Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can only think then that 5 miles is for Ryzen and another 7 for the LG battery. I've not seen a M3P advertised with 347.
It is 12 miles for the battery alone. You can do the maths on the WLTP range with a 79.1kWh LG battery vs. 82kWh Panasonic; (79.1/82*352=340).

I just grabbed this from the German forum, confirming 8Km range reduction for the MCU3 (Ryzen). More disappointing is that the cat. 3 DU is also missing with the Panasonic 3L. They are essentially still building and shipping 2021 spec cars.

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 14.12.21.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 73henny
Anyone with a M3 LR with Bristol collection got any update yet? I bet I’m not the only impatient one looking at their phone after every noise it makes praying for it to be from Tesla to book collection 😂 @AutomaticMan did you get a reply to your email to change to Southampton collection?
I did not 😂

Like I say, I expect when he said “even if I change the location to Southampton it’ll only make it a day or two quicker” he thought I’d say not to bother then. So he probably had a “good grief…” reaction when I replied to say yes please 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: MDowson954
It is 12 miles for the battery alone. You can do the maths on the WLTP range with a 79.1kWh LG battery vs. 82kWh Panasonic; (79.1/82*352=340).

I just grabbed this from the German forum, confirming 8Km range reduction for the MCU3 (Ryzen). More disappointing is that the cat. 3 DU is also missing with the Panasonic 3L. They are essentially still building and shipping 2021 spec cars.

View attachment 758363

So a 2022 car in March will have Ryzen but could either have Pana cells and older DU, or have LG cells and DU3?
Clear as mud.

Ordered my RWD 14th Nov (Blue, aero wheels, black interior) and it said February delivery. I had a web chat with Emma a couple of days ago, and she said it would be March (literally a one word reply, not the most helpful!). Personally I'm not overly concerned as I've already got a 2021 M3 SR+, and will get the 22 plate, but will be twitchy about the trade in prices staying as they are for another month...
Same spec as me. I ordered in October and the estimated delivery then was November. Still not heard anything. Spoke to Emma the other day and asked what could be holding it up as I see loads of people ordering late December and already have delivery dates, I don't even have a VIN and all she replied was "there could be many factors" and closed the chat. Their customer service is shocking

So assuming 6 weeks to get from China to the UK for delivery, I should definitely get a minimum of March even if I get matched to a VIN today. Hopefully, our VINs will get assigned soon and they have the Ryzen upgrade. The thing is though, given there is no range change for the RWD, either Tesla have figured out how to maintain the current range on RWD models with Ryzen, or none of the RWD variants have with the Ryzen MCU at this point. Really hoping the latter isn't true.

im starting to think no ryzen and they’re leading with the higher priced cars but let’s see. Only thing I really want is the bigger battery

logically I don’t care about ryzen. maybe on the model 3 they don’t even have the GPU so it won’t play the Witcher (not that I care). But there is a slim chance they start to roll out richer web features that really benefit from faster processor, and if I’m keeping it for 5 years that would be nice to at least know before the car just turns up.

I’m a tiny bit tempted to go for LR if it has ryzen and if it means getting it a month sooner as I have no car soon. But then the comments about maybe some LRs not coming with the better battery or motor so that’s all still a bit confusing too.

Same spec as me. I ordered in October and the estimated delivery then was November. Still not heard anything. Spoke to Emma the other day and asked what could be holding it up as I see loads of people ordering late December and already have delivery dates, I don't even have a VIN and all she replied was "there could be many factors" and closed the chat. Their customer service is shocking
It's just Emma to be honest who shocks me every time - I always question how she ended up at Tesla and especially on the front line dealing with current and potential customers. The worst part is that her answers are not specific to your order - she just goes with what the current estimate is on the configurator. It's bad luck you got her, but I would advise trying again and you should get much more helpful replies.

Model 3 Standard in White, black interior.

So assuming 6 weeks to get from China to the UK for delivery, I should definitely get a minimum of March even if I get matched to a VIN today. Hopefully, our VINs will get assigned soon and they have the Ryzen upgrade. The thing is though, given there is no range change for the RWD, either Tesla have figured out how to maintain the current range on RWD models with Ryzen, or none of the RWD variants have with the Ryzen MCU at this point. Really hoping the latter isn't true.
as posted earlier the intel vs Ryzen range is
1642783948368.png

so RWM is 491km which is 305miles - so exactly what Tesla have on their website for the RWD 305miles - so it looks like 305mile range is for Ryzen as they are advertising.

• Helpful
Reactions: milesr3
I got a Bristol text too! For all my "I want it as soon as humanly possible" stuff, when I checked my work calendar I'm actually slammed with meetings on the 10th 😆 So, oh well, selected Friday the 11th instead! All you Bristol collectors getting it the day before me can post pictures to the thread and make me jealous!😜

• Funny
Reactions: milesr3 and Snowy77
I got a Bristol text too! For all my "I want it as soon as humanly possible" stuff, when I checked my work calendar I'm actually slammed with meetings on the 10th 😆 So, oh well, selected Friday the 11th instead! All you Bristol collectors getting it the day before me can post pictures to the thread and make me jealous!😜
I’ll make sure I do ;)

Ordered my RWD on 25th Nov for approx Feb delivery and so far have heard nothing?

I know this is quite often the case from reading posts on here but as we are getting closer to Feb I thought I might have had some news by now especially as they are showing March delivery if you ordered one today.
I ordered my PWM/19" on 27/11 and am also waiting to hear. I expect ours will be on the next shipment, which will depart shanghai in the next few days. Once it has departed we will get the text 😀

So a 2022 car in March will have Ryzen but could either have Pana cells and older DU, or have LG cells and DU3?
Clear as mud.
The only thing about a 2022 car is that it has physically come off the production line in the calendar year 2022 and will have the letter N in the 10th character on the VIN indicating so. There is no model year Tesla - specs change on an almost monthly basis, and certainly every quarter.

Take the time to read all this (using Google translate) Model 3 P/LR 2019-2021 Leistungsvergleich

In summary, there were issues with the Panasonic but software updates have resolved/masked these, so that owners now report good performance down to 15% SoC but need >75% to achieve rated performance. The 2021 M3P with the Panasonic does have better peak performance than the 2019 with the (smaller) LG. On paper the LG has better numbers, e.g. higher voltage at lower SoC and less voltage drop (sag) under load which both equal more power.

Personally, if I'm going to pay for a 2022 M3P then I want the LG M50 battery and cat.3 rear motor out of the MYP. According to CANbus data this combination has ~8% more peak power than the 2021 M3P and the LG chemistry should provide more consistent performance. Whether this is offered is a different question. The performance is battery limited, so choice of battery is really important. I clicked 'Continue to Payment' in December when I saw the WLTP range drop to 340 miles.
I'm confused between "cat.3" and the "M50 Hairpin Wound DU variant" - are these different things? The latter can be determined by VIN digit 8 being 'L' which I've confirmed for mine.