Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? That is both odd and very interesting. How does adding friends which expands and increases risk reduce the premium? Do you know?
No idea I'm afraid, I was surprised when someone told me but it does seem to make a difference for me, maybe not in everyone's case but worth just trying it to see if you're getting a quote. Both are same age as me and we all have clean licences and no claims or convictions.

Ah crap.
RIP

1644864059054.png

Wonder if all my dreams and hopes just got dealt a mortal blow.

Now I wonder if it's why I don't have a VIN yet.... 😪

• Informative
Reactions: jmhumphreys
So, I got a response about speed limiters from tesla today.

I asked will my March car have a speed limiter fitted, and if not, would a software update enable one post July.

Tesla said that all Tesla’s will likely get an update for this feature, “but it can be turned off”. I know manufacturers are enabling turn off in the beginning while they slowly edge this tech into acceptance, but I plan to keep this car 5 years and if that functionality is going to creep in it’s a real turn off for me personally.

Before anyone says it no, I’m not a crazy speeder but I’ve been driving over 20 years and I want to avoid such systems for as long as possible.

Gone.
Did you happen to notice if it was a '21 or '22 car?

I didn’t notice unfortunately, could have been ‘21 as it was in Manchester. Most ‘22 inventory cars are in Southampton as far as I can tell from the listing history.

If you use Telegram, subscribe for this channel for push alerts from an unofficial inventory site. Tesla UK New Inventory

Edit: looks like it was 21 from the message history in that telegram channel.

Reactions: 73henny
Has anyone had a problem with there online account saying that the payment is still due but your finance company has sent the full amount for the car a few days ago?

I’m due to pick the car up on Wednesday from the Trafford Centre and slightly worried that it’s going to be a problem when I go to collect it.

I didn’t notice unfortunately, could have been ‘21 as it was in Manchester. Most ‘22 inventory cars are in Southampton as far as I can tell from the listing history.

If you use Telegram, subscribe for this channel for push alerts from an unofficial inventory site. Tesla UK New Inventory

Edit: looks like it was 21 from the message history in that telegram channel.
I managed to swap my car for a inventory one a few weeks ago and it’s a 2021 car but having spoke to Tesla over the phone they assured me it was a 2022 spec car with the newer chip and bigger battery so I wouldn’t let it stop you swapping if another one pops up.

Guys don’t laugh, but I guess you will 😂😂😂

So few minutes ago I was driving and my phone received text. Obviously still awaiting my text confirmation from Tesla about VIN and delivery date I had a quickly pulled over to check if it is from Tesla. First split second I got excited after seeing Tesla UK in body of message. But that excitement quickly disappeared and changed to sadness when I realised that it was message from DHL informing me about my parcel from Tesla UK (Tesla charger I ordered today) being delivered tomorrow. Don’t take me wrong, I’m happy on one side that Tesla charger is coming tomorrow and it is step closer to become EV owner. But disappointed on other side that it is not text confirming delivery date and VIN.

Now I’m laughing at it but at that time it was sad disappointment.

Guys don’t laugh, but I guess you will 😂😂😂

So few minutes ago I was driving and my phone received text. Obviously still awaiting my text confirmation from Tesla about VIN and delivery date I had a quickly pulled over to check if it is from Tesla. First split second I got excited after seeing Tesla UK in body of message. But that excitement quickly disappeared and changed to sadness when I realised that it was message from DHL informing me about my parcel from Tesla UK (Tesla charger I ordered today) being delivered tomorrow. Don’t take me wrong, I’m happy on one side that Tesla charger is coming tomorrow and it is step closer to become EV owner. But disappointed on other side that it is not text confirming delivery date and VIN.

Now I’m laughing at it but at that time it was sad disappointment.
Exactly the same reaction I had to realise that my console accessory trays are on the way 😂😂😂👍slowly building the car bit by bit

So, I got a response about speed limiters from tesla today.

I asked will my March car have a speed limiter fitted, and if not, would a software update enable one post July.

Tesla said that all Tesla’s will likely get an update for this feature, “but it can be turned off”. I know manufacturers are enabling turn off in the beginning while they slowly edge this tech into acceptance, but I plan to keep this car 5 years and if that functionality is going to creep in it’s a real turn off for me personally.

Before anyone says it no, I’m not a crazy speeder but I’ve been driving over 20 years and I want to avoid such systems for as long as possible.

You will be fine.

The legislation is for a system that provides some kind of feedback if you exceed the limit. It does not automatically limit the speed of the vehicle, in fact the legislation specifically says that the driver has to be able to override the system easily.

Tesla's existing ability to pulse the limit sign on the display and/or chime (or neither) already meets the requirements.

Some manufacturers have gone with options like resistance from the accelerator or reduction of engine power and those cases you just press the accelerator harder to bypass.

I managed to swap my car for a inventory one a few weeks ago and it’s a 2021 car but having spoke to Tesla over the phone they assured me it was a 2022 spec car with the newer chip and bigger battery so I wouldn’t let it stop you swapping if another one pops up.
Personally I wouldn't trust what they've said as 2022 cars have been made since November, so if it really is a 2021 car it won't have the new processor and probably not the bigger battery. I'd get it in writing or put the car details through one of the vin checkers for age, and also look at the option code string.

• Informative
Personally I wouldn't trust what they've said as 2022 cars have been made since November, so if it really is a 2021 car it won't have the new processor and probably not the bigger battery. I'd get it in writing or put the car details through one of the vin checkers for age, and also look at the option code string.
When I swapped it over the car was in transit so I would probably think it was made after November 2021. The Vin is a 2021 car but I’ve been told twice by 2 different people it’s a 2022 spec car.