Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think all the dates are a bit of a lottery right now given what they are going through in Shanghai. We have ordered 3 cars via the business, one says May 2022 EDD, one says June 11-30 and one (mine!) says August to September - we all ordered on 16th Feb.

I'm just hoping the dates update (for the better) for my car once the next couple of ships set sail!
Most likely, and they change almost daily, no idea why. Guess we will know once THEBEN comes into play

Been watching / reading from the sidelines for the last week or so. I ordered my M3 through octopus on salary sacrifice and had this update today.

Actually yes. Tesla just told us that they have a ship inbound to the UK as of today. It left Shanghai recently (they wouldn't say when) and will land in Southampton in mid-June. It is likely your car will be in the shipment, however that is not guaranteed. Tesla UK don't yet know what is on the ship but expect cars to start being allocated to drivers in the last week of May / 1st week of June. Any drivers not matched to a car in this shipment will have to wait until September for the next batch of cars.

Please do keep an eye on your Delivery Tracker and if it shows June or July, expect a text from Tesla in late May asking you to complete your driver profile.”

Been watching / reading from the sidelines for the last week or so. I ordered my M3 through octopus on salary sacrifice and had this update today.

Actually yes. Tesla just told us that they have a ship inbound to the UK as of today. It left Shanghai recently (they wouldn't say when) and will land in Southampton in mid-June. It is likely your car will be in the shipment, however that is not guaranteed. Tesla UK don't yet know what is on the ship but expect cars to start being allocated to drivers in the last week of May / 1st week of June. Any drivers not matched to a car in this shipment will have to wait until September for the next batch of cars.

Please do keep an eye on your Delivery Tracker and if it shows June or July, expect a text from Tesla in late May asking you to complete your driver profile.”
It’s unlikely Glovis Splendor would go from Koper to Southampton but not out of the question. However Swallow Ace is also another suspect ship that has departed just after Glovis Splendor. Otherwise it will be on Theben which has yet to depart for Southampton.

It’s kinda mental they claim they don’t know what is on the ship. I’m not confident my is on there but I can only hope!

My conversation with Tesla online chat has gone as following:

"ETA wise, we're likely looking at August/September for delivery, Could be as soon as June if a car becomes available but that's more luck than planning. That goes for the both of them.

Why has it gone so far back I was originally quoted May?

Sadly it's due to the continued fallout from the global pandemic. It's caused delays in materials and manufacturing for everyone. That in tandem with more lockdowns has delayed this particular wave of cars as well."

So make of that what you will

I got updated to July from Lease company, then Tesla are saying Aug/Sept

So why are they relaying different dates? Who knows.

Even though we know we gotta take this kind of information with a large pinch of salt, it’s kinda hard NOT to feel some excitement (hopium is real drug mmmkay).

We know a ship departed. We know it stops in Europe. We are confident it will stop in Southampton so are equally confident that she has RHD cars on board.

I know my EDD still to this minute states 23-30 June so my hope is that my car is on that ship.

Of course, I’m prepared for disappointment. My precious M3 order went from May to November back in April. It’s a very real possibility that they will decide as the ship’s on water they they bump my RN for sure whatever reason (as it seems they have done to some of y’all). But I remain hopeful and will allow myself a smidgen of excitement to feel alive ☺️

When did you place your order and what spec is it?

As others have pointed out we're suitably confident that GLOVIS SPLENDOR which 'recently' left Shanghai is on the way to Koper in Slovenia. Unlikely this will be a Southampton boat. About a week behind that is THEBEN which is more and more looking like a UK Tesla carrier. Reccon THEBEN could be in the UK around the 14th July (if I remember correctly). So the Tesla guys are kinda half right :D

BUT this advice still holds true. Expect cars to start being allocated to drivers in the last week of May / 1st week of June.

I can absolutely guarantee this forum will light up like Blackpool when this even happens. Keep an eye out here !

• Funny
Reactions: Daedalus
As others have pointed out we're suitably confident that GLOVIS SPLENDOR which 'recently' left Shanghai is on the way to Koper in Slovenia. Unlikely this will be a Southampton boat. About a week behind that is THEBEN which is more and more looking like a UK Tesla carrier. Reccon THEBEN could be in the UK around the 14th July (if I remember correctly). So the Tesla guys are kinda half right :D

BUT this advice still holds true. Expect cars to start being allocated to drivers in the last week of May / 1st week of June.

I can absolutely guarantee this forum will light up like Blackpool when this even happens. Keep an eye out here !
14th of June unless she is going the long way around!

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77

14th July is it sailing backwards 😂😂

• Funny
Reccon THEBEN could be in the UK around the 14th July?!?!?!

1652362839489.png

JUNE !!!

lol sorry chaps. I just added 30 days of further Tesla delays!

*scrambles back under some rocks* (it's been a tough day at work)

My Tesla chat update for today.

Ordered M3LR grey, black int, aero wheels in January.

We are having some delays… blah blah, you might be June, if not then between July - September, more than likely August…..

We will know if you are June by the first week in June….

Make of that what you will…

We are having some delays… blah blah, you might be June, if not then between July - September, more than likely August…..

Basically what I was told in so many words, in other words, they don't have a clue and they will just see what RN's are assigned VINs when the boat leaves

Don't know why they'd have told you that. Surely you'd have to go to the back of the queue for that particular spec anyway. Given that nobody seems to know how many of any given spec is available until they're shipped, it's a bit of a lottery what you go for. You could easily bring your edd forward or backwards depending on what you choose.

I just spoke with a Tesla adviser because my date has disappeared and was told I was put to the back of the queue because I changed spec. I was told when I changed spec by 3 separate Tesla reps that it would have no bearing on my delivery date and could actually accelerate it.

I asked about going LR to performance and he said that would put me further back.

I’m excited about getting the car but considering I’m paying nearly £60,000 you would maybe expect a little better service.