Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be illegal for Tesla to sell a damaged vehicle without advising the buyer. Look on your order or invoice, if you see a nominal discount of a few hundred pounds it will be a goodwill discount for having sold you brand vehicle that has sat in the showroom for a few weeks otherwise is brand new and will still have 10-30 delivery miles. If it has no discount at all then it is a brand new vehicle which was allocated to someone who either cancelled or who's fine did not go through hence cancelled and reallocated automatically to someone else. To place your own mind at rest, you can ask customer service the physical location of the vehicle today, then use google to find the phone number for that specific location, for example Tesla Heathrow, then call them or central customer service, provide the VIN/RN number and state you wish to know (1) the date the vehicle landed in UK/Southhampton (public information which they will gladly provide) and only then (2) why has this vehicle sat for so long and was not already delivered to a customer 10-days after it landed in the UK. They will look on the history of the vehicle and tell you exactly why and the history of the vehicle prior to being assigned to you
It’s not illegal, car dealers do it all the time, you’d be surprised what they repair on new cars from transport

Reactions: MrT3

Drone footage from April 18 of Tesla Factory

Article says

"It is reported that Tesla's Shanghai factory will resume production on April 18. On the same day, the reporter came to visit the Tesla factory. It can be seen through the drone that employees with luggage have reported in the factory. At the same time, several employees are moving the frame of Tesla Model 3. A small number of vehicles are traveling in the factory area, and the factory area is full of special goods waiting for delivery. Sla vehicle. On the road around the factory, the reporter also found a Floo bus with the Tesla logo in motion."

Article says

"It is reported that Tesla's Shanghai factory will resume production on April 18. On the same day, the reporter came to visit the Tesla factory. It can be seen through the drone that employees with luggage have reported in the factory. At the same time, several employees are moving the frame of Tesla Model 3. A small number of vehicles are traveling in the factory area, and the factory area is full of special goods waiting for delivery. Sla vehicle. On the road around the factory, the reporter also found a Floo bus with the Tesla logo in motion."
By 'special goods waiting for delivery' meaning cars that are ready to be shipped out?

Article says

Tesla Shanghai Team: Welcome back and thank you for moving in.
You have gained a reputation for well assembled cars. So now, don't rush; take particular care over RHD MY LR/ Red with white cars.
Thank you 😊

Reactions: Moorman and Snowy77
E91CDE95-92FB-4B94-A8F6-9A544BE30BD8.jpeg

Email this morning, The first update I’ve had from the lease company since ordering on 17/3. All estimates when speaking with Tesla they keep advising May/June so hoping this is a positive sign!

Reactions: delta0
I expected some confusing times with delivery dates but this is my week so far. Monday April 11th, paid deposit on an M3 RWD white aero wheels, basic model with website delivery estimate of February 2023. I thought, what with inflation etc I had better get my order in and fix the price..Downloaded app and estimated delivery was, as expected, February. On to Tuesday. The app reported an estimated delivery date of June 13th to June 30th. This was a shock.. a very nice shock but meant I had to start considering part exchange and so on, the payment method I chose was bank transfer. So first had to admit to my better half what I had gone and done a LOT earlier than planned !! I think I got away with it, but with the warning I was only allowed to mention Tesla ONCE a.day. Whether this allowance was transferrable to the next day or if it expired at midnight I didnt find out.. anyway… Yesterday, Sunday 17 April, while showing the estimated delivery date to a friend it magically changed right in front of me.. back to February.. Can anyone make any sense of this for me ? I can‘t see how it can suddenly just add another eight months. Is that not very extreme ..??
The same thing has happened to mine. Ordered around the same time you did. Had November as the original delivery date. It then moved to 20th to June 30th and now it is back to November.

I think we'd be better off not checking at all and just waiting for a text, but that is easier said than done 😁.

When they will arrive is anyone's guess to be honest, but I'm optimistic we'll still get them ahead of the original estimate personally.

Last edited:
So from August 2022 to May 10th to June 7th, then June 13th to June 30th. I knew when I ordered middle of march it wouldn't be quick.

Today I noticed it gone back again and now just says August 2022.

Guess many are in the same boat (unlike my Tesla) guessing the lack of dates listed just shows that they are not confident in getting any shipments to fill the last quarter of Q2.

So from August 2022 to May 10th to June 7th, then June 13th to June 30th. I knew when I ordered middle of march it wouldn't be quick.

Today I noticed it gone back again and now just says August 2022.

Guess many are in the same boat (unlike my Tesla) guessing the lack of dates listed just shows that they are not confident in getting any shipments to fill the last quarter of Q2.
It seems M3 dates are moving back more than MY orders.