Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the pick up site used by Tesla in Scotland for new deliveries? I’m hopefully going to receive my M3 in late May / early June but as I ordered via my works car scheme (Tusker) I don’t get regular EDD updates like most folks seem to. I’m avoiding calling to ask for an update to avoid being told of delays… 😂
I am in the same boat. Scotland and Tusker. Guy in my company who did the same got his delivered to his house on the back of a truck.
Think Glasgow Telsa is the normal pick up location.

I am in the same boat. Scotland and Tusker. Guy in my company who did the same got his delivered to his house on the back of a truck.
Think Glasgow Telsa is the normal pick up location.
Cheers - I’d imagine I’ll just pop through to Glasgow when the big day arrives on the assumption you might be able to get it a few hours earlier than waiting for the delivery. When I first ordered I half expected to have to collect from Southampton so Glasgow is a bonus…!

Just listened to the end of quarter results live Q&A. They explained the impact of the Shanghai shutdown. They said the factory will produce the same amount of cars this quarter as they did the last quarter give or take. They also have a lot of batteries available as production didn’t stop on those. The factory is nearly back up to full speed. The factory production rate was being ramped up in excess of previous quarters so it will be producing more cars in the shorter time.

Just listened to the end of quarter results live Q&A. They explained the impact of the Shanghai shutdown. They said the factory will produce the same amount of cars this quarter as they did the last quarter give or take. They also have a lot of batteries available as production didn’t stop on those. The factory is nearly back up to full speed. The factory production rate was being ramped up in excess of previous quarters so it will be producing more cars in the shorter time.

Thanks for the summary - but did they mention how these cars will be distributed? i.e. Same amount of cars heading to the U.K. or majority going to elsewhere etc.?

Hopefully with more cars they won’t be slacking on quality control

Reactions: delta0
Cheers - I’d imagine I’ll just pop through to Glasgow when the big day arrives on the assumption you might be able to get it a few hours earlier than waiting for the delivery. When I first ordered I half expected to have to collect from Southampton so Glasgow is a bonus…!
I think tusker vehicles get delivered - I know mine was even though I'm about 4 miles from Southampton docks....

I also have a Tesla on order through Tusker with a MY due for delivery ‘early June’ on the Tusker system and updated as of 17 April (moved from delivery in early May). I spoke with the Tusker rep and she seemed confident of the delivery and indicated I was on the system as a pickup from the Glasgow Service Centre. Tusker do normally deliver but with Tesla’s they follow the Tesla delivery process. Eagerly awaiting the text from Tesla when allocated a VIN and the car is in transit.

Now … here’s a question … with solar panels and a powerwall … is Octopus a good deal … I have no idea … what I do know is that I am looking forward to getting my Tesla so that I can stop dumping to the blimmin’ grid!

yes.

three main options if you can switch

1) Octopus go : 4 hours off peak (currently 7.5p) for EV charging. Peak is a little higher than other tariffs but also varies by location so check.
2) Intelligent Octopus : 6 hours off peak (I'm paying 7.5p also but I don't know if thats changed). You charge your car using the octopus app so you tell it how much charge you need and when by, and it sets a schedule to charge by then, but in 30 minute windows using the cheapest/cleanest energy. Main benefit here is the longer window (so you can run more of your house on cheap rate) and if your EV charge needs longer, you can often get bonus time slots which your whole house can use too.
3) Tesla Energy Plan. You need a powerwall for this and I think there is also a solar PV size limitation. But effectively you hand over the keys to your powerwall to Octopus, they use it to store energy when the prices are low, and discharge to the grid when prices are high. You don't get any benefit directly from the powerwall. In return, you get 'net metering' so you pay a little more for your electric than off peak - 12p I think? But you get that all day, so your *peak* rate is also 12p per unit. And you also get 12p for any excess energy you export to the grid. So effectively you don't care about using all that excess fully, as the grid becomes your battery and you get 100% utilistation of your solar - you export 10kwh you can then draw down 10kwh later and its cost you 0.

yes.

