Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, delivery was very smooth today. The car turned up on schedule, the Anyvan driver was really polite and friendly and the whole process took no more than 10 mins. After a few hours, I'm really impressed. There are no signs of panel gaps or uneven shutlines, in fact the whole exterior and paintwork looks perfect. I will give it a thorough going over tomorrow but so far so good! And yes it has the Ryzen processor. Charged fine at a supercharger before the car appeared in the app. Once it did appear, it was all easy to setup and keyless entry etc. working fine.
Thanks for the update. Car looks great. Get mine tomorrow. Cant wait now!!

I haven't scoured this whole thread, so not entirely sure what the value of posting the VIN is for others, but it seems to be requested often, so:

VIN: LRW3F7EK4NC######
Ordered from South Coast inventory today (Feb 8th)
M3 LR, Midnight Silver, Black interior, Aero wheels, Standard Autopilot
Confirmed via chat that it has Ryzen and new type 16v battery (didn't ask about USBs, but gather there are no longer any with data in the console)
Expected pickup Feb 15-22

Very happy with the whole process so far. Booked a test drive for last Wednesday & was able to keep the car for over an hour as it was a quiet day. Very very simple process, just showed my driving license when I got there. No fuss, no bother. They even asked if my 21 year old daughter wanted to drive it too... Um, nope! Off we went, unsupervised, on the pre-planned route in the car (with a bit of a detour).

Ordered a LR in MSM with the alloys on Saturday, whole process took less than 10 minutes. Finance all approved & was waiting for allocation. I was already on the fence about the wheels. Saw the above car pop up in the inventory this afternoon, so got onto chat & they changed over my order within 5 minutes, along with a confirmation email. By the time I read the email the car was in my app with the expected date of next week!

All incredibly efficient and easy! Puts VW to shame with all their back & forth phone calls, emails & copying of documents for signature etc etc. I bought my ID.3 new from stock, it was already on site at the dealer a mile away from home. Still took over three weeks to get all the paperwork done before I got the car. I must say I much prefer the Tesla way of doing things, even if you don't get to haggle on the price. At least it's there in black & white and you know what you're getting.

I asked on the Web Chat today if they could give me some specs on my M3P (collection 15th Feb), doesn't look like it will include double laminated rear windows
Response from Davide
Latest 22 spec indeed. with Ryzen chip and all the latest bells and whistles :)
not sure about heated windshield wipers, unfortunately
the car will have the new processor and the new high-density low voltage battery
no double glazed rear window
I think we already can assume that laminated rear windows are out of spec for M3

Maybe we will never know. I'm passed chasing this now. It wastes so much time and creates so much frustration. There is nothing more I can do, so I'm going to do my best to sit back and relax (which is going to be very hard)!

I'm not sure most of the Tesla staff know either, they have form for making up stuff that sounds plausible when questioned.

I know some people call up and ask to be matched to an inventory vehicle, but at the moment I'm not in a hurry. I was almost exactly two months from order to delivery last time, with my allocation happening about a month after I ordered, so I'm expecting something in about a week for delivery at the end of March.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to my new car, it's just that as I'm already driving one I don't have any sense of urgency. I wasn't planning on changing, but the trade-in was so good that it's costing me nothing to change and my finance will be £30/month less so it felt like a no-brainer to get all of those little upgrades.

Reactions: jmhumphreys