Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be nice!! What is your order? Have you been waiting long? I see you are in Devon too. Are you collecting from Cribbs or have you been offered home delivery or chauffeur?
Ordered bog Std white/black/18's SR+ (now RWD) on 26th October 2021 at the "Old" price.

We live in North Devon.

Collection is now from somewhere near Portbury Docks I believe.

I have not got a delivery date yet, still just showing February in the app.

No mention yet of delivery or Chauffeur!

I did ask my SA about collection from Darts Farm, Exeter, but he said that would not be possible 😢

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Oh well, its only money.

IMG_5639.jpg

Ordered bog Std white/black/18's SR+ (now RWD) on 26th October 2021 at the "Old" price.

We live in North Devon.

Collection is now from somewhere near Portbury Docks I believe.

I have not got a delivery date yet, still just showing February in the app.

No mention yet of delivery or Chauffeur!

I did ask my SA about collection from Darts Farm, Exeter, but he said that would not be possible 😢
Great minds!!! I asked about collection from Darts too, but was told this is only for test drives and nothing more. Shame as I live 5 miles down the road :) You may hear before me then (if they pay any attention to order dates). Having said that there is a chap on here who has ordered the same as you on 27th December and already has his EDD 🤔

Seeing as the collections are imminent, anyone care to explain how you can find out which of the rumoured upgrades you have when you get the car? I guess,
  1. Ryzen processor - presumably there'll be a 'system' or 'about this Tesla' or something menu screen somewhere that tells you?
  2. Larger battery - how can you tell this? Is there a screen that tells you? What are you looking for on that screen?
  3. Lithium 12v battery - I guess just pop the 'frunk', take the plastic surround off and look at it?
  4. Laminated rear glass - how are you supposed to figure this out?

Seeing as the collections are imminent, anyone care to explain how you can find out which of the rumoured upgrades you have when you get the car? I guess,
  1. Ryzen processor - presumably there'll be a 'system' or 'about this Tesla' or something menu screen somewhere that tells you?
  2. Larger battery - how can you tell this? Is there a screen that tells you? What are you looking for on that screen?
  3. Lithium 12v battery - I guess just pop the 'frunk', take the plastic surround off and look at it?

1 - yes about or similar in settings
2 - range at 100% shoudl be same as current EPA - 272 with the 60kwh RWD. It doesn't use the WLTP for some reason. Or you can try taking a photo of the battery label from under the car. You'd need to pro rate that if you have less charge - so something like 2.72 miles per %. Tap the battery icon on the screen and it'll flip between % and range.
3 - yep
4 - open the rear doors - the windows will have two distinct layers. Compare with the fronts which have lamination as standard already

1 - yes about or similar in settings
2 - range at 100% shoudl be same as current EPA - 272 with the 60kwh RWD. It doesn't use the WLTP for some reason. Or you can try taking a photo of the battery label from under the car. You'd need to pro rate that if you have less charge - so something like 2.72 miles per %. Tap the battery icon on the screen and it'll flip between % and range.
3 - yep
4 - open the rear doors - the windows will have two distinct layers. Compare with the fronts which have lamination as standard already

Ohhh... I misunderstood! I thought it was supposed to be the rear window that was getting laminated, not the rear passenger windows. Ok, that makes sense then.

So I guess I need to find out the EPA range of the new battery for the LR then to check that, otherwise all fairly simple!

Ohhh... I misunderstood! I thought it was supposed to be the rear window that was getting laminated, not the rear passenger windows. Ok, that makes sense then.

So I guess I need to find out the EPA range of the new battery for the LR then to check that, otherwise all fairly simple!

358miles. Forgotten I'd changed spec!

tbh everyone should be on those anyway - the 60kwh was here just before Christmas I thought, likewise the larger LR battery. And the order page clearly shows 305 for the RWD and 374 for the LR

Reactions: AutomaticMan
Collection/Delivery Update: I've been trying to get Tesla to sort out a collection/chauffeur service and I wasn't getting anywhere. So instead they are going to delivery the car to me on a flatbed (free of charge) on Thursday 10th which was my collection day anyway. A little bit strange as I would had thought it would have been easier to collect me than deliver a car, but I can't complain. Saves my travel time.

Is there anything I need to be concerned about getting the car delivered to me? or is it generally the same process as collection. If i'm not happy they log it before I sign.
The driver delivering is a subcontractor of Tesla, company called AnyVAN. Just note down any issues during 1-2 days and report it to Tesla Delivery via an email or phone call. They are usually very efficient in dealing with teething delivery issues. If you are missing any parts like the USB Hub simply lodge a service request from the App and they will schedule as soon as they have the part available

Reactions: fantasmagorica
I spoke to someone as Tesla today and he confirmed I have all of these on the car I’ve ordered. I have a date range for delivery (3 March - 17 March) but no VIN.

I ordered a M3, SR+, white, 18” Aeros, EAP in October 2021, put it on hold and then released hold in early Jan.

Tesla guy I spoke with advised that my VIN has been assigned and I have all these things because it’s a 22 plate. Once reg has been assigned that’s when VIN will be traceable on order page.

spec?

All the fun starts tomorrow - hope (a) things go smoothly for everyone with no disasters, and (b) we all get Ryzens.

btw are the ryzen chips in the 3 supposed to be the same as the S including the GPU, or are we just expecting the CPU part?
M3 Performance Black/Black. Confirmed the car while have Ryzen, new battery and heated wipers.
Jumping in at the deep end.

Delighted to see that I can now expect delivery in Belfast at some date between 7th and 20th March. I have held back a day from my Annual Leave to travel up to Belfast using my new free bus pass to collect My new base Model 3
I ordered my RWD Model 3 in MS mid December via salary sacrifice, have had a call today from the guys on Boucher Road to advise that I’ve been assigned a VIN and should be here next week. Arrived on the ship into Southampton last week! Great to see things moving.

So, delivery of my LR is scheduled for tomorrow, just got a text from Anyvan confirming the delivery! I placed the order about a week before Xmas through my local Tesla sales office. It's a company car, and they dealt with all the paperwork using ALD as the lease company. Heard very little until a couple of weeks ago, when I got a text with the delivery date. Received VIN and registration number last week, so insurance is all arranged. I didn't specify delivery when I placed the order, so maybe delivery is something to do with it being leased rather than purchased outright. Anyway roll on tomorrow! I guess mine was on the ship that docked in Southampton on the 4th.
So we both going on report ;)