Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cheers for the links, liked your recommendations so much I went ahead and ordered, Ali Express about half the price of Amazon, I have just had confirmation of order being shipped, out of interest can you remember how long yours took to ship over?
Think the longest I waited was around 3 weeks. 16th Jan to 8th Feb.. But it only took a week for another item, so I guess it's pretty in the open. Ali is good for non rush stuff for sure though!! 😁

Reactions: M3P_2022
I think I have been very restrained and not spoken to Tesla Chat this week 😂
Restraint ran out this lunchtime seeing so many receiving delivery windows reaching to the end of March.
Chatted with Katy (who I haven't chatted with before). She seemed really nice, but wasn't able to help me much.
She then offered to speak with her manager to find out what she could and come back to me....then terminated the chat :oops:
Back to the waiting game!
Any news? She could have accidentally pressed the wrong button and terminated the chat, either way she should have had enough time now, so if she's not got back to you, create another chat window. :)

What?!?!

Whilst I’m happy for you (and I am really) I ordered my M3P over a month ago and my delivery has just been pushed back to May.

Honestly, this is farcical how Tesla allocate cars 😡
This will be my first Tesla but I have heard people say how awful the process is, there is probably a big computer trying to be smart somewhere.
When I ordered, the M3P was stated as May while the LR/SR was August.
Hopefully yours can get a jump forward too! 👍

Reactions: TheSmithers
Ordered M3 RWD, White, 18'', Black Interior. Ordered on 9th December 2021, leasing through Central Contracts as broker, Lex Autolease as financier.

Just called Tesla- helpful chap on the phone looked up my order using the RN number. He said I haven't been matched to a car yet but scheduled to be matched from 1st March. He said you would usually get matched within around 2 weeks of being eligible to be matched to a car so 2 weeks from 1st March. Not really sure how true all this is- Central Contracts told me last week that the supplier have given 15th March as EDD, but that is obviously not likely if I haven't even been matched to a vehicle. He said he would think it would be end of March or April or at the worst case scenario said May. Not great really, the initial EDD was February when I ordered.

• Informative
Reactions: jmhumphreys
Any news? She could have accidentally pressed the wrong button and terminated the chat, either way she should have had enough time now, so if she's not got back to you, create another chat window. :)
Not sure what happened. The chat may just have timed-out or she may (in fairness) have just got fed up with me asking too many questions 😂
Let's just say I have been back in touch and I may have found a work-around. A very helpful chat with another TA followed by a call providing me with a clearer way of sorting my situation out. Let's see :)

Not sure what happened. The chat may just have timed-out or she may (in fairness) have just got fed up with me asking too many questions 😂
Let's just say I have been back in touch and I may have found a work-around. A very helpful chat with another TA followed by a call providing me with a clearer way of sorting my situation out. Let's see :)

fingers crossed for you

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Interesting piece of info from my earlier chat with Katy...

"VIN allocations don't happen all at once, and this morning we got confirmation that there are more to come for March delivery"

May give others a glimmer of hope too :)

true, but doesn't stop this all being a bit of a joke for your order when you must have seen by now multiple same spec cars getting assignments to people with later orders than you?

true, but doesn't stop this all being a bit of a joke for your order when you must have seen by now multiple same spec cars getting assignments to people with later orders than you?
In fairness, nobody with the 'same' spec. There have been a few with aero wheels on RWD/White/Black. Issue I have is that I paid extra for sport wheels back in November on the pretense that this would result in a quicker delivery (February rather than May) - it clearly is not the case! Trying very hard to stay positive and not let all this take the shine off the experience :)

Trying to think positively here.. if the license check was the last outstanding thing for me, maybe it also is for you. I guess it would make sense for them to work through checks in a certain order. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. 🤞
I had my license check completed 2 weeks ago, and still in the dark☹️. I am now just hoping they release authority to Tesla on a certain day at the end of the month

In fairness, nobody with the 'same' spec. There have been a few with aero wheels on RWD/White/Black. Issue I have is that I paid extra for sport wheels back in November on the pretense that this would result in a quicker delivery (February rather than May) - it clearly is not the case! Trying very hard to stay positive and not let all this take the shine off the experience :)
Mate. Your positivity is hopefully inspiring others. 😂

thanks. Bought a battery powered ring compressor for the boot. Wife has an old 12v one in her polo and its always a faff winding the cable up and getting around to all the wheels, so I sprang a bit extra for the portable version. On discount at amazon so £39 I think.

does repair foam work on acoustic tyres?
Saw this as I was thinking of getting some kind of tyre repair kit

Reactions: JanF1
On paper the measurements work out perfectly - studied youtube material, and someone measured 30cm height - this one comes in at 27cm high so a few cms to play with. When it arrived I literally plonked it on the sub trunk mat, and fits like a glove. It helps as it has rounded bottoms, the base of it is about 1.5 cm narrower than the size of the boxy part. Pretty much equal to this :

Not paying >£100 for that! BUT it does show the room, the one I decided on is just a tad smaller.

I digress.

I got myself a couple of cans of

Cant argue at £5 each,

Already have a https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MVWX4Q1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So 'get my by' tyre repair on the road should be covered. Obvs just get to a garage as soon as possible, but it will get you home.
Won't this Tyre sealant destroy the tyre pressure sensor with the foam?

Reactions: Snowy77