Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following the fun of yesterdays website changes I logged in this morning whilst holding my breath to see if there was any change in EDD for me. Thankfully it still remains as 13 May to 16th June for a Blue Model Y with 19" wheels.

I remain concerned as my trade in value expires on the 1st June and am concerned a revised quote may be significantly less...

I went into my local Tesla Showroom yesterday and spoke to the guy who helped us order the car. He seemed adamant that these EDD's would be accurate, he stated those that weren't going to be delivered in that time frame have had their EDD amended.

I explained my concern re the factory shut down which he said would hit their Q2 sales but it wouldn't wipe them out as there are cars already made... I just don't know who to believe. He certainly seemed very certain when speaking to me. If there are no cars why don't Tesla change my EDD estimate?? I can only assume that there is still a window of opportunity to get out cars within this time frame, however that seems to be remote.

Anyone have a view as to why customers still have EDD's in May?

Reactions: Nicki Minaj
Just realising that I've ordered at possibly the worst time in terms of getting value for money:

- After the £5k price increase
- The OZEV grant for home chargers has just ended on April 1st (for homeowner)
- Deposit has also recently just gone up to £200

:oops:

Is there literally no help from the government for people in my position right now? Honestly I think given we need to shift everyone onto EVs it is very poor. Right now unless you have the funds to buy a decent EV then buying another petrol/diesel car is sadly going to be the only sensible option for the vast majority of people. It is wrong.

Is there literally no help from the government for people in my position right now? Honestly I think given we need to shift everyone onto EVs it is very poor. Right now unless you have the funds to buy a decent EV then buying another petrol/diesel car is sadly going to be the only sensible option for the vast majority of people. It is wrong.
I had thought the same, but I read there was a heated debate, where one pefectly unknowledgeable / uninformed classified a Tesla as a 'rich persons PLAY THING'... The government in trying to keep peace in a climate of 'rich get richer' etc, decided to only subsidy vehicles that aren't practical, and for want of a better term, cheap towny cars. They're happy to throw money an an eGolf with 120 miles of range, but not a Model 3. There's a lot of hate for Tesla and EVs on our county newspaper (KM), but most likely because a few owners pointed out the rising fuel prices on pump weren't factor for an EV. Another chap that did have a little eGolf was crucified by stepping up to complain about 3rd party chargers never working...

The UK has a large technophobe population, and a high rant response lol - This I am afraid fuels the government to not step up as they should to electrify Britain.

Having owned audi and land rovers, where there was no information at all,
Following the fun of yesterdays website changes I logged in this morning whilst holding my breath to see if there was any change in EDD for me. Thankfully it still remains as 13 May to 16th June for a Blue Model Y with 19" wheels.

I remain concerned as my trade in value expires on the 1st June and am concerned a revised quote may be significantly less...

I went into my local Tesla Showroom yesterday and spoke to the guy who helped us order the car. He seemed adamant that these EDD's would be accurate, he stated those that weren't going to be delivered in that time frame have had their EDD amended.

I explained my concern re the factory shut down which he said would hit their Q2 sales but it wouldn't wipe them out as there are cars already made... I just don't know who to believe. He certainly seemed very certain when speaking to me. If there are no cars why don't Tesla change my EDD estimate?? I can only assume that there is still a window of opportunity to get out cars within this time frame, however that seems to be remote.

Anyone have a view as to why customers still have EDD's in May?
I assume a number of cars would have been completed and waiting dockside for loading. This would require a bit of time to build up the numbers for a shipment, especially if they build batches of colours and configs at a time, so need to create a mix... It may not be the original target number, due to the shutdown, but it may be enough to satisfy the May/June deliveries. Any later EDDs would be just provisional at this stage pending the supply chain / factory restart.
I just remember the image from a few years ago when a huge car park of cars were destroyed dockside in Shanghai due to an explosion at a chemical store.

