Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed my pickup to Southampton in the thought that it maaaaay just get it to me sooner. I don’t think it will but you know, desperate times and all that!

I say us Q2&3ers should definitely plan a Tesla meet towards the end of the year so we can all reminisce on “back in the Q2 days” when we were all stressy and checky and typey on the app/forums!
Shame, as I was going to say if you had time for a quick coffee 😊..... BUT yeah I'd absolutely subscribe to a meet if it took place!

I changed my pickup to Southampton in the thought that it maaaaay just get it to me sooner. I don’t think it will but you know, desperate times and all that!

I say us Q2&3ers should definitely plan a Tesla meet towards the end of the year so we can all reminisce on “back in the Q2 days” when we were all stressy and checky and typey on the app/forums!
This is a sensational idea.

"Remember when those two ships were absolutely nailed on to be UK bound and then buggered off to Slovenia; those were the days".

I ordered the same spec as @WIIXM on 1st May with an EDD of October then. Panicked when EDD changed to 18-30 June as I thought I had so much time to sort out charge point and decide payment method. Glad it's gone back to October. However having started the EV charge point installer quotes I am finding some of them are quoting ridiculous amounts eg £1850 minimum for a standard install.

I ordered the same spec as @WIIXM on 1st May with an EDD of October then. Panicked when EDD changed to 18-30 June as I thought I had so much time to sort out charge point and decide payment method. Glad it's gone back to October. However having started the EV charge point installer quotes I am finding some of them are quoting ridiculous amounts eg £1850 minimum for a standard install.
I’ve been quoted £350 to install a Tesla Gen3 wall connector in the Worcestershire area, which seemed a good deal.

Obviously that’s install only, had to get the charger beforehand so £800 total.

I’ve been quoted £350 to install a Tesla Gen3 wall connector in the Worcestershire area, which seemed a good deal.

A local sparky charges £55/hr and am hoping he can do the work within a few hours. I had a quote for £384 just for the labour part for a simple install (3m of cable straight into the back of the unit) which probably wouldn't take more than 2 hours. Did that £350 include the cable and PEN protection unit? That would be reasonable if it did.

Reactions: GDW1986

I paid £1000 (-£350 grant) for a zappie

Charger was £600 or something
RCD part needed for electrics was £200
and the labour was only £180

approx

A local sparky charges £55/hr and am hoping he can do the work within a few hours. I had a quote for £384 just for the labour part for a simple install (3m of cable straight into the back of the unit) which probably wouldn't take more than 2 hours. Did that £350 include the cable and PEN protection unit? That would be reasonable if it did.
Yeah it’s all-in, simple install only a few metres of cable from source and consumer unit

Never saw 18-30 June with mine! I would have gladly taken it off your hands if it was still the case 😀