Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a comment re behaviour on 2022.36.1, but may be same with .40.x, but I'm slightly confused by when AHB activates or not. Its certainly not consistent and wonder if there is a bug.

I have definitely seen AHB icon (grey) automatically show at start of a drive indicating AHB is active, such as leaving home first drive of the day.

But I have also seen many more occasions where AHB icon does not show at start of drive, in similar circumstances, such as leaving home, again when dark. To the point that I asked the driver if they had manually deactivated AHB and been told not.

Another circumstance was a week or so ago with a long drive mostly on TACC. At no point did it ever show the AHB icon whilst on TACC. I cannot say whether the drive started off on AHB and it was turned off right at start of drive on local roads/exiting car park, but we then would had 160 odd (motorway and dual carriageway) miles all in the dark mostly on TACC without AHB even showing a grey icon. TBH, at a couple of stages, it would have been nice to have had HB, although not strictly necessary. Based on many comments, I would have expected to at least seen the grey icon, even if circumstances were such that it didn't need to activate.

So I'm not seeing AHB being enabled for every drive, but am on some (maybe first drive of the day?), even if exiting the car and later returning some time later.

If AHB is set to off in the settings app, it only comes on when auto steer/autopilot is enabled.

If you are just using TACC and steering yourself, it will not come on.

The setting is also per profile.

Edit: up until 40.4, nearly everyone I know turned it off by default because it was ****. The outage came because Tesla mandates it be on when autopilot is enabled with the transition to vision.

It looks like Tesla have reacted to the ‘feedback’ positively and fixed the thing that should always have worked.

It’s also not perfect so there is still plenty of room for improvement but it’s a lot better than it was.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
If AHB is set to off in the settings app, it only comes on when auto steer/autopilot is enabled.

If you are just using TACC and steering yourself, it will not come on.

Thanks

We do have AHB on in profile, at least did, and appreciate these things change for whatever reason.

Interesting comment about TACC and steering yourself. That was the behaviour witnessed with TACC and, imho, is the right behaviour, as it would be for just driving manually. But plenty of complaints of it coming on in built up areas. Not sure if this is because autosteer is being used in many cases where it should not be (user error), or the behaviour is not as, imho, it should be. I am seeing a mix of the latter, no consistency that I have spotted yet. Sometimes it auto selects AHB so we get grey icon from the start, sometimes it doesn't - same driver, same driver profile, just not (obviously) consistent behaviour. 5am first drive it anables AHB functionality (grey icon), 7pm, nothing - as would be my preference. This isn't a muscle memory thing and doing things unknowingly. I recently paid particular to how the driver behaved on a couple of trips.

Wipers seem very bad in this release, can't say I've had major issues with them before now, but it could purely be I'm driving more in the dark.

• Morning after update, manually wiped to get the dew off the screen and the wipers went full power on a dry screen until I turned them off, that was in daylight
  • Tonight in heavy rain they kept going full power when driving on lit roads with no oncoming traffic
  • Tonight in heavy rain they would work normally on lit roads with oncoming traffic
  • Tonight in heavy rain they would stop/switch to intermittent when driving on unlit roads, even when following another car
  • Tonight in heavy rain after working normally down a dual carriageway, when I came to a stop instead of going to intermittent they went to full power
Very odd!

…and then there was 2022.40.4.2… just another bug fix they recon.

Personally I found wipers ok on 2022.40.4.1 so hopefully this doesn’t undo it for me, but then they have often worked in steady rain so long as the glass doesn’t smear, and we’ve had plenty of rain today.

Odd bug tonight - my charging port immediately closes on opening. No resolution with 2 button retest. Opens for just enough time I can jam my hand & charger in.

Anyone else had similar?

on another note - have also noticed AHB improvements seeing cars across other side of motorway. Not so much "seeing" cars far infront

Odd bug tonight - my charging port immediately closes on opening. No resolution with 2 button retest. Opens for just enough time I can jam my hand & charger in.

Anyone else had similar?

on another note - have also noticed AHB improvements seeing cars across other side of motorway. Not so much "seeing" cars far infront
Personally I’ve not read anyone with that. You could try the “change wheel design” reboot. Changing the language also does it. This seems to sort out various issues after an update.

So I recently subscribed to Tidal specifically for the car, and just realised I can't achieve gapless playback. Albums that have blended tracks pause momentarily on transition in Tidal. I thought I'd get used to it but I can't!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Reactions: Horatio Alger

Anyone else had similar?

Had this in several versions, tends to happen if I open the charge port just as the car decides to lock itself. Nothing sorts it out other than brute force or letting the car sleep and trying again later

Reactions: Ozboz7
Problems with Driver Door Unlock Mode (40.4.1)
Thought I would try this new feature, then decided to disable it, but it repeatably seem to switch itself back on, even after saving it disabled in my profile and easy access profile. Anyone else had this?

And now 40.7 with single stack…
You sure? Just because FSD beta 11 is 2022.40.5, I don't think you can assume that any specific elements of that will be in 2022.40.7. Sure, the new 'single stack' highway code will make it into our cars in due course, but given beta 11 hasn't been released at all beyond employees, don't hold your breath to see this in a production releases.

Wipers seem very bad in this release, can't say I've had major issues with them before now, but it could purely be I'm driving more in the dark.

• Morning after update, manually wiped to get the dew off the screen and the wipers went full power on a dry screen until I turned them off, that was in daylight
  • Tonight in heavy rain they kept going full power when driving on lit roads with no oncoming traffic
  • Tonight in heavy rain they would work normally on lit roads with oncoming traffic
  • Tonight in heavy rain they would stop/switch to intermittent when driving on unlit roads, even when following another car
  • Tonight in heavy rain after working normally down a dual carriageway, when I came to a stop instead of going to intermittent they went to full power
Very odd!
I had a very bad experience with the wipers driving down the motorway today. Wipers on during torrential downpour - then the car's response to heavy spray (in addition to the rain) was to switch from continuous to intermittent wipers! (This was during daylight.) More generally, was just doing the wrong thing often enough to be problematic - given the rain and spray were both very heavy at times, erratic wiper behaviour is unpleasant, bordering on dangerous.

One thing I did discover though (probably old news) is that when using autosteer you can still set the wipers to a manual speed. The only thing you can't do is set them to "off". (Spent most of the journey after discovering this using autosteer and with wipers manually set to 3.)

Wipers being more mental than normal seems to be a feature of all the updates. For the first couple of journeys they seem to be particularly bad then either you get used to them being bad or they learn how to work a bit better. I'm not sure which it is.

Got 40.4.1 on Friday

Now downloading 40.7. Will share any special treats within
Nothing obviously new leaping out at me

1669130928142.png

Reactions: GRocha