Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome sir! Congrats and welcome to TMC! Now, lets see if that November ETA can be pulled back to the summer! ;-)

It's a long wait, but the community here has helped me no end to pass some time with the ol' bants.
Thanks snowy. I see yours was chosen by your 10 year old daughter. No joke mine was also picked by my 10 year old daughter 😂.

I had picked grey colour with black interior. However after I took my daughter for a test drive she was set on white, with white interior, so that's what I've ended up ordering!

Fingers crossed for the Summer, it'll be a long old wait either way, but eventually, eventually that day will come!

Thanks snowy. I see yours was chosen by your 10 year old daughter. No joke mine was also picked by my 10 year old daughter 😂.

I had picked grey colour with black interior. However after I took my daughter for a test drive she was set on white, with white interior, so that's what I've ended up ordering!

Fingers crossed for the Summer, it'll be a long old wait either way, but eventually, eventually that day will come!
Mine too, although she wanted triple black on the model Y. I think she’s more excited than I am about the car. She asks each day “when’s it coming?”. I haven’t the heart to tell her it’s been put back till June at least!!

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
@pault1981 & @Marcusg71

It's great isn't it when your youngsters are just as excited as you! The only hand in it I had was selecting the long range 3, everything else was all them!

The Mrs just rolls her eyes and stays out of it... Must admit the little'un has become the expert Tesla spotter on the roads, she snipes twice as many as I do with her eye :D When we went to Dartford I had my arm twisted in going back to the Tesla campus, she missed out on the test drive, so when one of the Tesla girls unlocked a car to 'play about' with, to my surprise, my daughter had taken THREE TIMES more photos on her phone than I did 🧐

Now that's what I call buy in!

(The Mrs still shakes her head at anything Tesla in this household). ahahahahhahahaa

PS: yep the car had to be white, as the name had to be Snowy 😄

Reactions: SaltyMod3
Mine too, although she wanted triple black on the model Y. I think she’s more excited than I am about the car. She asks each day “when’s it coming?”. I haven’t the heart to tell her it’s been put back till June at least!!
Aww poor thing.

I've just checked and my delivery date on the Tesla app has changed to June 20 -30th! That's a big change from November. Is it reliable?

Aww poor thing.

I've just checked and my delivery date on the Tesla app has changed to June 20 -30th! That's a big change from November. Is it reliable?
Ohhh yess! See I said lets see if we can pull it towards the summer 😃

Yep this sounds great news.

There's RUMOURS... dont' quote me... don't lynch me if if turns out false... but..... RCC AMERICA might pay Southampton a visit around 27th MAY... will this bring our beginning of July shipment in?

🤞

Because of the Shanghai hold up, we may get (in British bus style) a small group of boats in a short timeframe around beginning of June. If this is so, June 20th isn't out of scope.....

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

There's nothing new here, it's been like this for several years, but the battery heater only comes on if it's particularily cold, it doesn't get the battery up to a working temperature.

Why does anyone want to heat the battery but not the cabin? If you're not plugged in you're still depleting the range by heating the battery, and if you are plugged in you may as well heat the cabin too. Only thing I can think of is better regen from the start, but the above won't cure that as the battery will still be too cold.
Literally the only reason I wanted to heat the battery was better regen right from the start

Tesla suggest (if at home) keep car plugged in to the wall and precondition!

I remember watching some guy do this on youtube... I'll see if I can find it..

<-fast forwards time->

Ahhh here it is!

The guy simply turns on HVAC from mobile; about half an hour before going out (freezing conditions), and it auto switches to external power. He documents it really well tbh. Assumably teh warmer it is out, the less time conditioning takes up to a few minutes when 20c or over.

If I had a car I'd test for you guys lol 🎻

EDIT: Wonder if you can turn on just HVAC without cabin heaters, I got no way to test that either! :(
Thanks for sending snowy!!

• Love
Awesome, I was thinking the same thing with the white car! Let me know how easy they were to fit. Do they just plug in on top of the old ones, or do you have to remove the old ones first? My only reservation was if you had to remove. I tried removing an old Vauxhall badge once, and it left a permanent mark... yike. Made me nervous about trying to remove manufacturer permanent badges lol
May try and fit today so will send pics. I changed the badges on an old car and it wasn’t too bad to do. I’m hoping that because the car is new it shouldn’t be as ‘moulded on’ to the paintwork.

• Love
I guess the only argument to heat battery, not the cabin is that if the battery takes <>30 minutes to heat up properly to driving level, you can heat the cabin up in a matter of minutes when you get in or a few mins before you get in. Just energy conscience. Any extra energy consumed after 0430 you're paying full for as well, it might be several pennies but could add up if you're doing daily.

I'd love to try all this out :D
Very true!

