Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty certain I saw around 10-15 M3 (22 Plated) at Trafford this weekend. I took walk around to remind myself what I am buying. The new location means you can't get close enough to where the new cars are allocated.
All the 22 plated M3's looked liked LR and P.

First time post after monitoring this forum for the past couple of months!

I’m glad hear your experience with Zen Auto was this positive, I’ve had no real issues but definitely didn’t get the same treatment you did.

I ordered the same spec as you MY, white, 19s & black interior. Initially ordered in early May, was told June-July delivery. Not a custom order or anything just one of their bulk stock orders.

Then in early June was told July-August delivery.

Then in early July I contacted Zen Auto and asked them about the rumour of 300 Model Y’s being delivered to their Yorkshire yard to which they confirmed they had them but stated they’d all been allocated (clearly not the case based on your experience). I was then told I’d have delivery of August.

Spoke to them yesterday and the team that deals with existing orders weren’t working. Called this morning and was told that the team that deals with Teslas weren’t in today and that the question could be asked if I could be allocated one of the stock cars as opposed to waiting for a delivery direct from Tesla, but it would take a week to find out if this was possible.

All very frustrating, all confusing and there seems to be no comprehensible process Zen Auto use to get cars to customers 🤷🏻‍♂️
I haven’t had the car yet, I need it by 30 June just awaiting a call, it’s sat outside in donnington park getting hot. It took them a week to tell me I could have one

Can I ask if anybody's MY order has recently moved from September/October delivery to November/January delivery?

I ordered direct with Tesla in April and had a EDD of September/October for the last month, but I transferred to my companies Octopus salary sacrifice scheme last week. I cant see the order in my Tesla account anymore which is normal... but I just gave Tesla webchat (Emma) the original RN and she said EDD is now November/January :eek:

I'm used to the EDD rollercoaster and wouldn't have been too worried if it had changed whilst it was still on the direct order, but I just really hope Octopus and Tesla haven't messed it up between them and I've gone to the back of the queue...

Exactly, who exactly is it benefiting having a load of brand new cars sat about?

Surely it costs Zen Auto a fair bit to have them sat there, get them out to customers and let them start paying their monthly lease
Given what some of the used dealers are asking for new Model Y, they may well just be looking to sell them for a £4K instant profit rather than lease them hoping to make a few quid over 3 years #callmecynical

I haven’t had the car yet, I need it by 30 June just awaiting a call, it’s sat outside in donnington park getting hot. It took them a week to tell me I could have one
Ah okay, I was told they’d tell me by the end of the week whether I could have one or not, we’ll see if I get the same treatment as you or not 🤞🏻

Crazy that they’re just sat there and not being allocated out to customers waiting without us having to call in and ask them first

Ah okay, I was told they’d tell me by the end of the week whether I could have one or not, we’ll see if I get the same treatment as you or not 🤞🏻

Crazy that they’re just sat there and not being allocated out to customers waiting without us having to call in and ask them first
They let slip is Aston Barclay who handle their deliveries for this so going to call them direct later today

Given what some of the used dealers are asking for new Model Y, they may well just be looking to sell them for a £4K instant profit rather than lease them hoping to make a few quid over 3 years #callmecynical
Tesla take a dim view of flipping cars and whilst they can't really do anything about individuals doing it in the UK, I could see them deprioritising future orders if a lease company started doing it.

I suspect they weren't expecting a large volume of cars to come in at the end of Q2 but were forced to take them from Tesla or lose the allocation and were caught a bit flat footed. But you would expect them to be working overtime and/or create some lease deals to get rid of them as quickly as possible.

Can I ask if anybody's MY order has recently moved from September/October delivery to November/January delivery?

I ordered direct with Tesla in April and had a EDD of September/October for the last month, but I transferred to my companies Octopus salary sacrifice scheme last week. I cant see the order in my Tesla account anymore which is normal... but I just gave Tesla webchat (Emma) the original RN and she said EDD is now November/January :eek:

I'm used to the EDD rollercoaster and wouldn't have been too worried if it had changed whilst it was still on the direct order, but I just really hope Octopus and Tesla haven't messed it up between them and I've gone to the back of the queue...
Not what you want to hear, but my mid-April order (MYLR/Blue/Black/20s) is holding at September-6 - October-21.

With a ship on the way (prob of M3s!) I even did an optimistic look for a VIN today. The heat must be getting to me 🥵

Not what you want to hear, but my mid-April order (MYLR/Blue/Black/20s) is holding at September-6 - October-21.

With a ship on the way (prob of M3s!) I even did an optimistic look for a VIN today. The heat must be getting to me 🥵
At least you know it won't be October ... aside from these bulk orders sitting in compounds, Tesla don't deliver to the UK in the first month of a quarter. Like you, I'm waiting on a MYLR (smaller wheels). Subject to some unforeseen events in China, I'm cautiously optimistic that come the end of September at the latest I'll be getting to grips with my new Tesla. Everything crossed!

Reactions: Toblerone
Latest update on my M3 RWD Blue/Black Aero caps ordered on the 25th January 2022. Fingers crossed my car is on the next shipment, hopefully on morning chorus which is due into the UK on the 15th August

1658147517403.png

I ordered direct with Tesla - my EDD has changed a few times but showing the same as you.

I did have Sept 19-30th but now changed to Nov 20th to Jan 4th.

I think it’ll probably change again a few times, but seems like our cars might be Q4 delivery.

Ignore EDDs, they're meaningless. Just tracking how many ships leave for the UK and check what order dates get VINs in the forums.
For those of us awaiting RWD M3s (some since last year) a Q3 delivery EDD discovery is important as it'll be the first example any of us have seen, as most are seeing Q4 EDDs at present. It's a glimmer of hope that there could be some RWD this quarter, whereas the last two quarters there has been zero for the UK.

Reactions: Bodders1612
For those of us awaiting RWD M3s (some since last year) a Q3 delivery EDD discovery is important as it'll be the first example any of us have seen, as most are seeing Q4 EDDs at present. It's a glimmer of hope that there could be some RWD this quarter, whereas the last two quarters there has been zero for the UK.
There will be deliveries of Model 3 to Uk this quarter. For information there WERE also deliveries for Q1 (lots of them) and Q2 (Mainly Model Y but also some Model 3).

Reactions: Toblerone