Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my M3 RWD from Glasgow today.
Couple of small marks which were quickly attended to with no fuss.
Car wasn’t particularly clean, which isn’t end of the world.
Was at 99% state of charge on collection 😀
Well happy with that.
App & Premium Connectivity we’re activated within 5 mins.
Compared to other car it feels very quick, kids love it too.
Overall easy, as long as you know it’s not a traditional dealer handover.

The Steering Wheel Control Unit does effect anything other than Level-3 FSD which shall be release one day, not sure why you raise Autopilot (AP). It doesn't effect AP nor EAP nor Auto Steer nor sound system nor anything else...
Fair enough, I raised Autopilot simply to make the point that the car can control the steering wheel and since the item in question is the Steering Wheel Control Unit, logic says that if the car can control the steering wheel then it has a steering wheel control unit. However, to JOL1's point (and as you may have guessed), I didn't watch the video, had I have done then I would have understood the point that you were making. Based on JOL1's comment, I think it would have been better if they called the item that is missing the "Backup Steering Wheel Control Unit". Anyway, I'll watch the video.

Reactions: JOL1
Supposed to be getting my White M3P delivered tomorrow, had texts earlier today from Anyvan confirming this, so been an exciting day............but - just had call from Tesla 30mins ago (1700hrs) saying there is damage to one of the wheels and it needs replaced!! so delivery now could be Friday.
I enquired about the wheel and he says it was damaged so badly the car couldn't be driven.......fairly alarming that!!
Anyways - I'm worried it may be more than the wheel but not sure how I can tell. I did ask about any other damage, suspension etc but he says car is fine, other than the wheel.
Not really much of an apology, no mention of any compensation or a sweetener, says I can collect 120miles from my home on Thursday, and they will pay up to £100 for travel, but says the car might not be fully charged when I get there. Really sounded as if he couldn't care less.
Taken tomorrow off work already - and was supposed to be away this Friday for the weekend with the wife, enjoying my new car, so its scuppered both!!!!!

Pissed right off and seriously thinking of just cancelling it, said I'd let them know tomorrow.

Reactions: Temper Tantrum
Collected my RWD/MSM/Black/19"/EAP today. Arrived an hour earlier than our allocated time of 2pm at Portbury, Bristol. It was 100% SoC upon inspection, they said it arrived with 14% charge so took it to a Supercharger and put £17.44 on it to get it to 100%. Was advised to charge to 100% regularly and discharge it to as low as I can, around 20%, before charging back up to 100%. One interesting thing to note, the Tesla Advisor only asked us to sign for it after we had inspected the car, it was at that point once signed, I could access the car via the app. Noticed some people here have to sign straight away, I guess it's because we were the only customer collecting at the time.

Anyway photos...

Managed to get a lift in a Tesla S on the way there :D
View attachment 781271

Cabin is operational but looks like it had already experienced some storm damage!
View attachment 781274
View attachment 781276
View attachment 781277
View attachment 781278
View attachment 781279

A little bit of dirt inside from muddy boots, but apart from that okay. Some dried dirt remnants from the wash. Overall satisfied. However, found a couple of niggly issues. First is the panel alignment on one side is misaligned:
View attachment 781269

Second is condensation in the rear lights. It was a lot worse, approximately 4cm x 3cm surface area when inspecting but dried out to the below by the time we arrived home 30 minutes later.
View attachment 781270

I raised both issues with the Tesla Advisor. The panel alignment she said in a discouraging tone that this was normal because of the boot strut?! and other cars are like that (we had a peek at two others and she was right...), she said if I raised a request the Service Centre probably won't do anything about it. The condensation she said was because it had been sitting outside for a long time and would evaporate once we drove away.

Some advice please, do I raise a Service Centre request for the alignment? Going by people's experience on this it seems like I should. As for the condensation in the rear light, is that something I should just monitor over time? Also do you get a choice of a ranger or a Service Centre appointment, the former would be far more convenient. Also if a ranger were to come, are they able to carry out the repair if the car is parked on street? Or does it need to be on a driveway?
On our pick up from Portbuy last week the boot LH top alignment was the first thing I looked at. If it had been like yours I would definitely have complained, and it would have had to have been fixed. Ours was perfect, and so should yours be!

Supposed to be getting my White M3P delivered tomorrow, had texts earlier today from Anyvan confirming this, so been an exciting day............but - just had call from Tesla 30mins ago (1700hrs) saying there is damage to one of the wheels and it needs replaced!! so delivery now could be Friday.
I enquired about the wheel and he says it was damaged so badly the car couldn't be driven.......fairly alarming that!!
Anyways - I'm worried it may be more than the wheel but not sure how I can tell. I did ask about any other damage, suspension etc but he says car is fine, other than the wheel.
Not really much of an apology, no mention of any compensation or a sweetener, says I can collect 120miles from my home on Thursday, and they will pay up to £100 for travel, but says the car might not be fully charged when I get there. Really sounded as if he couldn't care less.
Taken tomorrow off work already - and was supposed to be away this Friday for the weekend with the wife, enjoying my new car, so its scuppered both!!!!!