Reactions: Andyb5
Having owned audi and land rovers, where there was no information at all,

I assume a number of cars would have been completed and waiting dockside for loading. This would require a bit of time to build up the numbers for a shipment, especially if they build batches of colours and configs at a time, so need to create a mix... It may not be the original target number, due to the shutdown, but it may be enough to satisfy the May/June deliveries. Any later EDDs would be just provisional at this stage pending the supply chain / factory restart.
I just remember the image from a few years ago when a huge car park of cars were destroyed dockside in Shanghai due to an explosion at a chemical store.
There is also the matter of which markets are prioritised; the Chinese market for Tesla Is very lively.

So my M3LR arrived complete with swirls 2 weeks ago and tomorrow she goes into Tesla Service for some paint correction. I'm honestly a little fearful of what will happen (and 2nd guessing myself on whether its actually worth doing, is it only me that notices the micro scratches?). For our long awaited new car collections, paint condition (i.e will it have been washed with a brillo pad) is a concern voiced many times in this forum so I'll try and keep you informed around the outcome from the perspective a fussy new owner. Hopefully it won't be a factor for any of you but it would be great to give a good news update that Tesla were able to remedy minor swirls (my car is black which is pretty much the most challenging colour for swirls, but also pretty amazing mirror finish on uneffected areas). I know that strictly speaking this is an orders to delivery forum but I hope it will be relevant for soon to be new owners (be it good bad or ugly), also its the only group I've interacted with and I'm not ready to move on yet! Fingers crossed I'll have some nice before/after pics in a few days.
Let me know how it goes and yes deffo for pictures! My car is due in at the end of May. They want the car for the whole day so they are giving me a courtesy car. Ive also got black and it came with two scratches and swirl marks all over. Which service centre are you taking it too?

Reactions: ScorpioRising
I had thought the same, but I read there was a heated debate, where one pefectly unknowledgeable / uninformed classified a Tesla as a 'rich persons PLAY THING'... The government in trying to keep peace in a climate of 'rich get richer' etc, decided to only subsidy vehicles that aren't practical, and for want of a better term, cheap towny cars. They're happy to throw money an an eGolf with 120 miles of range, but not a Model 3. There's a lot of hate for Tesla and EVs on our county newspaper (KM), but most likely because a few owners pointed out the rising fuel prices on pump weren't factor for an EV. Another chap that did have a little eGolf was crucified by stepping up to complain about 3rd party chargers never working...

The UK has a large technophobe population, and a high rant response lol - This I am afraid fuels the government to not step up as they should to electrify Britain.
Yeah, all good points. I read the article and that poor lad was only trying to get the charger fixed FFS :D

Just checking now and you get up to £1500 off select EVs up to RRP of £32,000. Even that isn't exactly much of a help to be honest. I certainly don't think it is enough to convince someone on the fence to buy an EV ahead of a petrol/diesel. Not even close.

Now there is no grant for a home charger too (for a normal homeowner) that is another incentive gone.

There is already enough unkowns/nervousness around switching to an EV without making it even less appealing.

Given we're supposed to stop selling petrol/diesel cars in only around 10 years I think this is all very short-sighted personally. We are nowhere near ready for that date and I can only see that date getting pushed back quietly at some point in the future.

Reactions: Snowy77
So, have spoken to Tesla and my order is confirmed as a new build RWD. Looks to be the same car I rejected last minute end of quarter.

Had to ask about my business finance as well as had no update on it (completed 5th April) , it had been approved but there must be a manual element to the process as they needed to apply it to my account.

Collection booked for 27th April at Trafford Centre.

Let me know how it goes and yes deffo for pictures! My car is due in at the end of May. They want the car for the whole day so they are giving me a courtesy car. Ive also got black and it came with two scratches and swirl marks all over. Which service centre are you taking it too?
Yes, please do keep us informed on the paint correction process.
Also, @ DanielSon How long have you had to wait for your paint correction appointment?
Another six weeks to go!

Reactions: ScorpioRising
I just checked my Tesla account and it seems I have been waiting so long the credit agreement expired LOL? I just had to fill it back in, so reapplying for the credit. Good news is my salary has gone up in 2022 so if I get rejected i'm going to facepalm my head through my desk.

Whilst there I checked ETA. No change since the amendment:

1649930182449.png

Reactions: Nicki Minaj