Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else concerned with the 40+bhp power reduction on the 2022 Model 3 RWD motor, 320 to 280 ish, on their, soon to be delivered, cars.

Tesla have changed to the "R" motor. For the Model 3 that shows as 208 kW, (8th VIN digit), taken from the VIN's allocated so far for 2022!

The Model Y "R" motor is 220kW, so I guess that is an outside possibility.

Anyone else concerned with the 40+bhp power reduction on the 2022 Model 3 RWD motor, 320 to 280 ish, on their, soon to be delivered, cars.

Tesla have changed to the "R" motor. For the Model 3 that shows as 208 kW, (8th VIN digit), taken from the VIN's allocated so far for 2022!

The Model Y "R" motor is 220kW, so I guess that is an outside possibility.

My model 3 RWD was just assigned a VIN today

LRW3F7FS2NC4*****

Seems my 8th digit is a S? What motor does this indicate? I "confirmed" with tesla via chat that this car comes with the Ryzen chip.

Seems my 8th digit is a S? What motor does this indicate?
M3-V20-VIN.jpg

[Edited] And this is a useful table (also from eivissa)
Motor Power.jpg

Last edited:
My model 3 RWD was just assigned a VIN today

LRW3F7FS2NC4*****

Seems my 8th digit is a S? What motor does this indicate? I "confirmed" with tesla via chat that this car comes with the Ryzen chip.
I believe the "S" is the 3D7 220 kW from the RWD model Y made in China for the Asian Market.

I would be happy with this as a compromise.

Off to check for a VIN in my source code! 👍

EDIT... Nothing yet😭

Last edited:
what model - LR?

Waiting to hear positive things about the RWD, wondering if that'll get the sweepings from the floor of the parts bin :)

I did my loan and acceptance yesterday - how long normally for the contract to be completed? I'm stuck on the deposit until my dealer's drivers recover from covid which is a pain though.
Sorry yes LR ordered January 5th

Hi all,
I've been lurking here for a while. I ordered a RWD in Blue back in October, but then put my order on hold until January. I got everything finalised last week and was told that I could expect delivery in February. There's no estimate listed in my account at all, is this normal?

Also, what's considered a healthy number of times to check your source code for a vin? I've been checking every couple of hours 😂

Hi all,
I've been lurking here for a while. I ordered a RWD in Blue back in October, but then put my order on hold until January. I got everything finalised last week and was told that I could expect delivery in February. There's no estimate listed in my account at all, is this normal?

Also, what's considered a healthy number of times to check your source code for a vin? I've been checking every couple of hours 😂
When I ordered mine it always said March, but I never moved the date, so may be somebody how put their Tesla on order would be able to confirm, would not do any harm to ask on the chat on the Tesla website, Davide is very helpful. I ordered a M3LR in Jan and now have the delivery date, but I believe RWD are on a later ship so March delivery for RWD I would guess.

Anyone else concerned with the 40+bhp power reduction on the 2022 Model 3 RWD motor, 320 to 280 ish, on their, soon to be delivered, cars
Anyone that ordered the RWD would have done so with the 0-60 time stated as 5.8 sec. and they will get a car the provides that performance.

The decrease in 0-60 time, compared to the SR+, is because, as you state, a change in motor.