Pissed right off and seriously thinking of just cancelling it, said I'd let them know tomorrow.
That's really sad news. Ask them to send you a photo of the damage.

Collected my RWD/MSM/Black/19"/EAP today. Arrived an hour earlier than our allocated time of 2pm at Portbury, Bristol. It was 100% SoC upon inspection, they said it arrived with 14% charge so took it to a Supercharger and put £17.44 on it to get it to 100%. Was advised to charge to 100% regularly and discharge it to as low as I can, around 20%, before charging back up to 100%. One interesting thing to note, the Tesla Advisor only asked us to sign for it after we had inspected the car, it was at that point once signed, I could access the car via the app. Noticed some people here have to sign straight away, I guess it's because we were the only customer collecting at the time.

Anyway photos...

Managed to get a lift in a Tesla S on the way there :D
View attachment 781271

Cabin is operational but looks like it had already experienced some storm damage!
View attachment 781274
View attachment 781276
View attachment 781277
View attachment 781278
View attachment 781279

A little bit of dirt inside from muddy boots, but apart from that okay. Some dried dirt remnants from the wash. Overall satisfied. However, found a couple of niggly issues. First is the panel alignment on one side is misaligned:
View attachment 781269

Second is condensation in the rear lights. It was a lot worse, approximately 4cm x 3cm surface area when inspecting but dried out to the below by the time we arrived home 30 minutes later.
View attachment 781270

I raised both issues with the Tesla Advisor. The panel alignment she said in a discouraging tone that this was normal because of the boot strut?! and other cars are like that (we had a peek at two others and she was right...), she said if I raised a request the Service Centre probably won't do anything about it. The condensation she said was because it had been sitting outside for a long time and would evaporate once we drove away.

Some advice please, do I raise a Service Centre request for the alignment? Going by people's experience on this it seems like I should. As for the condensation in the rear light, is that something I should just monitor over time? Also do you get a choice of a ranger or a Service Centre appointment, the former would be far more convenient. Also if a ranger were to come, are they able to carry out the repair if the car is parked on street? Or does it need to be on a driveway?
A Tesla engineer visited my home yesterday to fit my boot gap which wasn’t as bad as yours so that’s a lie on her part. Raise a service and they will fix it

Reactions: dilly28
Really? £4K goes with the prefix adjective of "Only". You must be a multi millionaire. For the Most of us £4,000 is a boat load of savings or hard salary
? You were talking about £10k before. We pay more tax in the UK. That’s not a surprise. We get more state support like healthcare etc. At least we have off peak electric rates and special EV rates. That’s not a thing in the US so you will make the money back pretty quick.

Sorry to hear that, that kinds of news can really take the joy out of something you've been looking forward to, especially with the trip lined up.

Don't let one employees poor customer service take any more joy out of it - pick up the car and have a great weekend (albeit rearranged one). The smile will probably return to your face once you're driving it. Hope everything goes well.

C818F373-74E8-4EB9-BBE0-FA0955F435E0.jpeg

Collection eve.
Amazing how many messages you get within the final 24hrs!

As a lease customer I am aware that it could be a little while before the Car appears in my app but what does that mean I won’t be able to do?

I won’t be able to use my phone as a key or obviously set pre-conditioning etc but will I also not be able to use Premium connectivity either and access things like the Spotify account?
You should be able to do everything you can do normally I would say. I have ordered via lease and expect to be able to do everything apart from purchase upgrades to the car via the app. As I understand the leasing you seem to get the premium connectivity included for the term f your lease as you would normally order this.

I know someone whose colleague ordered via lease and they can do everything apart from purchase upgrades.

Hi all,
How soon after Tesla confirmation of order text (RN number) do folks receive their estimated delivery window? My timeline below

Ordered 3 March (via Tusker)
Tesla text and RN 8 March

I've had nothing since the above so I'm going by the Tesla website estimate of Nov delivery. But I can see from some members that they are quoting specific estimated timeframes.

Appreciate any insights.
I ordered RWD 7th Feb , received RN On the 8th, nothing since.

You should be able to do everything you can do normally I would say. I have ordered via lease and expect to be able to do everything apart from purchase upgrades to the car via the app. As I understand the leasing you seem to get the premium connectivity included for the term f your lease as you would normally order this.

I know someone whose colleague ordered via lease and they can do everything apart from purchase upgrades.
I meant what can we not do in the day or so after delivery but before the app comes live.

Nice photo!! Bluewater!
Great that the charge points are right there. 18% is a shamefully low... Who am I kidding, like I'd care picking up such a beaut! How long did you charge for?
Charged for about 30 minutes 30kwh £12. App connected straightaway. Good drive home,tried cruise control but not autopilot. Can't connect to home WiFi or phone Bluetooth though.:(

Reactions: Snowy77