Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All set for collection tomorrow. Got my insurance sorted finally. Tesco, who I'm with for my Kona, don't cover Tesla. Gone with Flow, about 550 for the year which I didn't think was too bad considering some quotes were coming back as 2k plus!

Exciting 24hrs ahead! Semi final tonight and tesla tomorrow. Let's hope both go smoothly 👍😂
Congrats, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous! Hope all goes well for you tonight and tomorrow 😉

I've not had a text or email and my EDD is still saying June 30th to August 27th, boo! Hopefully we see a ship leave in the next couple of weeks 😊

My delivery date has changed in the last hour from 21 May - 18 June to Estimated Delivery: June 09 - June 30.

Therefore the delivery window has been reduced from 28 days to 21 days. Not sure if that means anything.

Last edited:
My delivery date has changed in the last hour from 21 May - 18 June to Estimated Delivery: June 09 - June 30.

Therefore the delivery window has been reduced from 28 days to 21 days. Not sure if that means anything.
I don't think it does, mine changed to 14th to 30th June on Thursday. Thought great if its a 2 week window it must be a more accurate estimate. Then on Sunday it changed back to 30th July to August 27th. They like to tease us!

Reactions: Darreno
That was always one heck of an optimistic estimate :D Mine says May 27 and I believe not one word of it 😆

By next week we should have identified a possible Southampton bound carrier if we're hitting start of June EDD. I think any May date now is not going to happen. Just have to be realistic, however, once a boat has UK stamped on it, we'll know where we're at FINALLY!

Ordered M3 Performance on March 30th.

Initial delivery estimate was August, then week later got a text and it changed to May 30th - June 27th
then online/mobile app later changed to June 14th - June 30th, then last week changed back to August

Then few days ago, changed back to June 14th - June 30th!

Btw, if not realised, Tesla use a simple system for allocation - the more expensive your order, the sooner you will get your car.
The fastest delivered car, above anyone else would be a M3 Performance, with white interior, Red paint and FSD.

The longest delivery time is the cheapest possible model - an M3 Standard RWD, in white, black interior, with 18" wheels.....they currently have an estimated date of May...2023!

Reactions: Toblerone
Ordered M3 Performance on March 30th.

Initial delivery estimate was August, then week later got a text and it changed to May 30th - June 27th
then online/mobile app later changed to June 14th - June 30th, then last week changed back to August

Then few days ago, changed back to June 14th - June 30th!

Btw, if not realised, Tesla use a simple system for allocation - the more expensive your order, the sooner you will get your car.
The fastest delivered car, above anyone else would be a M3 Performance, with white interior, Red paint and FSD.

The longest delivery time is the cheapest possible model - an M3 Standard RWD, in white, black interior, with 18" wheels.....they currently have an estimated date of May...2023!
not sure about that , some people who ordered RWD versions still have a June EDD and in my case (LR) the EDD has totally disappeared.

I'm not entirely sure though. My logic is this:

If you order a cheaper / popular car configuration, i.e. like mine, white model 3 black interior.. The chances are that a 1000 other people have the same order. Your place in the queue will be pretty low down the chain if your organic EDD is Feb 2023. The other side of the coin is if you have a more expensive performance on order, with white interior and red paint, the chances are you're one of a very choice select few that can spare the expense.

Tesla will bang out a variety of cars and specificatons, so instead of 1000 people in front of your red performance / white interior, the bettable chances are that Tesla know 7 RHD cars with this spec will be banged out of the factory and therefore, because you're one of 4 people that have ordered this, you're going to be way up there in the queue. For me, (example sake) Tesla need to deliver 1000 white LRs with black interior.. I'm gonna have to wait.

I don't think Tesla prioritize. There's a coinsidence for sure, but, it's the date ordered and configuration that decides how high in the queue you are simply due to fewer customers waiting for an all out premium model in specific configurations.

That said, Tesla inventory is the place to go shortly after a boat arrives. Any orphaned cars that can't be quickly allocated to a similar spec buyer end up in the free for all. Folks here have gold ticketed to the front of the queue and collected the same week snatching something on inventory that they're happy with.

