Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Estimated Delivery: August 08 - September 17​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Updated last week, ordered M3RWD white/black interior on 3/2/22. Had at least a dozen revised delivery dates including the most recent one shown above.

Conclusion-: it will happens when it happens
Because Tesla don’t know until it happens.
I ordered exactly the same car on the 31/01/2022 yet my EDD is currently showing 26th September to 10th November. Would be interested to know why ours differ as surely they should be roughly the same date range 🤷‍♂️

I ordered exactly the same car on the 31/01/2022 yet my EDD is currently showing 26th September to 10th November. Would be interested to know why ours differ as surely they should be roughly the same date range 🤷‍♂️
I’m puzzled by my EDD is 19th Sep - 3rd Nov

I’ve seen people with later order dates have earlier EDDs.

I just hope they produce in each month, breaking tradition and this all changes. I’m possibly going to have to buy a temporary cheap car as we have a car situation imminently

I’m puzzled by my EDD is 19th Sep - 3rd Nov

I’ve seen people with later order dates have earlier EDDs.

I just hope they produce in each month, breaking tradition and this all changes. I’m possibly going to have to buy a temporary cheap car as we have a car situation imminently
Same spec , ordered much after you and an earlier EDD. That is crazy. Not sure how they go about their EDD working.

And this was always my worry. No country has beaten zero covid.

The last lockdown hit right when export cars are made.

Literally within days of the export window closing they ramp up. Likely to do 100k cars for local market.

If things don’t go smoothly, further supply chain issues and even lockdowns can affect export next quarter too. I really hope it doesn’t.
Almost starts like a conspiracy theory, as Chinese authorities do not particularly like the huge % of exports made by Shanghai GF and would like it to be dedicated to the domestic market…

@bp1000 , are you leasing or purchasing cash, trading in?

I ordered 15th March - LR/white/white, 19" and I have a collection date from Manchester this month.

No idea how they work out the order
I’m leasing with ALD

I’m really at a loss on how they allocate.

I didn’t spec EAP or FSD but otherwise the same spec as you also collecting at Manchester and ordered a day earlier.

@TesAJ I’m in the North. Ordered MY in March. Was May/June, now September/October. No VIN. Haven’t seen anyone else from Ireland with one, but this forum isn’t representative of all orders.

Hey mate, cheers for replying. Interesting your is September/October like some here. Mine says November/December and I ordered December 2021. Emailed Delivery Tesla email a number of times and they just say read our T&C's. I would guess mainland UK probably got priority on this shipment.

The wait has torture and now another 6months. Glad I got the order in before the price increase though.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there’s any unsold inventory this quarter, and your somehow matched to a car in stock, would you pay the price you ordered at (assuming you ordered before the price increases)? Or the new higher price? Not wanting to get my hopes up
In my experience, the moment it touches inventory it's at current price, not RN price. If Tesla are keen to match someone before it touches inventory, you'll get a call from a rep if you're on reserve. They usually do this right before Q end. They originally did this to me three weeks after I initially ordered in Nov when my EDD was March. Crazy I know I had to decline it at the time as I was away on business and not ready anyway. After I was ready, and in the small violin club, exact spec matches came up in inventory, but I didn't qualify unless I was happy to pay the higher price. I wasn't as my RN was still for a LR vehicle at the <50k price. Oh well, just had to wait for a natural match in the process.

I’m leasing with ALD

I’m really at a loss on how they allocate.

I didn’t spec EAP or FSD but otherwise the same spec as you also collecting at Manchester and ordered a day earlier.

I think perhaps a lease might take a day or two longer to process and therefore your order hits the internal systems slightly later.

It would be interesting if anyone has leased after you and getting their car before you.

In a world of regular production, a day or two does not make much difference to th e outcome but it’s really annoying when the supply is so limited at the moment;

This is where some kind of delivery/production pipeline information to the sales guys would help. I can go into a BMW dealer and know likely lead times by model so I can adjust if I’m flexible and want something quicker.

If you know RWD doesn’t have the same production and a longer lead time you can adjust to a LR. If they plan to build more grey ones you can swap your colour choice. But that’s all entirely opaque and you get no info to help you at all

I think perhaps a lease might take a day or two longer to process and therefore your order hits the internal systems slightly later.

It would be interesting if anyone has leased after you and getting their car before you.

In a world of regular production, a day or two does not make much difference to th e outcome but it’s really annoying when the supply is so limited at the moment;
What's strange is I placed the order through Tesla and selected their preferred finance partner, so unlike other lease orders, I got an RN and the vehicle details showing in my Tesla account.

Perhaps Tesla treat lease orders differently.