Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've an M3P on order - due for collection from Manchester March 14.

A helpful chap at Tesla Manchester emailed me the attached image, from what I understand 2170L are the latest Panasonic made cells so the battery will be the 82kWh model. Range is shown as 567km = 352m (same as 2021 spec.).

I'd read that the new Ryzen consumed more energy so was concerned with the range showing the same as a 2021 the car would have the Atom processor. A quick web chat with the infamous Davide has put my mind at rest - my car has the Ryzen processors and new 15v low voltage battery - all good news.

Tesla now show a range of 340m for the 2022 M3P - I presume they will be fitting the 79kWh LG battery in future deliveries and I've dropped lucky with a 2022 spec. car and the slightly larger battery.

View attachment 770758
Dont wish to burst a bubble so if you believe a Tesla staff member that is your prerogotive but just for your information the 340 listed by Tesla in Europe is the estimated WLTP Range not the true range. WLTP is the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) laboratory test used to measure estimated range and because it is always higher then the true range, Tesla and many manufacturers (nearly all) use this figure in their vehicle ads. In USA it is illegal to to advertise WLTP as its misleading hence all manufacturers advertise the true EPA range. As such, the same M3P advertised with WLTP of 340 is advertised with estimate true range of 315 miles. Simply look on Tesla site and on top right hand corner change UK to USA to see the true range. One should not expect that Davide or any staff at Tesla to tell anyone that the AMD Ryzen uses substantially more power than previous Intel, that is not good marketing or selling technique and in fact they would be fired on the spot.

Reactions: znafgaz
Dont wish to burst a bubble so if you believe a Tesla staff member that is your prerogotive but just for your information the 340 listed by Tesla in Europe is the estimated WLTP Range not the true range. WLTP is the Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) laboratory test used to measure estimated range and because it is always higher then the true range, Tesla and many manufacturers (nearly all) use this figure in their vehicle ads. In USA it is illegal to to advertise WLTP as its misleading hence all manufacturers advertise the true EPA range. As such, the same M3P advertised with WLTP of 340 is advertised with estimate true range of 315 miles. Simply look on Tesla site and on top right hand corner change UK to USA to see the true range. One should not expect that Davide or any staff at Tesla to tell anyone that the AMD Ryzen uses substantially more power than previous Intel, that is not good marketing or selling technique and in fact they would be fired on the spot.
I've done 10,000+ miles in my current M3P so know how unrealistic both the WLTP and EPA ranges are in real life.

Reactions: CL65
Has anyone got problem with log in to Tesla website account on Mac or PC? I was wishing to check source code if there is update on VIN, even though I said yesterday that I'm expecting for this to be updated next week. Obviously being impatient 😁
I can log in on iPhone to account but not on laptop. So already coming with conspiracy theory that maybe they are updating my account with VIN LOL

Now I may be making this up, but I think I’m not. I remember seeing something on YouTube comparing the new tail lights on the model 3 vs the older models…

I think they made the indicator lights wider? I think the older models have quite a small indicator light.
Can anyone confirm this?

Afternoon all

Has anyone experienced ordering to delivery via Tusker?

I placed an order for M3 LR (blue, black, aero) on 8 December but I don’t think they actually placed the order with Tesla until 6th January.

At that point they gave me EDD “mid-March” and I received an invitation from Tesla to set up my account.

Since then, I’ve heard nothing. Tusker have no updates since 6th Jan and restate the mid-March date any time I ask, and Tesla say they won’t share any updates unless Tusker authorise them to speak with the customer. They did say that based on my order date a March delivery was “still possible”.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and had any luck getting more details from Tusker or Tesla?

Cheers!

I’ve got a order for a M3P with Tusker. My experience is similar to yours, zero info coming to me and met with vaguery when I contact them.

I am trying to not worry about it by checking in here constantly to get a flavour of the situation! For me it seems that March is still in having ordered late Jan 🤷🏼‍♂️

Has anyone got problem with log in to Tesla website account on Mac or PC? I was wishing to check source code if there is update on VIN, even though I said yesterday that I'm expecting for this to be updated next week. Obviously being impatient 😁
I can log in on iPhone to account but not on laptop. So already coming with conspiracy theory that maybe they are updating my account with VIN LOL
Forget my previous post. Finally managed to log in on laptop and no VIN in source code. I would like to have superpowers of Dr Strange now, where I can fast forward time to end of March when I'm collecting car ⏩⌛🏎️

In case anyone is interested in immediate delivery, otherwise please ignore. As Tesla is now offering August and November 2022 deliveries for new orders (6-9 months from now), thought someone may be interested in immediate delivery. I have received notice from my company to move back to the USA and only a week before receiving notice I purchased and took delivery of a Tesla M3. In case anyone may be interested or know someone who may be interested, I have a brand new M3 LR MSM (Midnight Silver Metallic) with 19" Sports Wheels which was one of the last produced in December with the Data-enabled USB Hub and all the Data Apps plus has 12-months Free Premium Networking. It has not been driven and has been stored in an underground locked garage, not exposed to the environment, it is brand spanking new, feels and smells and looks brand new. In case of interest and wish to inspect, it is located in Central London. It is priced exactly what I paid Tesla, with no premium. If you search for Tesla LR's on Autotrader there are 5 brand new M3's but all without the 1500 pound 19" wheels and are all demanding premiums priced at 53,950. Mine is much less pls it comes with the 19" wheels plus + Data-enabled USB Hub + 12-months Free Premium Networking:

You’re a true gentleman. Unlike some people on autotrader trying to profit from their Tesla’s.
Hope you sell it very soon and good luck in the USA!

I've done 10,000+ miles in my current M3P so know how unrealistic both the WLTP and EPA ranges are in real life.

I havent done 10,000 miles but I own two M3 LR, one in the UK (produced just before the global shortage) and one here in USA (produced just after the global shortage) and to be honest I don't see any difference at all except the one here in USA I didn't get the Data-enabled USB Hub or the 12-month free premium networking, just a single month which is shortly up!

You’re a true gentleman. Unlike some people on autotrader trying to profit from their Tesla’s.
Hope you sell it very soon and good luck in the USA!

Thank you so much for your well wishes. I reluctantly left and here now in USA. Unfortunately due to staff shortage I was left but no choice to move otherwise I would have stayed not to mention the M3 I purchased here unlike the one in UK does not have the Data-enabled USB Hub which my wife and children used for music and games plus in a few days I have to start paying for premium networking as the one one here only came with 1-month of premium gsm/lte networking while the one in UK had 12 whole months free!

Those look great - have you seen people saying that organiser fits under the boot lid allowing it to close properly? I don’t need the liner with that but also like the look of your choice of boot liner.

Would you mind sharing what you’ve gone with for tyre pump and repair? With Tesla offering callout/breakdown included with the car I don’t know if I need tyre repair as that may affect whether a garage will repair my tyre, but may be worth carrying.
On paper the measurements work out perfectly - studied youtube material, and someone measured 30cm height - this one comes in at 27cm high so a few cms to play with. When it arrived I literally plonked it on the sub trunk mat, and fits like a glove. It helps as it has rounded bottoms, the base of it is about 1.5 cm narrower than the size of the boxy part. Pretty much equal to this :

Not paying >£100 for that! BUT it does show the room, the one I decided on is just a tad smaller.

I digress.

I got myself a couple of cans of

Cant argue at £5 each,

Already have a https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MVWX4Q1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So 'get my by' tyre repair on the road should be covered. Obvs just get to a garage as soon as possible, but it will get you home.