Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, yeah I’ve got a feeling I’m gonna have to be trying this, assuming the price difference issue doesn’t crop up.
My current lease ends end of Jun and when I ordered they quoted 3 months so should have worked out perfect (still might I guess).

I had no idea there was this whole world of ships and moving delivery dates until stumbling across the site after ordering!!

All my other leases have arrived when quoted, my misses will go mental if I leave her without a car 😂
Just tell her something like "Don't worry honey, MrMiserable says it's on VIKING ADVENTURE RoRos docking leaving SHG with an EDD of June 30th."

I'm sure that will calm her right down 😅

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77
Ah ok I meant a telematics black box device rather than a tracker. My cheapest insurance quote is from Hastings "you drive" and they want to fit a telematics box. The next cheapest quote is a lot higher but I'm not sure I want that thing fitted. Would they just accept the inbuilt telematics or still want their thing fitted?

Has anyone else had a telematics box fitted to their Tesla?
In my last car for the last 3 years I used “By Miles” for my insurance. They use a black box and it’s as simple as plugging it in under the steering wheel and is no larger than a usb stick.

Their pricing is per mile, so they track miles driven - I never had any nonsense with them and it worked out really cheap for me as I don’t do any more than 3k miles per year.

It’s not for everyone though, if you do high mileage it’s probably not worth it.

I was charged 3.4p per mile in my previous car ( merc e250), with a annual fee of just £110. The per miles part is taken monthly.

I will be using them again when I get my Tesla as it works out a lot cheaper for me for the miles I do

Picked up this morning from the Trafford Centre! First thing, they have changed the location, its not in Regent Crescent anymore. That's where the taxi dropped me and I had a nice walk over to the total opposite side of the TC near John Lewis!

Car is brilliant. I'm so glad I went for the white interior.

Couple of really small imperfections on the paintwork. I'm being picky, but nothing compared to some of the horror stories I've read of the swirls. I'll report them in the app.

Charge was at around 85%.

Need to sit and spend some time getting used to the screen. You can watch all the YouTube vids you want but it still blows your mind to start!

Good luck to all with you delivery journey. Its worth the wait.

Attachments

• 20220427_111113.jpg
    20220427_111113.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220427_105901.jpg
    20220427_105901.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220427_111219.jpg
    20220427_111219.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220427_111244.jpg
    20220427_111244.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220427_111314.jpg
    20220427_111314.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220427_105559.jpg
    20220427_105559.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Picked up this morning from the Trafford Centre! First thing, they have changed the location, its not in Regent Crescent anymore. That's where the taxi dropped me and I had a nice walk over to the total opposite side of the TV near John Lewis!

Couple of really small imperfections on the paintwork. I'm being picky, but nothing compared to some of the horror stories I've read of the swirls. I'll report them in the app.

Need to sit and spend some time getting used to the screen. You can watch all the YouTube vids you want but it still blows your mind to start!

Congratulations it looks great, I’m waiting on a blue one and glad I chose that now as colour looks fab in the light, wanted white interior but just couldn’t do it as my boys play rugby and get in a right state

In my last car for the last 3 years I used “By Miles” for my insurance. They use a black box and it’s as simple as plugging it in under the steering wheel and is no larger than a usb stick.

Their pricing is per mile, so they track miles driven - I never had any nonsense with them and it worked out really cheap for me as I don’t do any more than 3k miles per year.

It’s not for everyone though, if you do high mileage it’s probably not worth it.

I was charged 3.4p per mile in my previous car ( merc e250), with a annual fee of just £110. The per miles part is taken monthly.

I will be using them again when I get my Tesla as it works out a lot cheaper for me for the miles I do

Here’s a link if you want an online quote

Apologies for the blanket message but I know some of you are waiting for a car through Zen. They currently have a bunch of cars they can lease you short term, open ended contract, no maximum mileage until your Tesla arrives. Might be of use if, like me, your current lease is about to go back.

Picked up this morning from the Trafford Centre! First thing, they have changed the location, its not in Regent Crescent anymore. That's where the taxi dropped me and I had a nice walk over to the total opposite side of the TC near John Lewis!

