Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think on a quiet news day re EDD's my post delivery paint correction journey created a little distraction to fill a void. I'll continue to follow everyones progress and I know you're going to have a bloody awesome time in your new Teslas (impossible not to). Going back to lurk mode for relevance purposes (and because I genuinely struggle to shut up about Teslas) but I'll defo be feeding off your excitement as it builds!

I think on a quiet news day re EDD's my post delivery paint correction journey created a little distraction to fill a void. I'll continue to follow everyones progress and I know you're going to have a bloody awesome time in your new Teslas (impossible not to). Going back to lurk mode for relevance purposes (and because I genuinely struggle to shut up about Teslas) but I'll defo be feeding off your excitement as it builds!
As someone lucky enough to have my car for 2 weeks ..I understand all you say .its infectious and it is palpable to detect your excitement and satisfaction with the job that Tesla did for you today. Sometimes in business the art is turning a negative into a positive and thats what they have done for you today.

I think you are right, in that my experience doesn’t seem consistent with some other buyers. I fear I have overstated the rejection part of this though. At no point did I actually say anything about rejection (it was just known by all parties that it was an option because I’d reported the issue within the required timescale). The background is that I had a June EDD and got lucky ringing up and getting a near match that Tesla agreed to honour for me at the original “pre rise”price on the condition that I collected it by end of day on 31 March (implying that it was important for end of quarter purposes).
I didnt really need to strategise because all the people I spoke with genuinely wanted to help😊. No idea on relevant geography for all here but Nottingham SC were exemplary from sales through to service, can’t fault them.
Understood and thank you for that; very reassuring😁.

Just saw some (probably unreliable) rumour on Twitter that the Shanghai factory could possibly open on Monday or early next week. Trying not to get my hopium levels too high but sounds like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel!

EDD for me remains the same and will keep a keen eye on this thread and the shipping one for potential movements.

This forum is invaluable for this! It’s a good place to learn and it sure is a place that fuels excitement for soon to be new owners! (Maybe tooo much excitement?… Nah can never get enough of that!).

I have definitely lived vicariously through many owners here, imagining myself going through all the experiences and journeys (both good and bad) you have all kindly posted on here. Now I know that if my car has swirls, I need not worry too much because as long as it’s logged, the Tesla team will do a fine job in fixing. I must admit that I do love the “Tesla fam” :)

Just saw some (probably unreliable) rumour on Twitter that the Shanghai factory could possibly open on Monday or early next week. Trying not to get my hopium levels too high but sounds like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel!

EDD for me remains the same and will keep a keen eye on this thread and the shipping one for potential movements.
Not that Tesla dealers know much but speaking with mine they were pretty confident with the updated EDDs and that the factory will be opening soon.

Reactions: t0ne and Raj2022

I like it. Unreliable Rumour! It’s like the EDD dates on our accounts at the moment. 😂

I believe these could be the unreliable rumours in question. I can't read Chinese so I cannot confirm the statement from SAIC

Google translate
“SAIC Motor Corporation Limited Issued by: Wang Xiaoqiu Shanghai Steam (2022) No. 17 Notice on Issuing SAIC Motor Corporation Limited Guidelines for Epidemic Prevention and Control for Resumption of Work and Production every unit: According to the relevant requirements of the city and the Group on epidemic prevention and control during the resumption of work and production, in order to do a good job in epidemic prevention management during the resumption of work and production, ensure the health and safety of all personnel in the factory area, and implement all-round prevention and control measures of "people, fields, and objects", the The guidelines for epidemic prevention and control of SAIC Group's resumption of work and production are formulated. The details are as follows: 1. Consolidate the main responsibilities The main party and government leaders of enterprises at all levels, as the first responsible person for enterprise epidemic prevention and control, lead the establishment of a special working group for resumption of work and production. At least one party and government leader must be on duty at the enterprise site, and the main party and government leaders who are not stationed in the factory should also be concerned about business status, passed daily”

Google translate
“SAIC Motor Corporation Limited Issued by: Wang Xiaoqiu Shanghai Steam (2022) No. 17 Notice on Issuing SAIC Motor Corporation Limited Guidelines for Epidemic Prevention and Control for Resumption of Work and Production every unit: According to the relevant requirements of the city and the Group on epidemic prevention and control during the resumption of work and production, in order to do a good job in epidemic prevention management during the resumption of work and production, ensure the health and safety of all personnel in the factory area, and implement all-round prevention and control measures of "people, fields, and objects", the The guidelines for epidemic prevention and control of SAIC Group's resumption of work and production are formulated. The details are as follows: 1. Consolidate the main responsibilities The main party and government leaders of enterprises at all levels, as the first responsible person for enterprise epidemic prevention and control, lead the establishment of a special working group for resumption of work and production. At least one party and government leader must be on duty at the enterprise site, and the main party and government leaders who are not stationed in the factory should also be concerned about business status, passed daily”
I think I understood it more in Chinese lol

I have a MYLRWhite on White on order and last month I changed my spec to include 20” wheels. Post the change there was no mention of EDD but this morning I got an email and text from Tesla to complete registration details and now the EDD is showing 19 to 30 June. I wonder if Shanghai is going to start soon or Giga Berlin is going to add RHD cars.

Reactions: Nicki Minaj