Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a call from Helen at Tesla Sales earlier, just to confirm that I am ready to collect my M3 on the 10th. 'YES' of course I'm ready! My original collection date was at 11am this morning but a week ago Tesla pushed that back a week (after I had paid in full!) due to delivery delays. Insurance on the M3 started today but no point in delaying that by a week as the premium only works out at £5/week and Churchill will probably charge me more than that to change it, so I'll leave it alone. Sigh... only another week to go :rolleyes:

yeah i was too slow.

I spoke to someone at Tesla by phone who added something to my notes about bumping a match & calling me for a refusal if something came up. I'm just silly busy at work at the moment, and get dragged off regularly to hard to stay pinned down :(

At this point honestly I'm half convinced the CS guys can put you on a 'annoying person keeps ringing can we get them a car sooner to shut them up' list. The way we've seen people ordering late get allocated sooner, then poeple contacting CS getting allocations occasionally soon after - feels like they have some buttons and levers they can fiddle with.

Fingers crossed they put you on that list becuase its a bit silly seeing inventory cars pop up with people still waiting for exactly that car

At this point honestly I'm half convinced the CS guys can put you on a 'annoying person keeps ringing can we get them a car sooner to shut them up' list. The way we've seen people ordering late get allocated sooner, then poeple contacting CS getting allocations occasionally soon after - feels like they have some buttons and levers they can fiddle with.

Fingers crossed they put you on that list becuase its a bit silly seeing inventory cars pop up with people still waiting for exactly that car
Fingers crossed!!! Lets hope I have 'annoyed' them enough to help me pick up something soon, and feel sorry for me... Rather than me annoy them so much that they just spat in my entree and accidentally on puropse ushered my order to November with a note to say "ANNOYING BA*****" lol

Nah in seriousness, it's all been polite and really pleasant conversations. They genuinely want to help. There is something that can be done matching wise for both shipping and inventory, and hope to hear something soon.

On alighter note, I have given up chocolate and sweets for LENT, which ties up with finishing at Easter Mid April. Perhaps my car for start of May will be my reward for sticking to it!

Ah, I'm on week 5 of waiting, day by day for something to change in my delivery day estimation, my daughter pestering me, asking "anything from Elon today?" all of the time. Now I must say I'm just as excited as she is, and it was a pain when last week our estimated date got changed from March 21-31st to May-June, but it is what it is. I've tried messaging the chat and got through to Craig who unfortunately couldn't say much more than, 'keep waiting, we will let you know when something changes'. Bummer. Just stuck constantly checking available inventory but it seems that the grey goes very fast, especially if a long range comes up. So in conclusion, like many of us on here, I'm stuck playing the waiting game, but its not the funnest game I've played.

My insurance premium is going to double. I'm older than average with low mileage (why buy electric?) and my renewal for BMW 520d was £197, but now I'm quoted £400+, even by Direct Line. I thought electric cars were roughly the same cost as ICE cars these days. Have others experienced the same?

Was getting depressed seeing all these latest comments as I have heard nothing from Tesla.

HOWEVER, I have just checked my order status with Zenith, and the EDD has changed from the end of May, to 17 March😁😁

Happy St Patrick's day everyone🍀☘️🍀
Tesla just said they have no idea where the leasing company got the 17th from, and that nothing has been assigned yet.

Looks like some Guinness is needed to drown the sorrows

Rear Wheel Drive / Red / 19-inches

Order placed on 4th February 2022 with March EDD before order.

After order, delivery went from March > March 21 - 31 > May 19 - June 16

Bluewater
for collection

Anybody else with a similar order or order date? I've checked this forum and Tesla order page every day since order 😃

Ps. how do I add a signature, I cannot see where to do this!
Had a similar story so called, they should as could/should be March, then managed to get Paige on chat who matched me up with the right spec car that I ordered. So keep trying! Maybe pick up is now next week, but a one point feared May/June.
Good luck!