Hello everyone. Sure this may have been covered but with so much information out there and different stories I wanted to hear from those on the know and those with experience. I order a teslsa M3 standard back end of Feb 2022 . Intial EST del August 2022. That move within a week to May 10th to June 30th. I wasn't expecting it until June with I had read. Now it has moved again to June 13th to June 30th. Does this sound hopefully. Or should I expect another push back. Or are those dates in line with the end of the quarter. Annoyingly I have a car I'm trading in with them and I think the quote expires out of may. Do they just update the trade in automatically or do I have to go through the process again and potentially slow up the order. Also no vin allocated - when do these normally appear before delivery? I've also tried the hack on YouTube to view page source info to see if VIN has been assigned (if this works) but nothing.

Thanks.
With regards to your trade in they'll just ask for the current mileage and will send you a revised price which should be good for another couple of months. With mine I'd done another couple of thousand miles and the price adjustment was around £300 less which I thought was reasonable.

Completely agree with everything you say. Question - has that line above the speed indicator got a name?!? The one that is black when you accelerate and green when it is regenerating…,
Great review. I’m a month in and i feel the same. I’ve been an EV man for 14 months, but this is next level. The remote accessibility via the app is far superior to anything on the market. I am too RWD, and the acceleration is just so smooth and fast.

Reactions: SaltyMod3
Can anyone confirm if the RHD Shanghai model Ys have the lithium 12v batteries or are they still fitting the lead acid 12v.

Apparently, the 12v lead batteries can go flat when we least expect it and with very inconvenient consequences.

The lithium are slightly more resilient. With either type, it seem like a good idea to give them a trickle charge from time to time.
The M3 and MY batteries are more accessible than the S ( that's not difficult) but still not as easy as an ICE car battery.
It should not be beyond the wit of the brilliant Tesla design team to provide an easily accessible 12 V charging point in the frunk.

Can anyone confirm if the RHD Shanghai model Ys have the lithium 12v batteries or are they still fitting the lead acid 12v.

Apparently, the 12v lead batteries can go flat when we least expect it and with very inconvenient consequences.

The lithium are slightly more resilient. With either type, it seem like a good idea to give them a trickle charge from time to time.
The M3 and MY batteries are more accessible than the S ( that's not difficult) but still not as easy as an ICE car battery.
It should not be beyond the wit of the brilliant Tesla design team to provide an easily accessible 12 V charging point in the frunk.
They do now, yes, and as an aside it causes a slight problem with the M3 RWD with the LFP battery if you don’t regularity charge to 100% although I suspect that’s just a software bug waiting to be fixed. No issues with the MY.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Hi guys, it’s been couple of weeks since I collected my M3 RWD. Thought I give you bit of update whilst you waiting for delivery of your Tesla.
1. Still learning how to drive efficiently as there are many variables. Obviously short journeys are not going to be as efficient as the battery will be cold (unless you pre-condition). I not done really long journey yet (max 30-40miles) so still want to see how far car will go on long journey. Efficiency so far 233Wh/mile after 822miles. However must admit that first couple of hundred miles were constant acceleration thrill so that wouldn’t help my efficiency LOL. I found that driving 56-60mph gives very nice Wh/mile but as soon as you go 70mph it start going up very high. So you can either go efficiently or fast.
2. I have been using sentry mode from beginning and it takes few percent of battery but then you get piece of mind if anything happens that you have proof/evidence. Last couple of days I have activated sentry mode at home because couple of neighbours warned me that white van was driving slowly past my house several times and couple of guys been staring at my M3. So just in case will leave it in for few days until I find some more permanent security option like CCTV.
3. If you have kids, get ready to hear “Daddy, can I go and play games in Tesla?” Especially during half term it’s nearly daily routine. I have tried to pair controller but USB-C in centre console are only charging enabled and therefore if you want data you have only 1 option in glovebox where usb stick is plugged for sentry mode and dashcam. So I got USB hub from Amazon with 4 ports for £7.99 and that allows me to plug usb stick for sentry mode and couple of controllers to play game in multiplayer mode (beach buggy 2). I bought PowerA wired controller for Xbox because I seen video on YouTube that it works and it is not that expensive. However that one doesn’t work for some reason, so currently using original Xbox one controller and gave my son PowerA controller to use on Xbox as it works there but not in Tesla. And last one is that I’m missing several arcade games, cuphead, sonic etc. spoke to Tesla advisor and was told that it is being pushed to my car over next 24hrs. That was week ago and nothing happened yet.
4. Currently sitting in Tesla Leeds waiting for service on Tesla due to small miss alignment of driver door. Touch less service is something new I never experienced before. Parked my car, locked it and went to sit inside the showroom whilst I’m waiting for car to be serviced. They don’t need my card key as somehow they can access car. Magic of Teslas LOL

Sorry for long post, but wanted to share my experience as many of you will find some of it useful.