three main options if you can switch

1) Octopus go : 4 hours off peak (currently 7.5p) for EV charging. Peak is a little higher than other tariffs but also varies by location so check.
2) Intelligent Octopus : 6 hours off peak (I'm paying 7.5p also but I don't know if thats changed). You charge your car using the octopus app so you tell it how much charge you need and when by, and it sets a schedule to charge by then, but in 30 minute windows using the cheapest/cleanest energy. Main benefit here is the longer window (so you can run more of your house on cheap rate) and if your EV charge needs longer, you can often get bonus time slots which your whole house can use too.
3) Tesla Energy Plan. You need a powerwall for this and I think there is also a solar PV size limitation. But effectively you hand over the keys to your powerwall to Octopus, they use it to store energy when the prices are low, and discharge to the grid when prices are high. You don't get any benefit directly from the powerwall. In return, you get 'net metering' so you pay a little more for your electric than off peak - 12p I think? But you get that all day, so your *peak* rate is also 12p per unit. And you also get 12p for any excess energy you export to the grid. So effectively you don't care about using all that excess fully, as the grid becomes your battery and you get 100% utilistation of your solar - you export 10kwh you can then draw down 10kwh later and its cost you 0.
Thank you Mrklaw, that is really helpful. It hadn‘t occurred to me that the grid effectively becomes the battery whilst assuring 100% solar utilisation, option 3 does sound good, I guess it evens out over the year too … like right now, charging my hopefully soon to arrive M3 RWD would be easy off solar panels with some to spare … come winter however and it will be a different story … I just want the car and I want it now 😆

Has anyone who is with British Gas had a home charger installed with them? I called them up today to ask them to change my 60A main fuse. They've advised it will all get done when I install the charger with them.

I've also looked up their EV tariff and it's nowhere near as good as Octopus Go etc, and also includes a dodgy looking extra 50.551p per day "Standing charge" which I think would make it almost pointless moving over to?

Has anyone who is with British Gas had a home charger installed with them? I called them up today to ask them to change my 60A main fuse. They've advised it will all get done when I install the charger with them.

I've also looked up their EV tariff and it's nowhere near as good as Octopus Go etc, and also includes a dodgy looking extra 50.551p per day "Standing charge" which I think would make it almost pointless moving over to?
It will get done by the DNO. However, your eventual Wall Point installer will make the application to the DNO.
(I sound quite expert but that's thanks to member @PITA)

Cool. So I'm thinking ignore British Gas (and their over-priced tariff) and get it done by a local approved installer, then I can hopefully find the best tariff separately.
Exactly!
I went for the Tesla Wall Point. If there are any issues later, it will reduce the entities involved in finger pointing.

DNO coming for fuse upgrade on the 29th April🤞

Cool. So I'm thinking ignore British Gas (and their over-priced tariff) and get it done by a local approved installer, then I can hopefully find the best tariff separately.
I had mine installed by an installer, the same one that installed the solar panels, and they liaised with the DNO … I can’t really imagine BG being competitive … I am thinking though that with more and more EVs we may see more competitive tariffs further down the line …

Reactions: Wattsisname
Wait.... so BG is overcharging us ?? Who'd have thought.

I'm on BG and have been for a while now. Is Octopus Go really worth it u guys reckon?
Abso-bloomin-lutely!!

This is how I got my name "Electric Police" It's what the family call me as I tell them off for using electricity that exceeds the Solar inverter output (in the day) or if they switch on the dishwasher in the day when it could go on overnight.

Seriously, it took us a while to shift habits but we had a new kitchen fitted a couple of years ago and ended up with two dishwashers and two washing machines. All now run overnight and the tumble dryer during winter.

Check my usage stats and do some maths on your payments for your rates. This is my last months bill 18 Mar- 17 April 2022.

Bear in mind Octopus very kindly extended my original stupidly cheap rates for another year until 2022. Lucky me!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 14.29.55.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 14.29.55.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 139
I'm on BG and have been for a while now. Is Octopus Go really worth it u guys reckon?
We were dumped on BG, at their standard variable rate, after Peoples' Energy went kaputt last September. We stuck with BG until the end of Jan 2022 (after getting them to install a smart meter), when we switched to Octopus, then onto the Go tariff shortly after @ 7.5p/kWh for off-peak.

Our monthly electricity bill (not including standing charge) for January 2022 was around £150. The bill for February 2022 was £70. A small part of that difference will be down to increased solar generation in Feb, but it's still a substantial saving to be on Octopus Go if you charge an EV at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoneRanger
So. Just got this email from the delivery team. If in fact it is from them. I got hopeful. Asking me about money is needed to be returned to me from my trade in. My EDD is still the same (August) so a little confused on why there sending this. Does this mean my car is just around the corner or a cruel joke from Elon. 

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220421-153208_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220421-153208_Gmail.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 74