Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
75107286-DBFB-4D36-9A58-4A2FB77EC9EF.png

Got this off Twitter. So don’t know how reliably unreliable this news is. The picture has lots of cars finished cars prior to shutdown. Hopefully they make it to the docks and VIN allocation in the next couple of weeks!!

Reactions: frasax and delta0
View attachment 794981
Got this off Twitter. So don’t know how reliably unreliable this news is. The picture has lots of cars finished cars prior to shutdown. Hopefully they make it to the docks and VIN allocation in the next couple of weeks!!
As we suspected loads of already finished cars ready to be shipped. Probably why there are May EDD dates for some.

This is a car that has been left behind from March deliveries for some reason. I would check carefully as I bet it’s one that was damaged unloading and now repaired

It would be illegal for Tesla to sell a damaged vehicle without advising the buyer. Look on your order or invoice, if you see a nominal discount of a few hundred pounds it will be a goodwill discount for having sold you brand vehicle that has sat in the showroom for a few weeks otherwise is brand new and will still have 10-30 delivery miles. If it has no discount at all then it is a brand new vehicle which was allocated to someone who either cancelled or who's fine did not go through hence cancelled and reallocated automatically to someone else. To place your own mind at rest, you can ask customer service the physical location of the vehicle today, then use google to find the phone number for that specific location, for example Tesla Heathrow, then call them or central customer service, provide the VIN/RN number and state you wish to know (1) the date the vehicle landed in UK/Southhampton (public information which they will gladly provide) and only then (2) why has this vehicle sat for so long and was not already delivered to a customer 10-days after it landed in the UK. They will look on the history of the vehicle and tell you exactly why and the history of the vehicle prior to being assigned to you

Still loads of Teslas sat in Brent Cross carpark. I took this picture 5 mins ago.
View attachment 794923
All these vehicles have already been registered with DVLA (simply doing a road tax status check or VPI check) hence they will already have an owner. They are most probably owned by a Car hire company waiting integration in their car hire fleet (like AVIS or Hertz) or a dealer who has purchased them and intends to sell them one by one in the current very tight market, at a premium

Reactions: delta0
All these vehicles have already been registered with DVLA (simply doing a road tax status check or VPI check) hence they will already have an owner. They are most probably owned by a Car hire company waiting integration in their car hire fleet (like AVIS or Hertz) or a dealer who has purchased them and intends to sell them one by one in the current very tight market, at a premium
yeah that makes sense... I live so close to BC, I might go have a cheeky wander.

Reactions: Wattsisname