Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just arrived
Mine too, but only now I see... I will wait to see if "25 minutes " is true.
Unfortunately 25 minutes by Elon mean 48 minutes in real world 🙈🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104-041955_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104-041955_One UI Home.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20221104_042106.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104_042106.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Mine too, but only now I see... I will wait to see if "25 minutes " is true.
Unfortunately 25 minutes by Elon mean 48 minutes in real world 🙈🤣
Apopos of nothing but I like the layout of your app icons. I haven't used the door pop really, but the fact you can't use it any other way than having it as a "quick action" thing. Might copy your layout :)

Reactions: speedyranger74
Things I noticed so far with this update:

1. Auto headlights seem to work much better than previously, been a frustrating feature for a long time, but after a few night time drives they seem much better and detecting oncoming traffic.
2. Limited regenerative breaking icon is there but not the feature that provides the automatic break blending option. Tap the icon and you get the message and more info about low temps limiting the function.
3. Autopilot is quicker to become available on badly marked roads than previous updates. Case in point; a local road that has recently been resurfaced but lacking road markings. The previous versions only allowed engagement when markings are there. Now, it will work on the unmarked section as you come off the roundabout that precedes it.
4. Radio station icons, very nice.

Anyone else noticed the headlight and autopilot improvements? Any other feature/improvements you’ve seen?

Reactions: Cardo
Things I noticed so far with this update:

1. Auto headlights seem to work much better than previously, been a frustrating feature for a long time, but after a few night time drives they seem much better and detecting oncoming traffic.
2. Limited regenerative breaking icon is there but not the feature that provides the automatic break blending option. Tap the icon and you get the message and more info about low temps limiting the function.
3. Autopilot is quicker to become available on badly marked roads than previous updates. Case in point; a local road that has recently been resurfaced but lacking road markings. The previous versions only allowed engagement when markings are there. Now, it will work on the unmarked section as you come off the roundabout that precedes it.
4. Radio station icons, very nice.

Anyone else noticed the headlight and autopilot improvements? Any other feature/improvements you’ve seen?
I’ve noticed the light improvement. Auto wipers seem better too. About time!

Reactions: Cardo
Not seen any obvious improvement in auto headlights on 2022.40.4. Still comes on in places it needn’t do (street lit areas, dawn with tree cover, etc), as well as coming on and switching off almost immediately afterwards sometimes. Just as lethargic at turning off at oncoming traffic.

After every update some people will optimistically suggest, after one drive of their car, that AHB and auto wipers have improved, then it turns out they haven’t.

This update has not improved anything for me. Still complete crap.

Reactions: Durzel
After every update some people will optimistically suggest, after one drive of their car, that AHB and auto wipers have improved, then it turns out they haven’t.

This update has not improved anything for me. Still complete crap.
2022.40.4 installed overnight on Friday for me, then on Saturday I did ~170 miles with intermittently rainy conditions and the auto wipers were hopeless, a massive step backwards from 2022.36.6 which seemed to be pretty flawless for me.

I don't know if I'm brave enough to try AHB again on that basis.

On the other hand TACC seems to have got better at not slamming the brakes on as you change lane to overtake a slower vehicle on motorways and the like.

Reactions: Hurricane
My boot opening seems to have been broken with 2022.40.4. When it opens, it stops almost immediately, and takes several button presses to get it to open properly (each press resulting in it opening a little bit more)

It appears to me, the car thinks it is using to much force to open the boot and hence stopping. Does anyone else have this?

My boot opening seems to have been broken with 2022.40.4. When it opens, it stops almost immediately, and takes several button presses to get it to open properly (each press resulting in it opening a little bit more)

It appears to me, the car thinks it is using to much force to open the boot and hence stopping. Does anyone else have this?
It might be related to cold weather. There were reports of this happening last Winter, and was supposedly fixed as part of an update.

Will be interesting to see if this makes a return in the coming weeks.

Interesting error today
On a return drive on the A47 d/c, I lost the speed limit entirely. No symbol on screen.
I was on AP set at 60mph by the limit signs and the car just started slowing down. I’m sure it would have stopped if I hadn’t disengaged.
when I turned off it came back on.
I’ve never had that before on a main road!

Interesting error today
On a return drive on the A47 d/c, I lost the speed limit entirely. No symbol on screen.
I was on AP set at 60mph by the limit signs and the car just started slowing down. I’m sure it would have stopped if I hadn’t disengaged.
when I turned off it came back on.
I’ve never had that before on a main road!
I've had it drop the speed limit sign and default to 45mph on a recently built bypass. I assume it doesn't have data but 45mph is a stupid number outside the USA.

Reactions: Dilly