Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah okay, I was just confused by this wording from Direct Line which suggests you can't do that:

I might just shop around on collection day. I've compared some meerkats and things so I know roughly what it's going to set me back. On collection day I might call Tesla to get the reg, compare a few meerkats, try a couple of the insurers that aren't on price comparison sites, buy whichever is the cheapest online, print off my confirmation, head down to Tesla and collect the car. I expect that'll only take an hour or so to do.

Got collection day for Tuesday and reg plate informed insurance all good to go
got a quote to change car insurance last week was going to be £65 extra for change today £165 refund 😂 LV insurance guy said quote change daily
happy days for me saved over £200 quid

Don't want to start a PCP debate, but has anyone used another company for the PCP rather than Tesla?
My bank does the same 4.9% but has a final payment of £26.3k rather than Telsa's £22.6k so the monthlies would be about £60 per month cheaper with my bank. Quite a difference.

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you buy insurance without knowing the registration yet? Will they text us again with the reg before delivery?
You are normally given your reg a week before your scheduled delivery. Even so you will probably have to call your insurance company as the online quoting system won’t recognise the reg number as they are only registered with the DVLA on the day of collection.

Direct Line/Churchill will let you buy a policy using just the VIN, and you just let them know the reg once you know it.

• Helpful
Reactions: sc20
If you receive your reg but don’t collect it until 1st March, what happens?
If you don’t collect within the timeframe that Tesla allows, the vehicle will be offered to someone else. If Tesla allow you to delay into March then they would issue a new reg number - that wouldn’t be a big deal, they don’t actually register it with the DVLA until collection day anyway.

I was asked to pick a delivery slot today for my M3LR. I ordered in December and agreed my trade in valuation for my Audi Q5 later in December. The trade in price was great, much better than webuyanycar or Audi themselves. So I think I will proceed with a delivery on 15th Feb which keeps the trade in value within the 60 day window. Won't get that March 1st reg but there you go.

I have to say, not proceeding to deal with Audi dealerships and their dismissive approach to sales is good. When I went to discuss trade in on my Q5 for a new Audi EV they offered a poor trade price and stated it would be adjusted down for tyre wear, servicing and MOT status... with a car delivery of August 2022. Forget it guys...

I was asked to pick a delivery slot today for my M3LR. I ordered in December and agreed my trade in valuation for my Audi Q5 later in December. The trade in price was great, much better than webuyanycar or Audi themselves. So I think I will proceed with a delivery on 15th Feb which keeps the trade in value within the 60 day window. Won't get that March 1st reg but there you go.

I have to say, not proceeding to deal with Audi dealerships and their dismissive approach to sales is good. When I went to discuss trade in on my Q5 for a new Audi EV they offered a poor trade price and stated it would be adjusted down for tyre wear, servicing and MOT status... with a car delivery of August 2022. Forget it guys...
I know for the fact (anecdotal evidence) that vw accepting orders in Lithuania for any car (tiguans, passats, etc) with ETA 2023 :)))))

You are normally given your reg a week before your scheduled delivery. Even so you will probably have to call your insurance company as the online quoting system won’t recognise the reg number as they are only registered with the DVLA on the day of collection.

Direct Line/Churchill will let you buy a policy using just the VIN, and you just let them know the reg once you know it.
I wonder how would we insure our Model Ys if no UK insurer knows about them yet? Just hope they start recognising MY before I need the insurance!

Still don't have a text message to confirm a delivery date... I wonder if they still send them out over weekend or if the earliest chance I'll get it is Monday?

I'm in a slightly annoying position now in that I have a friend's wedding in Cornwall I need to go to on the 22nd of Feb. As my order estimate was March I've hired a rental car for a week (will have a few days holiday while I'm down there) for the trip. Now there's a chance I might actually have the Tesla in time which would be great and save me some money! I expect Sod's law is that my collection will be a couple of days after the 22nd, but it'd be nice to know for sure so I know whether I can cancel the rental car or not.

Fingers crossed I get the magic text soon!

Still don't have a text message to confirm a delivery date... I wonder if they still send them out over weekend or if the earliest chance I'll get it is Monday?

I'm in a slightly annoying position now in that I have a friend's wedding in Cornwall I need to go to on the 22nd of Feb. As my order estimate was March I've hired a rental car for a week (will have a few days holiday while I'm down there) for the trip. Now there's a chance I might actually have the Tesla in time which would be great and save me some money! I expect Sod's law is that my collection will be a couple of days after the 22nd, but it'd be nice to know for sure so I know whether I can cancel the rental car or not.

Fingers crossed I get the magic text soon!
if you have ordered M3 LR you have a chance as many people seem to delay their order since it is before March delivery ;)

Reactions: AutomaticMan
All because of waiting for the new reg? Does it really make that much difference to residuals these days? I'd be worried that if I miss this batch I could end up waiting months for my next opportunity. You might be halfway to the following reg change before you're driving it.
Yes. I don't think I will wait months for another. There must be more than one shipment per quarter to sell 35k M3s in a year. I've been tracking the available inventory since selling my previous car in September and there have been a few opportunities to buy a new, unregistered M3P. I can wait a little longer.

I also want to see evidence of Ryzen MCU, Li-ion batteries and acoustic rear windows before handing over the cash.