Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you get your Reg so fast if your delivery is planned for 9th March? I thought we get Regs a week before delivery?
I went through the online chat and said that I was trying to get the insurance sorted ready for pick up. I asked if they had assigned a reg and they told me what it was. They just advised that it’s not registered until the day of pick up.

I ordered on the 15/1/22 and there was a VIN in the source code 7-days later.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
Morning all. I’ve been a lurker for a while (since I placed my order at the beginning of the month). Model 3 LR, black; ordered via leasing company. Leaseco hasn’t been great at keeping me updated. I’ve seen reference to speaking to Tesla chat for delivery updates but can’t find the link to live chat on their website. Apologies for the stupid question but can anyone point me to where I can speak to them?

Thanks!

Morning all. I’ve been a lurker for a while (since I placed my order at the beginning of the month). Model 3 LR, black; ordered via leasing company. Leaseco hasn’t been great at keeping me updated. I’ve seen reference to speaking to Tesla chat for delivery updates but can’t find the link to live chat on their website. Apologies for the stupid question but can anyone point me to where I can speak to them?

Thanks!
Just go here and look in the bottom left: Design Your Model 3 | Tesla it doesn't always appear as it's based on agent availability so try throughout the day.

When I ordered yesterday the estimated delivery was August. Now the website is saying May 30th to June 27th.
I don’t want the car until August so what options do I have to delay delivery?

When I ordered mine, I called them to put mine on hold because I wanted a March delivery instead of the estimated February delivery. They said that if I want it in March then they'll put it on hold until January 10th, at which point I should get included in the next round of matching and should get a car in the first half of March and that is exactly what has happened.

Basically, tell them the month that you want it delivered, they will mark that in your account and match accordingly.

Reactions: Freds Dad

Thanks!
It is on the model 3 order page, but there are some points to know

1. You won't see it if you are using your mobile phone, unless you tell your browser to use the desktop page
2. The icon for chat appears bottom left, but only sometimes. I guess when it is when they are not too busy, so you may have to keep refreshing the page

I suspect however, that they won't tell you much. I just get 'we are not authorized to speak to you' or words to that effect. I guess this makes some sense, as us leaders are not part of the contract

Basically, tell them the month that you want it delivered, they will mark that in your account and match accordingly.
Similarly my order was placed on-hold for one month when I declined the first car I was offered on 15 Jan, requesting a March delivery.

My order was taken off-hold on 7 Feb and I could see a VIN had been matched in html source. I received estimated delivery message 4-18 March the following day. I then received my delivery scheduling message on 16 Feb to book delivery on 12 March.

Thanks to everyone for pointing me to the right part of the website! Oddly I was told that my leasing company had specified delivery not before March. I was also told there were no suggestions my spec wouldn’t be available before the end of March and that my SMS confirming the car is on the way might be only for a few days before collection is scheduled. Does that sound right from everyone’s experiences on here?

(Not used to leasing and not used to such nerve-wracking delays for delivery!)

Hi Guys - question on Part-Exchange through Tesla :

If I go with part-exchange, when do I hand in the old car ? - is that something that will happen on the same date/time I pick up the new car ?

Thanks in advance.
Can I also ask how picky are they with a part exchange.
I will be getting a quote from Tesla but as the car will have covered more miles when I pick up how does it work?

Can I also ask how picky are they with a part exchange.
I will be getting a quote from Tesla but as the car will have covered more miles when I pick up how does it work?

Same as a regular dealer, you take your trade-in with you when you go and hand everything over to the Tesla people. They will do a quick inspection of the car - it's not very thorough, they only too about five minutes when I traded in.

There'a full T&C document in your account linked to the trade in, but basically your car must match the pictures you sent, have no more than 1,000 miles more than when they gave you the valuation and have at least 30 days MOT.

Thanks to everyone for pointing me to the right part of the website! Oddly I was told that my leasing company had specified delivery not before March. I was also told there were no suggestions my spec wouldn’t be available before the end of March and that my SMS confirming the car is on the way might be only for a few days before collection is scheduled. Does that sound right from everyone’s experiences on here?

(Not used to leasing and not used to such nerve-wracking delays for delivery!)
Welcome to the world of Tesla ordering and customer service. It is like no other! :p Contrary to what my avatar suggests, I feel like I have no hair left and have bitten my fingernails to the quick while waiting 😂

Follow-up reply - I had to scratch the Tesla chat itch! The infamous Davide confirms that I have 352 miles range and could see the BT42 (Panasonic 3L) option code. :(
I'm sure you wouldn't notice any difference with an extra 12kW output from the rear motor.

My 2020 M3P has the older 3D1 rear motor ("just" 202kW) and it certainly isn't slow.

On your earlier post you showed a graphic with the "Permissable variants and versions" of the battery / motor - this only showed the Q (220kw) motor in the 3 with 5L battery. If this is correct we could have ended up with a smaller battery and the same motor.