Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@yessuz @dadthesaint which games are available with your cars? Do you have Sonic etc. installed or are they missing?
Sonic and any Data required Apps will not be installed by vehicle's "smart" firmware because vehicle recognises that the Data-enabled USB Hub is not present and Tesla has downgraded the Specification of all cars manufactured from 15 Nov forward as having the Charge-only port, there are no exceptions or shades of grey

Except the data port in the glove box? I’m kind of curious why they can’t fit themselves a small powered hub - less chippage required than data enabling the front console

They’ll need to address this if they plan to launch an App Store or more games - they switch to ryzen which might be required for some of those games/apps and simultaneously remove the ability to use a controller :)

D675442E-C62E-4740-ADC5-115D6E43BE5E.jpeg

There’s a lot of Teslas here folks.

Attachments

• 9A9A8087-BFB3-4A8D-A15E-45628690125F.jpeg
    9A9A8087-BFB3-4A8D-A15E-45628690125F.jpeg
    697.6 KB · Views: 41
Except the data port in the glove box? I’m kind of curious why they can’t fit themselves a small powered hub - less chippage required than data enabling the front console

They’ll need to address this if they plan to launch an App Store or more games - they switch to ryzen which might be required for some of those games/apps and simultaneously remove the ability to use a controller :)

The reason is quite clear, the port in the glovebox is for the Sentry system. If you connect the Sentry required storage unit via a hub to its exclusive port in the glove compartment and you risk Sentry not working. The Sentry system is very temperamental and already fails to always work 100% of the time with certain 3rd party hard disk configurations, then add a 3rd party power-hub to the equation and one of these days when your vehicle is parked (unmanned) and your it is involved in either receiving a scratch, fender-bender or substantial hit & run accident you shall return to your vehicle and find that Sentry failed to record. Additionally, if you were to risk the above which one shall regret down the road when such incidents occur you don't want to continuously open the tiny glove compartment to plug and unplug devices

Reactions: fantasmagorica
Same thing happened on my order. It cam off hold in January. Just as well as I would have forgot. 😊

Now on the train to Glasgow to go and collect my car. (First time on a train in almost 2 years!!!!!)

Will update on here with news later.
I’ll be picking mine up from Glasgow hopefully in a few weeks - I’m starting to feel like a kid at Christmas! 🙂

Hope it all goes well for you. I’ve been looking at delivery check guides and think this one is probably the best that I’ve found. The only thing that think he could have added was to check underneath the car for signs of damage.