Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In regards to the orphaned cars, can you still pick those up if you are doing a Tesla loan etc? The reason I ask is that the inventory section of the website only seems to let you pay in cash.

If the inventory car is same price, and the financials are in sync, then they just transfer the new VIN to your RN, and ask for your money as it would be if your car had just been delivered.

It's worth asking if the spec is different they may need to have to cancel your agreement and reprocess.. In my experience, the approval process is almost instant. Technically, as long as you're re-approved, should be dandy. The whole mad end of Q rush is the only time they withdraw financials and go cash only to expedite the sale it seems.

But in short, yep people have just spotted a car on inventory and had the VIN allocated to their RN within minutes.

There will be some anomalies due to supply issues causing delays in production of specific vehicles vs allocation, but without those uncontrollable influences then priority looks to be entirely based on the value of your order. This is born out in the initial estimated date on the website when you order, you can literally just move your date around by adding or removing options of the same value.

Want it sooner? - choose white interior (£1000), or upgrade the paint (£1000) - estimated date will move based on the cost of an option.
Select a RWD base model though and the date starts off a year away and even adding as many options as you can - it doesn't get a date anywhere near close to the performance model.....as the base price on that is so much more.

I believe software only options like FSD now have far less influence on the date than they used to be, as Tesla were recently pulled up on that in the media.
I went for LR, blue so premium paint, black seats (hated the white ones), and 19" wheels

I went for LR, blue so premium paint, black seats (hated the white ones), and 19" wheels

Nice!....I went for black on the M3P, black seats as well as I don't like the white as they're just too white!
I was going to go for the LR, but the price shot up £5000 before I ordered and then it wasn't far off the cost of a performance model.

The 20" performance uberturbine wheels I don't like the look of, they will be replaced on day one with 19" T-Sportline TS5's (zero-g clones) and some Michelin PS4S tyres as the Pirelli P-zero's are not as good a tyre as I'm used to. Want 19" as well for a bit more comfort along with protection from potholes vs the 20" 35 profile.

The uberturbines will then be put up on eBay, with tyres etc. Some people love them, and I'm sure some people will want them just so their LR looks like a performance model, especially if they've done the boost upgrade.

Nice!....I went for black on the M3P, black seats as well as I don't like the white as they're just too white!
I was going to go for the LR, but the price shot up £5000 before I ordered and then it wasn't far off the cost of a performance model.

The 20" performance uberturbine wheels I don't like the look of, they will be replaced on day one with 19" T-Sportline TS5's (zero-g clones) and some Michelin PS4S tyres as the Pirelli P-zero's are not as good a tyre as I'm used to. Want 19" as well for a bit more comfort along with protection from potholes vs the 20" 35 profile.

The uberturbines will then be put up on eBay, with tyres etc. Some people love them, and I'm sure some people will want them just so their LR looks like a performance model, especially if they've done the boost upgrade.
I absolutely love the uberturbines. The black wheels on a pearl white car just naturally look great to me - matches the black detailing brilliantly.

Just out of curiosity, what you selling them for? Just out of curiosity, naturally 😚 😁

I absolutely love the uberturbines. The black wheels on a pearl white car just naturally look great to me - matches the black detailing brilliantly.

Just out of curiosity, what you selling them for? Just out of curiosity, naturally 😚 😁

They're not going to be cheap! - if bought separately the tyres are £250 each (plus fitting) as they're the Tesla ones with the noise foam , the newer style bluetooth pressure sensors needed for 2021 models onwards are included and they come to £250.

I'd be looking at £3000 all in, and reckon i'd get that on ebay. Might do a bit of a discount if you're interested and willing to pick up....but I know £3k for wheels and tyres is a lot of outlay!

Btw if i'm breaking any forum rules discussing this in open forum or wrong thread, someone let me know as i'm new here ;)

Reactions: Snowy77
I've had the June text too, EDD has been June 4-30 for a week or two.

I wonder if this is triggered by an automated event, so there may be more certainty now (e.g. Appropriate cars being built., RoRo's booked etc) , or just someone pressing a button?