Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't believe this. I only odered my RWD/PWM with sport wheels to get February delivery rather than wait to May. Its now pushed to March and now they are releasing RWD/PWM with aero Wheels that's in transit for February delivery! Do you think I could transfer my order?

yes ring them up. I’m on the phone now - he pointed out they’re due February and is that ok (assume a few people have done the opposite and pushed to March for a 22 plate). I’m without a car now so I’ll take a Feb delivery

edit: He says there are 9-10 cars matching my spec on the internal system. He can’t match himself so needs to talk to another department. He’ll call back once thats done. I mean maybe he’ll run off into the sunset but maybe it’ll push through. I do have finance that needs moving across so its not that straightforward.

small corner of my mind is hoping ‘2022 model 3’ means the new spec - not just the battery but any other bits it includes like Ryzen. Doesn’t really matter but the Atom is a bit of a dog espeically if you’re using something like teslatv to watch iplayer

Last edited:
Reactions: jmhumphreys
Looking through the list seems they are mainly 2022 models, but some are 2021 with the bigger battery (a lot of the black ones are this spec) and one or two are already in-country and are 2021 with the smaller battery.

So if you are going to order one of these, be careful with one you pick.

how can you tell? The LRs all have 374 mile range and I don’t think they’ve ever had larger batteries for the UK? Want to check the one I’m trying to match with is a 2022

edit: ah you literally have to click through to see what its called on the details page?

yes ring them up. I’m on the phone now - he pointed out they’re due February and is that ok (assume a few people have done the opposite and pushed to March for a 22 plate). I’m without a car now so I’ll take a Feb delivery

edit: He says there are 9-10 cars matching my spec on the internal system. He can’t match himself so needs to talk to another department. He’ll call back once thats done. I mean maybe he’ll run off into the sunset but maybe it’ll push through. I do have finance that needs moving across so its not that straightforward.

small corner of my mind is hoping ‘2022 model 3’ means the new spec - not just the battery but any other bits it includes like Ryzen. Doesn’t really matter but the Atom is a bit of a dog espeically if you’re using something like teslatv to watch iplayer
On the phone now. 20+ minute queue 😟

Last edited:
how can you tell? The LRs all have 374 mile range and I don’t think they’ve ever had larger batteries for the UK? Want to check the one I’m trying to match with is a 2022

edit: ah you literally have to click through to see what its called on the details page?
If it has 374 mile range then it has the bigger battery, and yes if you click through it will state 2021 or 2022.

You can also search through the page source to find the battery type.

FYI - Late Dec 21 LRs had the bigger battery

Reactions: Mrklaw
Success! Called them up (01628 450 660 opt. 4) and the chap said it has been assigned yesterday, and he could send me a text with it now, which I have now received. I asked him if there was any risk of it changing before collection day and he said it shouldn't because we're so close to the day now. But he did say there is a small chance that they can change, which is why they don't text them out in advance unless asked.

I'm going to go ahead and get the insurance though. In the unlikely event my reg changes, I'll call the insurance company and hopefully they'll let me switch it.
Success for me too and insurance sorted. Only thing left to do…..Collect

Mine went 15 minute queue…waited 5 minutes… 20 minute queue (eh?)…waited a while… 20 minut-oh the phone rings. Their queue system is random too
Got through, but just missed it. There were 2 RWD/PWM/18" but went like hot cakes. Good news is I can be re-assigned, just have to keep checking the inventory and get the call in. EDD on these were 12-15 February.

Thank you mystery service person on the phone yesterday.

Just got an update - I’ve now been switched to the LR AWD and have a pickup 11am on 11th Feb. Its at Brent Cross which isn’t ideal for me but I can make it work

Need to wait for the credit stuff to update before I can pay but hopefully I’ll get a reg number soon to get insurance sorted.

excited!

Thank you mystery service person on the phone yesterday.

Just got an update - I’ve now been switched to the LR AWD and have a pickup 11am on 11th Feb. Its at Brent Cross which isn’t ideal for me but I can make it work

Need to wait for the credit stuff to update before I can pay but hopefully I’ll get a reg number soon to get insurance sorted.

excited!
You will get your Tesla exactly an hour before I will, you rogue! 😄

Honestly, finding the waiting very very tough now... haha. I'm starting to worry what my mental state will be like by collection day. When I first placed my order the estimate was March... thank god that moved up to early Feb because I'm really not sure I would have made it to March without losing my mind!

anyone picked up from brent cross before? seems they’re in an overflow carpark. Wondering if its easier to head to the shopping centre and walk from there, or aim for brent cross tube and walk? couple of hours either way it seems.

- train all the way from windsor to waterloo (60 mins) then northern line to brent cross tube (30 mins) then walk (30 mins). Thats a lot of train and particularly tube which isn’t ideal
- train from slough to ealing broadway, then bus to shopping centre. Maybe slightly better but still a lot of public transport..

anyone picked up from brent cross before? seems they’re in an overflow carpark. Wondering if its easier to head to the shopping centre and walk from there, or aim for brent cross tube and walk? couple of hours either way it seems.

- train all the way from windsor to waterloo (60 mins) then northern line to brent cross tube (30 mins) then walk (30 mins). Thats a lot of train and particularly tube which isn’t ideal
- train from slough to ealing broadway, then bus to shopping centre. Maybe slightly better but still a lot of public transport..
You missed the third option of walking (no public transport contact whatsoever) approx 7-8 hrs.;)

I have similar story. Pick up is in Glasgow, and I am just outside Edinburgh.
So bus, train and then a walk to get to Tesla Glasgow, Kennedy Street.
Or I get a lift into Edinburgh with my wife in the morning, followed by train and a walk, but means I will be super early (might be better option and reduces risk)

I have similar story. Pick up is in Glasgow, and I am just outside Edinburgh.
So bus, train and then a walk to get to Tesla Glasgow, Kennedy Street.
Or I get a lift into Edinburgh with my wife in the morning, followed by train and a walk, but means I will be super early (might be better option and reduces risk)

My wife was just about ok to drop me off at thorpe park which is near her office anyway. A406 past hanger lane - not a chance :)

Reactions: nrushforth

Take train to Hendon Rail Station (10min walk to Brent Cross Tesla) or Hendon Tube station(5min walk to Brent Cross Tesla). Tesla Brent Cross (over flow parking) is a 1min walk from shopping centre

Take train to Hendon Rail Station (10min walk to Brent Cross Tesla) or Hendon Tube station(5min walk to Brent Cross Tesla). Tesla Brent Cross (over flow parking) is a 1min walk from shopping centre
Brent cross TESLA pick up is on overflow car park next the shopping centre. If you get off at Hendon Central Tub station it's more like 15 mins walk (not 5 unless you sprint). Otherwise you can get off at Brent Cross tub station which is slightly closer than Hendon Central. You could get w bus to the shopping centre so short walk to the Tesla pick up car park but much more easier to get a tube and walk. You could also get an uber from either station that will set you £5-6 probably. I would not bother with West Hendon - it's even further to walk.

I’ve just tried switching my order over from RWD to one of LR currently showing in transit on inventory. However they’ve advised my trade-in cannot be carried across and this process would need to be started over. The trade-in price now is considerably lower so it’s just not worth it unfortunately.