Looks good! I was going for Blue, but got impatient and took a Grey (Midnight Silver) one - which looks great (just cleaned it - again!) I still struggle a bit with the tech but getting there. (Still, a bit miffed that we scored 4 against Real Madrid and ended up with a 1 goal lead 😎 ( did live up north years ago - its the weather that keeps us here))

A thread to capture general 2022 ordering waiting room and delivery discussions.

Looks good! I was going for Blue, but got impatient and took a Grey (Midnight Silver) one - which looks great (just cleaned it - again!) I still struggle a bit with the tech but getting there. (Still, a bit miffed that we scored 4 against Real Madrid and ended up with a 1 goal lead 😎 ( did live up north years ago - its the weather that keeps us here))
I saw us get beat on a Tuesday night away at Lincoln in 1998. I'll never complain about beating Real Madrid by 1 goal in a CL semi! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: DIY-Trev

Estimated Delivery: May 26 - June 09​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Just updated. Ordered 3/2/2022. White M3 rwd black upholstery

You got a VIN yet? I believe when the date becomes a 2 week window the vin is near to being assigned.

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders
Should show up here or in the source code of the detail page.

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks as my dates have been brought forward out of the blue to last week in May to 1st week in June, after been pushed back to November, Which gives us a 6 week window for a boat to be
loaded and arrive in Southampton.

Quite a few people are getting texts to say to expect a June .

All the evidence suggests a possible delivery in early June. so let’s see what happens with MR M ref shipments in the near future

I'm not entirely sure though. My logic is this:

If you order a cheaper / popular car configuration, i.e. like mine, white model 3 black interior.. The chances are that a 1000 other people have the same order. Your place in the queue will be pretty low down the chain if your organic EDD is Feb 2023. The other side of the coin is if you have a more expensive performance on order, with white interior and red paint, the chances are you're one of a very choice select few that can spare the expense.

Tesla will bang out a variety of cars and specificatons, so instead of 1000 people in front of your red performance / white interior, the bettable chances are that Tesla know 7 RHD cars with this spec will be banged out of the factory and therefore, because you're one of 4 people that have ordered this, you're going to be way up there in the queue. For me, (example sake) Tesla need to deliver 1000 white LRs with black interior.. I'm gonna have to wait.

I don't think Tesla prioritize. There's a coinsidence for sure, but, it's the date ordered and configuration that decides how high in the queue you are simply due to fewer customers waiting for an all out premium model in specific configurations.

That said, Tesla inventory is the place to go shortly after a boat arrives. Any orphaned cars that can't be quickly allocated to a similar spec buyer end up in the free for all. Folks here have gold ticketed to the front of the queue and collected the same week snatching something on inventory that they're happy with.

With Tesla, who knows what's around the corner! Tesla called me shortly after I ordered back in NOV offering me an orphaned model 3 white Long range, after my initial EDD was March. It was too soon, I declined, and I lifted my matching block fractionally too late for the end Q1 deliveries in March. It's why I now appear to be right at the front of the Q2 shipments. This is Tesla honouring my organic delivery date of originally March, but based on ME screwing things up by applying a match hold (lol?).

Sorry waffle post. Too much Nespresso, my brain is spewing words, and my ability to type pales in comparison
Wow yes that is pretty much what I feared. I've had a licence since 1998 and never made a claim so it is mental that this is my cheapest option. There was a wave of cars being nicked around where I live in the past year so I suspect that may be part of the reason. Either way I think I will rule out that option even if I have to pay another £250 more for a non black insurance.
Oh wow, I cannot even imagine what the black box will record with the acceleration available on your Tesla. If you haven’t already, have a look at Direct Line and Admiral they seem to be EV competitive in most cases (obviously can’t comment on specific postcodes). Honestly I’m not a lead foot but the amount of fun available from that right pedal to get you up to legal speeds (regardless of spec) is just insane! I’d spent £1500 before I got home from collecting my M3 (buying the acceleration boost in the app), incidentally Admiral didn’t even up my premium with the upgrade. I have zero regrets, best smile per mile on the market not to be diminished by a black box. Enjoy!

• Funny
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has had any dealings with Select car leasing? I had RN number from Tesla on 26/02 and then no further information until email from select yesterday from them with ADTC (anticipated date to customer) of 06/05….trying not to get excited as had nothing from Tesla regarding vin or anything yet, so I’m expecting this ADTC to move…

Just seems a bit strange for the lease company to release such a short time frame without some knowledge!