Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this:

Finally, Tesla notes that they have NO plans to offer any of these options above as service retrofits. That includes the AMD processor.

A solid decision maker to hang out a little longer for the revised car (if you are bothered about the AMD CPU)

I found the Intel Atom to be way too laggy on v11. AMD should be much better.

I didn't notice the lag when test driving, although, I wasn't looking for it :D :D :D

I am however in tech and understand the significance of the longevity and short term future proofing the AMD chip stands for. The fact that possible no retrofits announced make me a bit nervous.

• Updated Speaker Count: There are now 13 speakers (from 14) plus subwoofer: Tesla has removed the center instrument panel speaker.

This one I think I can live with 😋

I didn't notice the lag when test driving, although, I wasn't looking for it :D :D :D

I am however in tech and understand the significance of the longevity and short term future proofing the AMD chip stands for. The fact that possible no retrofits announced make me a bit nervous.

• Updated Speaker Count: There are now 13 speakers (from 14) plus subwoofer: Tesla has removed the center instrument panel speaker.

This one I think I can live with 😋
Removing speakers one at a time is how they achieve industry-leading profit margins!

yeah, I am waiting at this same stage since end of December for M3LR which ordered on 29th of December. haven't got a vin yet as well....

it should be y5j correct?
@yessuz I saw your twitter post to Sawyer Merritt about 2022 update deliveries. Great question, and one I'll be watching. Yell if you get a reply! Liklihood is that the boat coming in will be a mix. Might get lucky and clip the first production. I'm hoping so. I'm reasonably prepping myself for the reality that if you want the laminated rear windows / L-ion battery / AMD, might need to defer until the Q2 shipments.

Remains to be seen what arrives. Tesla may be able to match you to a specific car if no one else has made the same request. It's worth asking. I did.

@yessuz I saw your twitter post to Sawyer Merritt about 2022 update deliveries. Great question, and one I'll be watching. Yell if you get a reply! Liklihood is that the boat coming in will be a mix. Might get lucky and clip the first production. I'm hoping so. I'm reasonably prepping myself for the reality that if you want the laminated rear windows / L-ion battery / AMD, might need to defer until the Q2 shipments.

Remains to be seen what arrives. Tesla may be able to match you to a specific car if no one else has made the same request. It's worth asking. I did.
Take a look at this!!

Reactions: Snowy77
I received the following from Tesla today "Sign in to your Tesla Account to complete pre‑delivery tasks for your upcoming delivery."
Does this mean delivery is soon?
Just pre-delivery prep. Doesn't mean they have a car for you NOW, but it means that you're ready and pre-approved for a call to arrange delivery once they're in and you're allocated a car (which is super exciting when you get the call !!) You can still decline even after the prep is done, if you're not ready. They offered me a car 2 weeks after I did mine, but that was back in December when I expected in March and as such was totally not ready!

Not sure how useful that is as it looks to be just MIA vehicles, not MIC ones - or at least there isn't a way to differentiate. The two factories will have very different stock levels of the different parts.

What is clear is that it isn't an all or nothing approach - you can get varying combinations of new and old components.

Just pre-delivery prep. Doesn't mean they have a car for you NOW, but it means that you're ready and pre-approved for a call to arrange delivery once they're in and you're allocated a car (which is super exciting when you get the call !!) You can still decline even after the prep is done, if you're not ready. They offered me a car 2 weeks after I did mine, but that was back in December when I expected in March and as such was totally not ready!
Super, thanks, especially as its a Y.

Not sure how useful that is as it looks to be just MIA vehicles, not MIC ones - or at least there isn't a way to differentiate. The two factories will have very different stock levels of the different parts.

What is clear is that it isn't an all or nothing approach - you can get varying combinations of new and old components.
Good spot I totally missed the made in America tag. the only thing I can latch on to was the post by Sawyer to say that Fremont / Shanghai are in sync. What we have to be clear on though is that due to near instant availability of cars in the US, compared to shipping delays to the UK, they will see a lot more updated vehicles on collection day. I'd still expect a very diluted scattering of updated cars in the UK in Q1. Q2 should see much more with a diluted amount being non updated, and Q3 onwards exclusively AMD updated cars with all the trimmings.

Q3 is too late for me, in Q3 we're going to be hearing about 2023 updates and the infinite cycle of Osborne effect continues.

I'm prepared to draw the line at the AMD CPU, if I get laminated glass BONUS! if I get the L-ion battery, bonus! I'm getting the car even if it's a frankenstein monster of 2021 + AMD, so be it. Jedi ! :D

Good spot I totally missed the made in America tag. the only thing I can latch on to was the post by Sawyer to say that Fremont / Shanghai are in sync. What we have to be clear on though is that due to near instant availability of cars in the US, compared to shipping delays to the UK, they will see a lot more updated vehicles on collection day. I'd still expect a very diluted scattering of updated cars in the UK in Q1. Q2 should see much more with a diluted amount being non updated, and Q3 onwards exclusively AMD updated cars with all the trimmings.

Q3 is too late for me, in Q3 we're going to be hearing about 2023 updates and the infinite cycle of Osborne effect continues.

I'm prepared to draw the line at the AMD CPU, if I get laminated glass BONUS! if I get the L-ion battery, bonus! I'm getting the car even if it's a frankenstein monster of 2021 + AMD, so be it. Jedi ! :D
I would prefer all laminated windows over ryzen cpu tbh

• Funny
I think this:

Finally, Tesla notes that they have NO plans to offer any of these options above as service retrofits. That includes the AMD processor.

A solid decision maker to hang out a little longer for the revised car (if you are bothered about the AMD CPU)

I'm really torn about what to do with this. I really do want the AMD processor, but I am currently without a car and while I can get by on public transport for a while, it isn't ideal. Deferring to Q2 doesn't necessarily mean I'll get it in April either presumably, I could be waiting until June depending on when the ships come in?

And if the cars that are coming in during Q1 end up being a random mix of some AMD cars and some Intel cars, it will be a total lottery which you get, so how can you know whether to defer or not? Presumably I won't know whether mine actually has AMD or Intel until collection day, and at that point it's too late to defer anyway.

Part of me thinks I should just get a cheap runaround 2nd hand ICE car to tide me over for a few months, tell Tesla right now that I want to defer until Q2, then sell the ICE car when my AMD Model 3 shows up sometimes between April and June.

I hear what has been said about there being no point in waiting, as rumours will start coming out about another enhancement you'll want and you'll end up waiting forever. But I really do think the AMD processor is a significant upgrade. Things like bigger batteries... meh... another 10 or 20 or whatever it is miles of range isn't a huge deal. But the infotainment system is something you interact with multiple times, every single time you drive the car. Would be so frustrating to miss out on it but for being patient another couple of months...