Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have a Model 3 RWD on order. The Estimated delivery date is currently saying August 10 - September 24 (been like this for a few months now). Would anyone know which ship this would be on? and also would it already of left Shanghai yet?
When did you order your car? A lot of us ordered in January through tesla and have still got Nov-Dec EDD despite originally being quoted May 2022. The next ship heading our way is Morning Chorus which may fit with your EDD. Feel free to join the M3 RWD thread.

Last edited:
Is my maths right here?

14000 MY a week
2000 a day.

I believe someone recently quoted a figure of 12 hours end to end production (though maybe less now post upgrade)

That suggests 1000 units at various stages of build on the line at any one moment? (Plus 500 M3!)

That truly is one biiiiiigg factory!
Plus 7,700 M3 a week…
Yep, it’s a big factory

Reactions: Rensteruk
When did you order your car? A lot of us ordered in January through tesla and have still got Nov-Dec EDD despite originally being quoted May 2022. The next ship heading our way is Morning Chorus which may fit with your EDD.
Hi Bodders, I ordered it last October but due to circumstances i had to put it on hold and finally took it off hold about February time. So this might be why mines earlier for. Spoke to tesla last week online and they said this date range looks promising. However still not got a VIN number yet 😞

So this is my first post... Maybe it'll help me understand when I might get my car .

So M3 Performance, white exterior, black interior...

Ordered 2nd April 2022... At the time it was saying delivery estimate Aug 2022..

My EDD changed to 15th June - 15th July.
That changed in mid may to September 2 to 2 October in early June

End of June it changed to 15 th August 16th September..

However in the past week it's now 7th August - 6th September..

Not sure if I should start getting excited given news the ship leaving or not..

So this is my first post... Maybe it'll help me understand when I might get my car .

So M3 Performance, white exterior, black interior...

Ordered 2nd April 2022... At the time it was saying delivery estimate Aug 2022..

My EDD changed to 15th June - 15th July.
That changed in mid may to September 2 to 2 October in early June

End of June it changed to 15 th August 16th September..

However in the past week it's now 7th August - 6th September..

Not sure if I should start getting excited given news the ship leaving or not..
My tingles are telling me that your car is on that boat. 😉

Hi, I have a Model 3 RWD on order. The Estimated delivery date is currently saying August 10 - September 24 (been like this for a few months now). Would anyone know which ship this would be on? and also would it already of left Shanghai yet?
This may help...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 14.48.14.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 14.48.14.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 85
Hi, Im new to this thread. I ordered my Tesla Model 3 LR, White interior, MSM colour with aero wheels on 31.05.22, and got my first EDD to be January - March 2023, after about 2 weeks it changed to 22.12.22 - 05.02.22, and after a week it changed back to January March 2023, and yesterday it finally changed to 17.08.22 - 16.09.22, so it looks like my first 4 week window, and now I am wondering if my car can already be in shipment or if it is going to be soon. I live in Norway.

• Disagree
Reactions: sonicc and beasty54
Hi, Im new to this thread. I ordered my Tesla Model 3 LR, White interior, MSM colour with aero wheels on 31.05.22, and got my first EDD to be January - March 2023, after about 2 weeks it changed to 22.12.22 - 05.02.22, and after a week it changed back to January March 2023, and yesterday it finally changed to 17.08.22 - 16.09.22, so it looks like my first 4 week window, and now I am wondering if my car can already be in shipment or if it is going to be soon. I live in Norway.
Good to hear that your EDD moved closer. I ordered back in February, white on white RWD and my EDD just moved to August -September too. So I guess there’s a white interior pattern here since I saw similar EDD movement in other forums too (I live in Finland).

With those said, this topic is for shipping movements and assigned VINs might be of interest but not EDDs (as far as I’ve seen).

Good to hear that your EDD moved closer. I ordered back in February, white on white RWD and my EDD just moved to August -September too. So I guess there’s a white interior pattern here since I saw similar EDD movement in other forums too (I live in Finland).

With those said, this topic is for shipping movements and assigned VINs might be of interest but not EDDs (as far as I’ve seen).
Just a quick question if u have gotten your VIN assigned yet?

• Disagree
Reactions: sonicc and beasty54
Sunday 17 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker

MORNING CHORUS is approaching the Straits of Taiwan. She's battling a strong southerly wind and waves of 2.5m which is affecting her forward speed. She's currently making about 14kts across the ground but that should increase tomorrow once she enters the South China Sea. There may be the odd MY onboard but for all intent and purposes this is a Model 3 shipment of around 4500 cars. ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is now alongside Shanghai South. We don't know her destination but I am going to assume it is Zeebrugge. She is a much larger vessel than Morning Chorus, wider and taller, and so has an extra 15% carrying capacity. I therefore expect she could be loading around 5200 cars.
Again I'm expecting this shipment to be primarily Model 3s.

Over in San Francisco GLOVIS CORONA is alongside Pier 80. Again, we don't know her destination but it is most likely going to be Taiwan.

Links of interest
Thank you Mr Miserable, for the detailed update. Hoping my model 3 is on Morning Chorus as got a EDD of August 10 to September 24. When do you normally get your VIN number?

As per Mr M - latest ship which has departed Shanghai is mainly M3.

Hopefully now we should start seeing a big ramp up in numbers for MY (some reports have confirmed this already)

Might be a bit early to check VIN’s but im hoping in the next few weeks we will start getting more movement on our EDD’s and Mr M’s updates

Reactions: Daedalus
This is zen auto, I had an order with them and asked if they had any and they told me they have 150 model Y’s left from their 300 car bulk order. So they gave me one of those instead of waiting for Tesla

It’s white, 19s, black.

They added it to my app Thursday, asked me to pay Friday and awaiting a call for delivery date.
First time post after monitoring this forum for the past couple of months!

I’m glad hear your experience with Zen Auto was this positive, I’ve had no real issues but definitely didn’t get the same treatment you did.

I ordered the same spec as you MY, white, 19s & black interior. Initially ordered in early May, was told June-July delivery. Not a custom order or anything just one of their bulk stock orders.

Then in early June was told July-August delivery.

Then in early July I contacted Zen Auto and asked them about the rumour of 300 Model Y’s being delivered to their Yorkshire yard to which they confirmed they had them but stated they’d all been allocated (clearly not the case based on your experience). I was then told I’d have delivery of August.

Spoke to them yesterday and the team that deals with existing orders weren’t working. Called this morning and was told that the team that deals with Teslas weren’t in today and that the question could be asked if I could be allocated one of the stock cars as opposed to waiting for a delivery direct from Tesla, but it would take a week to find out if this was possible.

All very frustrating, all confusing and there seems to be no comprehensible process Zen Auto use to get cars to customers 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Toblerone
You would think they would jump at the chance to do that. If they really do have unallocated Teslas, they would want to start generating revenue as quickly as possible.
Exactly, who exactly is it benefiting having a load of brand new cars sat about?

Surely it costs Zen Auto a fair bit to have them sat there, get them out to customers and let them start paying their monthly lease