Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 781502
As Predicted. The Y hasn’t gone up in price yet. LR 3 & Y are same price now.

so it *has* gone up twice in two weeks? I posted previously it went from £49990 to £51990 - a £2k increase - a couple of weeks ago. Now another £3k? So its gone up £5k in the space of a couple of weeks?

I mean thats crazy and perhaps they want to demand manage due to lack of supply over the next few months. I suppose good news for those of us that have just received cars or have orders locked in.

My MSM LR with aeros is now £56090 and I paid £51090 a month ago. Bloody hell

Reactions: Aldo1
Ordered on the 23/1/22
Spec - M3 SR white paint / black interior / aero wheels
I hadn’t checked EDD in the app but noticed the other day it was 5th Jun - 04 Jul for bluewater collection (I suspect this was pushed back as i was initially told it would be in may when putting deposit down).

I haven’t filled out the finance info as I was told by the sales guy when buying not to worry about doing it until you get matched with a vehicle. I see some people have been told differently?

Has anyone been receiving the spec above early/late? Unsure of when I should be looking to sell my current car and get my home EV charger installed

Is the price increase purely to do with raw material costs, or is it being manipulated to drive people into buying the flock of demos in inventory or the performance models (I see their price is unchanged so presume they have excessive supply)?
Given the Nov'22 / 2023 delivery dates now on the webite, I assume it's basic supply&demand economics, ie they don't want to be losing profit by selling their cars below what the market is willing to pay.

Given the Nov'22 / 2023 delivery dates now on the webite, I assume it's basic supply&demand economics, ie they don't want to be losing profit by selling their cars below what the market is willing to pay.
When I ordered in Feb, the website said August delivery. I'm picking up today. (I know I'm extremely lucky compared to most on here). Again though, the long lead times shown before sale to tease people to buy from inventory?

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
Looks like the price has gone up for the second time in a week, another one since yesterday. The basic RWD model 3 with Aeros is now £45,990, that’s another increase of £2,000. So £3,000 more than it was a week ago.

I feel so lucky to have placed my order at just the right time, with the insane petrol prices and massive EV demand. I collect mine Friday, can’t friggin’ wait!
It was that price yesterday so I think it was yesterday it went up.

I wonder when the Performance price will go up.

Quick question around payment and collection.
I collect on the 29th and there is a final payment of £6k due which I will pay today. On the order page it says

Proof of wire transfer for your final payment.

Do they actually ask for this and if so what do you take to prove it?

Looks like the price has gone up for the second time in a week, another one since yesterday. The basic RWD model 3 with Aeros is now £45,990, that’s another increase of £2,000. So £3,000 more than it was a week ago.

I feel so lucky to have placed my order at just the right time, with the insane petrol prices and massive EV demand. I collect mine Friday, can’t friggin’ wait!
Only collected our RWD last week, now £5k more! 😳

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
All quite correct, my M3 / MSM / 19’s now £5k more than my order on 19/02. Glad I didn’t hesitate…
Yeah that's crazy, mine is still locked in at £49k I haven't even got the car and it's already gone up 5k in value.

I can honestly say that's the first time it's ever happened to me. That's got to help depreciation... or appreciation if prices remain fixed.

Lucky I ordered when I did as well. Unfortunately at these prices I'd have had a much harder time justifying with the Mrs especially with cost of living reaching a lifetime high.

Reactions: SG22 and DanielSon
Just received my RN, how do I speak to customer support via chat to see if they can match me to a car? I don't see the option on the site
There's a few places the chat appears. We're all trying to figure what controls its visibility.. consensus is that it appears when an agent is online / able to take a query.

Talking of which, it's on the inventory screen atm bottom right.

1647428738385.png

(as of 11:03)

Also talking of which... there's a TON of demo cars there! Crikey, they're really doing one aren't they.... !

Has anyone sorted out a private plate when collecting their car?

I plan to buy a private reg (1st time) but was wondering if I need to supply the plates when collecting or do I give the information to the team at telsa and they produce and fit them for when I collect?