Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 in the inventory

Attachments

• 7FF08608-080D-401D-873B-645FDAAA0CA0.png
    7FF08608-080D-401D-873B-645FDAAA0CA0.png
    320.8 KB · Views: 63
The latest post in the shipping thread is someone who’s Southampton collection on the 30th is being moved later in the day, as theyve been told by Tesla the ship is only arriving the same day.

On this basis you will be collecting from the Solent on 29th if it’s on Morning Peace.
Best of luck!
Thanks for that. So which part of the North Sea are the collections, misleadingly stated, as the 24th/25th etc up to the 30th at Stains.

Now then... SWMBO said " When Tesla texted you the "It will be the Dogger Bank" message, they clearly were not referring to the wire transfer.

When did you get your vin and such?

I received mine in the first batch of vins and was only ever offered the 28-30th. So I'm inclined to believe RCC Europe but wonder if it is just scheduling all the cars around the country/transporter availability. I know some others have a Glasgow pickup the week before.
I discovered my VIN by the usual method maybe ten days ago and the collection choice text about a week ago. I'm losing the ever thickening plot.
I have much to do and places to go (booked) from the evening of my 29th collection day.

Now then ......SWMBO said..." The surest way to bow-locks it, is to make firm plans around that date."
Sotto Voce : It must be hard being right all the time!

buying the car through the business and trying to get insurance with the business as the policy holder. Any recommendations as to who is best to go with - Been trying to go through the comparison sites but they seem to only offer insurance if you are the policy holder?

“to the extent not otherwise prohibited by law” is there for a reason.
hence tesla takes only £200 as a nominal order fee unlike other companies ex: mercedes who take up to £2K for a deposit upfront. This £200 is non-refundable amount. I have had to cancel my m3 order earlier this year when the deposit was £100. That amount was not refunded as it was clearly pointed out that this is a non-refundable amount.

We can continue to debate on this - I have had first hand experience about it. I don't intend to cancel my MY order, but if anyone cancels, better luck retrieving your money back from tesla.

Reactions: suresh.thomas@
hence tesla takes only £200 as a nominal order fee unlike other companies ex: mercedes who take up to £2K for a deposit upfront. This £200 is non-refundable amount. I have had to cancel my m3 order earlier this year when the deposit was £100. That amount was not refunded as it was clearly pointed out that this is a non-refundable amount.

We can continue to debate on this - I have had first hand experience about it. I don't intend to cancel my MY order, but if anyone cancels, better luck retrieving your money back from tesla.
If you book Model S or Model X in UK and cancel the same , you can get the £100 refunded . This is because it’s considered as a pre-booking charge as there are no total cost figures for those models

Also I had originally Model 3 , then I changed to Model Y in April . The Tesla customer service agreed to refund £200 ( it took 4 weeks to get the refund)after I book Model Y ( as it’s not possible to change the model ).

So there are some exceptions to get refund

I was offered 27th, 28th and 29th. I chose 29th so it can only be rcc europe.
Roll on, in a non nautical sense, the 29th, the earliest day that I was offered.

I suppose they can only shift so many cars a day. If I popped down to Southampton, I might see my car waiting around for its transporter. It's well practiced having sat around in Shanghai for a while.

Now then......Prayer for the day.
Please Lord give the transporter, (the one carrying my MY that is) a safe and uneventful run up to Staines....... and a faultless unloading ......and a careful positioning of my MY in the car park....not too close to non red ones.....I'm not a snob but really.......MSM :rolleyes: Did I say, my name is H. Bucket?

Oh yes Lord; and an early wipe over before the rag has not been dropped too many many times....... and......and I'm sure to think of some more contingencies of fear and dread.

Amen

Tesla can put whatever they want in their T&Cs, they can't keep that £200 by law. I had the same conversation when I ordered another car earlier this year, I cancelled and got the deposit back because they have no right to keep it, its that simple.
You cannot sign away your rights under British law .......well you can sign anything but if it is contrary to the aforementioned rights, it is non enforceable under British law. It's just that nobody told the nice galls 'n guys at Tesla.

Now then ... as to the rights and obligations of the party in the first part...... they are limited to the bringing of a bottle to said party.

I rest my case.....of a rather cheeky Burgundy.

Reactions: beasty54
I took delivery M3 RWD in Mach 2022 and at that time it had gone up EUR3K (I was happy). I am now 95% sure I will place another order...not because I want a new car now ...but to take advantage of the long lead time to delivery and also opting to delay first offer, by which time I am speculating price will have increased (giving higher value on my existing as a Trade in whilst locking in existing pricing on the new order (if i place today - Irish prices have not increased yet) before any imminent increase. Worst case scenario is I don't proceed to close the deal on the new car and I lose the 250 deposit. But the 250 is a cheap option.

I am sure many will think me crazy ordering a new one a few months after i got my car...but there is some form of logic in the above 😀

You can tell I love the car!

Could be a smart move especially if any future increase takes the price over the grant threshold - an additional €5k onto the price on top of the Tesla increase. Basic RWD M3 is the only Tesla that still qualifies. Wonder if that plays a part in why the increase hasn‘t been applied yet or would Tesla even care? 😁

You cannot sign away your rights under British law .......well you can sign anything but if it is contrary to the aforementioned rights, it is non enforceable under British law. It's just that nobody told the nice galls 'n guys at Tesla.

Now then ... as to the rights and obligations of the party in the first part...... they are limited to the bringing of a bottle to said party.

I rest my case.....of a rather cheeky Burgundy.
Exactly my point 👍

Could be a smart move especially if any future increase takes the price over the grant threshold - an additional €5k onto the price on top of the Tesla increase. Basic RWD M3 is the only Tesla that still qualifies. Wonder if that plays a part in why the increase hasn‘t been applied yet or would Tesla even care? 😁
Would that be a grant of the kind of benefit that Brexit blew out!? Or have I missed a trick?
You were only suppose to blow the doors of Boris and now you have "..................".(add comments as appropriate)