With Tesla, who knows what's around the corner! Tesla called me shortly after I ordered back in NOV offering me an orphaned model 3 white Long range, after my initial EDD was March. It was too soon, I declined, and I lifted my matching block fractionally too late for the end Q1 deliveries in March. It's why I now appear to be right at the front of the Q2 shipments. This is Tesla honouring my organic delivery date of originally March, but based on ME screwing things up by applying a match hold (lol?).

Sorry waffle post. Too much Nespresso, my brain is spewing words, and my ability to type pales in comparison 😁😆

not sure about that , some people who ordered RWD versions still have a June EDD and in my case (LR) the EDD has totally disappeared.
I actually emailed Tesla about it and these were their exact words:

"Thank you for your email ,

We appear to have some ETAs which have dropped off customers accounts, these should be back on there shortly, we are waiting on a confirmation of expected timeframes going forward,
As soon as we have an update on this you will be able to see the estimate on your online account again,
Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.
kind regards"

I'm not entirely sure though. My logic is this:

If you order a cheaper / popular car configuration, i.e. like mine, white model 3 black interior.. The chances are that a 1000 other people have the same order. Your place in the queue will be pretty low down the chain if your organic EDD is Feb 2023. The other side of the coin is if you have a more expensive performance on order, with white interior and red paint, the chances are you're one of a very choice select few that can spare the expense.

Tesla will bang out a variety of cars and specificatons, so instead of 1000 people in front of your red performance / white interior, the bettable chances are that Tesla know 7 RHD cars with this spec will be banged out of the factory and therefore, because you're one of 4 people that have ordered this, you're going to be way up there in the queue. For me, (example sake) Tesla need to deliver 1000 white LRs with black interior.. I'm gonna have to wait.

I don't think Tesla prioritize. There's a coinsidence for sure, but, it's the date ordered and configuration that decides how high in the queue you are simply due to fewer customers waiting for an all out premium model in specific configurations.

That said, Tesla inventory is the place to go shortly after a boat arrives. Any orphaned cars that can't be quickly allocated to a similar spec buyer end up in the free for all. Folks here have gold ticketed to the front of the queue and collected the same week snatching something on inventory that they're happy with.

With Tesla, who knows what's around the corner! Tesla called me shortly after I ordered back in NOV offering me an orphaned model 3 white Long range, after my initial EDD was March. It was too soon, I declined, and I lifted my matching block fractionally too late for the end Q1 deliveries in March. It's why I now appear to be right at the front of the Q2 shipments. This is Tesla honouring my organic delivery date of originally March, but based on ME screwing things up by applying a match hold (lol?).

Sorry waffle post. Too much Nespresso, my brain is spewing words, and my ability to type pales in comparison 😁😆

In regards to the orphaned cars, can you still pick those up if you are doing a Tesla loan etc? The reason I ask is that the inventory section of the website only seems to let you pay in cash.

I actually emailed Tesla about it and these were their exact words:

"Thank you for your email ,

We appear to have some ETAs which have dropped off customers accounts, these should be back on there shortly, we are waiting on a confirmation of expected timeframes going forward,
As soon as we have an update on this you will be able to see the estimate on your online account again,
Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.
kind regards"
Who did you reach out to? DeliveryGB or your local tesla shop?

There will be some anomalies due to supply issues causing delays in production of specific vehicles vs allocation, but without those uncontrollable influences then priority looks to be entirely based on the value of your order. This is born out in the initial estimated date on the website when you order, you can literally just move your date around by adding or removing options of the same value.

Want it sooner? - choose white interior (£1000), or upgrade the paint (£1000) - estimated date will move based on the cost of an option.
Select a RWD base model though and the date starts off a year away and even adding as many options as you can - it doesn't get a date anywhere near close to the performance model.....as the base price on that is so much more.

I believe software only options like FSD now have far less influence on the date than they used to be, as Tesla were recently pulled up on that in the media.

Reactions: Toblerone