hour! (well 57mins actually)
View attachment 862498

Do we agree that for the last couple upgrades, the "~25 min" est. upgrade time is wildly inaccurate?

Mine took an hour! (well 57mins actually)
View attachment 862498
I see quite a bit of variability. Note that the 6 minute 28.2 update had previously got stuck on 3% while trying to download on LTE in the Highlands of Scotland. So Tesla need to give it a bit of a nudge once back in WiFi coverage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221012_142716.jpg
    Screenshot_20221012_142716.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 85
You know what, I recon if they move the city streets spatial awareness core to all cars as part of TV replacing parking sensors and things like that, even if we don't get the FSD stuff, the passive and ancilliary stuff like auto headlights, parking sensors, self parking better, summon (maybe) might just arrive. Maybe Musk is going to do completely the opposite this year... promise nothing and delivery lots rather than promise the earth and delivery very little
There’s hopium, and there’s this! :D

Reactions: Sparky750
Sorry. Could anyone confirm that Cabin Overheat Protection improvements are nowhere to be seen in 36.2?
Just realised it wasn’t in my MYLR nor in the release notes despite Notateslaapp listing it as both available worldwide and for MYs??

Updated to the 36.2 today. Then done a 250 mile journey this afternoon on one of my regular routes.
Couple of initial points that seemed to stand out:
1. The map was set to the destination and had routed via a SC (Abington). I noticed that it showed the time/distance to the SC only although I thought the earlier versions showed the next SC as well as the final destination immediately below it.
2. The new energy tile has lots of bells and whistles. However about 40 miles from Abington the nav decided to reroute to Gretna because of a short delay. I noticed the battery at SC had dropped which indicated the change and had not noticed any reroute message. When I then looked at the energy tile I noticed that the reroute had restarted the energy chart from the reroute a mile or so earlier and the previous 100 miles of data was lost.
3. A few places on the journey had a little "hesitancy" on an open stretch of road where I have not noticed it before.

Ok. Definitely noted something new in London busy roads using AP/TACC : when at standstill, if some mopeds or bikes are passing by closely on the either side, then the car will believe the flow of traffic is resuming and will move a couple inches before applying brakes because it then realises the car in front hasn't moved...

• Informative
Reactions: M1tch and goRt
Seems this update has messed up connectivity, model Y has no connection unless on WiFi, reboot hasn’t fixed….
possibly a wider issue at the moment:

Reactions: Overworked
Sorry. Could anyone confirm that Cabin Overheat Protection improvements are nowhere to be seen in 36.2?
Just realised it wasn’t in my MYLR nor in the release notes despite Notateslaapp listing it as both available worldwide and for MYs??
Same on my MYLR. Just updated, on 'standard' update setting, variable overheat protection not listed on notes or showing in settings. Did a reboot but no change. Visually its just the energy app and supercharger info in this update.