Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me know how it goes and yes deffo for pictures! My car is due in at the end of May. They want the car for the whole day so they are giving me a courtesy car. Ive also got black and it came with two scratches and swirl marks all over. Which service centre are you taking it too?
Ive left it with Nottingham Service centre, the team were really helpful and seem genuinely interested in sorting it for me, saying I should expect a new vehicle not to have these issues (even if minor). Had a nice little chat and they mentioned that they need to bring Birmingham NEC collection facilities up to scratch (no pun intended). In the meantime they’ve let me loose with a Model X loaner (those falcon doors are super fun!). The proof is of course in the pudding in terms of outcome but I have to say every individual I’ve encountered at Tesla (in store advisers, webchat, telephony and service) have been incredibly friendly and helpful.

So in TMC tradition: The classic £1

View attachment 793572

😆

We have SUCCESS!

1649934786085.png

Scam / phishing / bogus anxiety is cured !

What is the £1 payment thing all about?
ahha, yeah it's the issue with the UK bank verification thing. Because tesla use a CITI account and it's not in the UK bank database, whenever you try to move money across to the account they provide, you typically get spammed by your bank advising it's unsafe, could be fraud, could be a scam, and asks you to double check, triple check, and check again, and send you confirmations... It gives you the heebeegeebies, so instead of moving large sums, it's become a bit of a tradition here to flip a pound coin in to the well to see if any splashback. if it appears on your account, you're golden, and it sure does help squash all that anxiousness at the prospect of pushing 10 / 15 / 20 / 50k+ in to an account your bank makes quite clear could be a scam 😆

For some reason the Tesla Loan section on mine shows the price in USD not GBP. No idea why and everything else is correctly in GBP. Should I be concerned?
It is curious. Some times mine shows the pricing in $ and then next time I look ( a micro second later) it's in £s. I wondered if I should perhaps make a payment while the amount is in $s! The numbers are unchanged just the currency alternates.

I have a powerful yen to receive my MY but the price has not (yet) been expressed in that currency.

Reactions: Snowy77
So the next question is, what do folks think? Is it too early to settle the balance if we're looking at a June delivery? Should I wait until I have a VIN?

hmms 😚

I could not wait any longer, so I transferred a lump sum of £10.00 the other day. 😁

On a serious note, I have the same question. Does settling early help, especially when dealing with Tesla Financial Services for credit?

It is curious. Some times mine shows the pricing in $ and then next time I look ( a micro second later) it's in £s. I wondered if I should perhaps make a payment while the amount is in $s! The numbers are unchanged just the currency alternates.

I have a powerful yen to receive my MY but the price has not (yet) been expressed in that currency.
Make sure your website is set to GB, Tesla's website has a habit of when you click the homepage, it goes to Tesla.com and into US

Just looking at the UK order page for Model Y and the Autopilot description on the right of the page seems to have disappeared, although the enhanced autopilot and FSD purchase options are still there. Are Tesla removing inclusive Autopilot, or is it a web page glitch?

It’s become a bit of a tradition here to flip a pound coin in to the well to see if any splashback. if it appears on your account, you're golden, and it sure does help squash all that anxiousness at the prospect of pushing 10 / 15 / 20 / 50k+ in to an account your bank makes quite clear could be a scam 😆
And there’s me just yeeting the remaining £750 I needed to pay at the Tesla account without a second thought 😂 bit out of character but I was more concerned about any delays to delivery due to my own hold up.

• Funny
Dont make payment until 48 hours prior to receiving multiple confirmations of delivery and probably 1-2 calls from Tesla Netherlands (HQ for Tesla Treasury)
I can live with this. Status of the order won't change, but I guess they'll start to chase when they get the money itch 😆

Good reccomendation, I'll hold for now... and as @jenp said it keeps options open as well.

I'll wait for VIN, and then a delivery confirmation. Money is ready to go, so with the £1 test success, I'm all set here.

Cheers guys 🍻

Reactions: jenp
On a serious note, I have the same question. Does settling early help, especially when dealing with Tesla Financial Services for credit?
Nah, the only blocker would be if you were refused credit. Once approved it gives the account the green light. You'll never get dropped in priority. Everything will spin the same. You'll lose your car if you refuse to pay the nominated amount on time, or reject the car then it'll get assigned to someone else / put on inventory. It was that timing thing I was curious about. I rememeber reading somewhere it needs to be in prior to collection, and @CL65 has probably provided the optimum time to do things. The rest is on Tesla now, when they got me a car I got them their money! ☺️

Just looking at the UK order page for Model Y and the Autopilot description on the right of the page seems to have disappeared, although the enhanced autopilot and FSD purchase options are still there. Are Tesla removing inclusive Autopilot, or is it a web page glitch?

Basic Autopilot is still there. Click 'FEATURE DETAILS' under the model selection (Costings) and its in there.

Reactions: JanF1 and HowieR
Nah, the only blocker would be if you were refused credit. Once approved it gives the account the green light. You'll never get dropped in priority. Everything will spin the same. You'll lose your car if you refuse to pay the nominated amount on time, or reject the car then it'll get assigned to someone else / put on inventory. It was that timing thing I was curious about. I rememeber reading somewhere it needs to be in prior to collection, and @CL65 has probably provided the optimum time to do things. The rest is on Tesla now, when they got me a car I got them their money! ☺️
Am I good then? (Still waiting for them to confirm trade-in terms, but aside from that I think I've done everything required of me at this early stage?).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 14.15.00.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 14.15.00.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 47