Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What have you got after 'false', if you have LRW, followed by a series of letters and numbers, then you're in business. You need 'false vin LRW*****'

Attachments

• 20220608_103608.jpg
    20220608_103608.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Toblerone
My wife is arranging insurance in the next few days.

The car is bought by our company with her as the keeper (or however it’s named).

I want to make sure the insurance is worth the paper it’s written on.

How do we describe this situation to the insurance companies in the correct terms?
I think it depends on the finance (if used). Similar to you we're buying through our company... we're using PCP. My understanding is finance Co is owner, ltd Co is registered keeper, but your wife will also be listed on the V5

Reactions: RPA335
I had exact same test today. I want a tow hitch for MYLR but wasn’t a factory fit option at time order placed 1st May. I’m tempted to say yes but fear it might screw up my delivery (estimated at 5th sep to 26th oct) and my finance which was fixed weeks ago to lock everything down. Thoughts on whether this will screw my order/finance/delivery? I could always check with Tesla advisor in the morning.
I can see any reason for it to delay anything, as if its not built with it it will just get added when they prep the vehicle

I think it depends on the finance (if used). Similar to you we're buying through our company... we're using PCP. My understanding is finance Co is owner, ltd Co is registered keeper, but your wife will also be listed on the V5
Thanks.

We're PCP through black horse.

I'm fairly sure it's only our business and my wife on the V5 I just want to make sure I don't mislead the insurance company as to how it's set out.

The car is definitely owned by the business but my wife is on there somewhere. Since I won't get the V5 till we collect (I assume we get it then) it's hard to be sure we're getting it right.

Reactions: Rensteruk
Thanks.

We're PCP through black horse.

I'm fairly sure it's only our business and my wife on the V5 I just want to make sure I don't mislead the insurance company as to how it's set out.

The car is definitely owned by the business but my wife is on there somewhere. Since I won't get the V5 till we collect (I assume we get it then) it's hard to be sure we're getting it right.
Yup, exactly the same situation as us (well, me listed on ours, not your wife!!!)

Do let us know when you get confirmation....

Reactions: RPA335
Unfortunately I've decided not to proceed with my Model Y orders. Anyone have any thoughts on whether I should just walk away, or buy and then immediately sell? I don't know if it's worth the hassle and risk

Also, I'm selling all the bits I bought. Real carbon fibre spoiler, dog guard, 3d weatherproof mats, mud guards, all sorts. Over on the for sale page:

Unfortunately I've decided not to proceed with my Model Y orders. Anyone have any thoughts on whether I should just walk away, or buy and then immediately sell? I don't know if it's worth the hassle and risk

Also, I'm selling all the bits I bought. Real carbon fibre spoiler, dog guard, 3d weatherproof mats, mud guards, all sorts. Over on the for sale page:
Look at MYLR price now ! It gone up by £3000. If you call off the order, then you will loose £200 (plus lose of opportunity cost £3000), but if you don't , then £3000 gain. I wouldn't call off unless there a big reason

are you allowed to 'sell your slot' or would you need to take delivery and sell the car? If you can sell your place in the queue it would seem sensible to try and keep hold of it with the recent price hike combined with getting the car sooner than if someone ordered today.

We are all monitoring the countdown for you ..even though you have not been as prolific of late We all want you to enjoy the car and the trip north with your family.
Thanks Jol, combination of time away, Jubilee, and work assignment has lead to a significant absence... Wasn't it strange that it all somehow seemed to be based on my delivery date 🤣😂😅😁 it's all coinsidence... NOT! I was supposed to be away next week for work originally... yeah right!

Just had a monster threadnought read, I think there were countless pages to get through! A realisation I had was that had I been around, some guys here answered questions nearly word for word how I'd have replied, and it's great that the next generation of Tesla comerads are helping and doing exactly what we did for when they were new here :D It's great. I re read a few from post 1 and it all brings some smiles back.

I was tempted to take today off and take the motorbike down to Southampton, 90 minute journey from here to see if I could take a look at RCC EUROPE in person, but alas work again, and it's a mighty hot day for all the bike gear! Instead I was searching for live web cams... but, for some reason our ZScaler proxy has an issue with me looking at 'live cams' for some reason 🤣. I tried my phone, but all the helpful cams seem offline anyway..... oh well.

So, something amusing, for everyone. I spoke to Tesla via web chat, and asked the BIG question.. well two actually. First, the smaller question, and indeed yes the 3-pin plug granny charger absolutely comes with these cars. The second and MAJOR question is... NO. I cannot request that Bluewater pickup does not use a dirty sponge on Snowy. I was told this is not optional, even though I can get a professional hand valet done. So, dirty sponges guys, dirty sponges :(

I'm hoping white doesn't show swirls as much as say a black would, but i'm hoping that Tesla have spent the £7,400 on the OTA sponge upgrade.

If anyone happens to have any photos or live cams of Southampton that work please share over! I know pretty much everyone here has followed her journey. Seems like last week she was still suckling at Singapore.

Also whilst I remember, anyone picking up at Bluewater on Thursday AM? May get a chance to catch some of you in person 🤩🥰

Cheers!! 🍻

Made up for you Snowy
Thanks Jol, combination of time away, Jubilee, and work assignment has lead to a significant absence... Wasn't it strange that it all somehow seemed to be based on my delivery date 🤣😂😅😁 it's all coinsidence... NOT! I was supposed to be away next week for work originally... yeah right!

Just had a monster threadnought read, I think there were countless pages to get through! A realisation I had was that had I been around, some guys here answered questions nearly word for word how I'd have replied, and it's great that the next generation of Tesla comerads are helping and doing exactly what we did for when they were new here :D It's great. I re read a few from post 1 and it all brings some smiles back.

I was tempted to take today off and take the motorbike down to Southampton, 90 minute journey from here to see if I could take a look at RCC EUROPE in person, but alas work again, and it's a mighty hot day for all the bike gear! Instead I was searching for live web cams... but, for some reason our ZScaler proxy has an issue with me looking at 'live cams' for some reason 🤣. I tried my phone, but all the helpful cams seem offline anyway..... oh well.

So, something amusing, for everyone. I spoke to Tesla via web chat, and asked the BIG question.. well two actually. First, the smaller question, and indeed yes the 3-pin plug granny charger absolutely comes with these cars. The second and MAJOR question is... NO. I cannot request that Bluewater pickup does not use a dirty sponge on Snowy. I was told this is not optional, even though I can get a professional hand valet done. So, dirty sponges guys, dirty sponges :(

I'm hoping white doesn't show swirls as much as say a black would, but i'm hoping that Tesla have spent the £7,400 on the OTA sponge upgrade.

If anyone happens to have any photos or live cams of Southampton that work please share over! I know pretty much everyone here has followed her journey. Seems like last week she was still suckling at Singapore.

Also whilst I remember, anyone picking up at Bluewater on Thursday AM? May get a chance to catch some of you in person 🤩🥰

Cheers!! 🍻
Can you name all the ships you at some point thought Snowy might be on? 😬

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77

Cheers!! 🍻
Asked the same question about cleaning as mines blue and got told they can’t contact the cleaners, hoping it’s not too bad, going straight to the detailers to get ppf fitted so they will address any minor imperfections

Reactions: Snowy77