Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 40.4.1 on my Model Y. The Auto headlights are much improved; night and day difference.

The range that it can see other cars headlights has doubled if not tripled , and it’s now even seeing them if they’re partly obscured (other side of the motorway) etc.

If you’ve been frustrated recently, give them a whirl. Still not full matrix but a lot better at dimming
My experience is different. I can’t see any improvement and AHB is as crap as ever. Not fit for purpose.

Reactions: Pants
Any idea what this icon at the bottom means? Do I have blended braking now?
icon.jpg

Reactions: melduk
Any idea what this icon at the bottom means? Do I have blended braking now?
View attachment 875113
If you tap on it a message will appear notifying you that regen is limited and braking may be reduced. It's the same verbiage as the Info notification that used to float towards the bottom of the screen.

I believe in the US, on specific models/batteries it will inform you that blended brakes are being used, however here it just appears to be a replacement for the regen limited notification.

Yes :)

@Medved_77 is correct - the icon is to show that regen braking is limited, and replaces the big message that used to appear at the bottom. In the States it also signifies blended braking, but that isn't available over here for whatever reason. There is no option in the settings for us to switch it on or off.

Attachments

• iqtmdkb2ose91.jpg
    iqtmdkb2ose91.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 45
Yes, but that isn't what this is. Regen braking comes from just taking your foot off the accelerator. If the car has a full charge, or battery isn't warm, you can find that there is barely any regenerative braking at all. The above setting (which we don't have) will use the car's brakes in lieu of regen braking to ensure a consistent braking experience.

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
Yes, but that isn't what this is. Regen braking comes from just taking your foot off the accelerator. If the car has a full charge, or battery isn't warm, you can find that there is barely any regenerative braking at all. The above setting (which we don't have) will use the car's brakes in lieu of regen braking to ensure a consistent braking experience.
But we do get a consistent ‘breaking’ experience… :rolleyes: