Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It might be possible at the delivery, to negotiate a max miles based on the long journey that you have had to make to collect your expensive car.

With their huge saving from the eschewing of the dealer showroom approach,( and all that means in terms of new car prep and generally convenient locations for us, {I won't get into the down sides}).... a little flexibility might be in order.

In current parlance, Tesla are disrupters which is marvellous when the object of disruption is the motor industry. But it would be nice if they could minimise the disruption to your day .
It’s not possible, just collect the car and inspect it round the corner or at the nearest supercharger if you have more than 10miles home

It might be possible at the delivery, to negotiate a max miles based on the long journey that you have had to make to collect your expensive car.

With their huge saving from the eschewing of the dealer showroom approach,( and all that means in terms of new car prep and generally convenient locations for us, {I won't get into the down sides}).... a little flexibility might be in order.

In current parlance, Tesla are disrupters which is marvellous when the object of disruption is the motor industry. But it would be nice if they could minimise the disruption to your day .
They don't disrupt your day .. collection is an efficient process and i have no doubt that they would honour any defect if communicated in a a "timely manner" . If on the other hand you expect a box of chocolates, a bottle of wine and a salesmans congratulatory handshake, of course you might just be dissapointed.

Brilliant, still chasing Tesla on the refund on the 17,750 they owe me, just had a missed called and they didn't leave a voicemail, my account now shows I owe them £-17750 meaning they owe me it. Screenshotted all of this, money still not back in my account. It's like the EDD with money .

Fingers crossed this is coming back to me soon

Last edited:
I guess the 100 miles only applies if you want to reject the car, as everything else would be fixed under warranty to 100k miles?
The main and important point is any issue that relates to the bodywork, dents, scratches etc where you could get into a discussions as to who inflicted the damage ..other than that you are right about the warranty covering it. I also feel sure (my opinion) that the 100 mile and one week is just to prevent customers coming back 6 months later saying paintwork was chipped. Timely reporting of any issue is being encouraged and the fine print is there just to regulate bad behaviours

There can be a tendency on the forum to concentrate on the negative, anticipating 10 of the 1 problems that might occur. You will see from gang of Q1 delivered, the experiences have been overall very positive, with high quality standards experienced.

Have faith and enjoy your cars!

Last edited:
It’s not possible, just collect the car and inspect it round the corner or at the nearest supercharger if you have more than 10miles home

This is pretty much my plan - find somewhere relatively open and safe reasonably nearby and go through a reasonably comprehensive checklist.

If I haven’t spotted anything needing urgent and obvious amelioration in a 30 minute runaround, it’s probably not that important!

Reactions: JOL1
The main and important point is any issue that relates to the bodywork, dents, scratches etc where you could get into a discussions as to who inflicted the damage ..other than that you are right about the warranty covering it. I also feel sure (my opinion) that the 100 mile and one week is just to prevent customers coming back 6 months later saying paintwork was chipped. Timely reporting of any issue is being encouraged and the fine print is there just to regulate bad behaviours

There can be a tendency on the forum to concentrate on the negative, anticipating 10 of the 1 problems that might occur. You will see from gang of Q1 delivered, the experiences have been overall very positive, with high quality standards experienced.

Have faith and enjoy your cars!
Extremely good point, and well said.

Reactions: JOL1 and Rensteruk
Tesla are asking for me to make final payment. But I have not been assigned a VIN nor have a date confirming delivery. Is this normal? Should I pay off the final balance???
Call them and ask them to generate the final invoice. Then pay the final invoice when it appears in your account.

The website request to "make final payment" can be misleading - my Dad's M3 RWD account page is demanding final payment for a vehicle that isn't expected to be available until November 2022 !

Reactions: Toblerone
If on the other hand you expect a box of chocolates, a bottle of wine and a salesmans congratulatory handshake, of course you might just be dissapointed.
No; I have checked; can't find any reference to any expectation of the above in this discussion which was prompted by members concerns that they will use up their "grace" miles before they get home. Nothing mentioned about their desire to be feted by Tesla staff;).

One thing I have learned on this great forum is that there is a wide spectrum of views regarding how Tesla will act, react and respond to any one of a multitude of potential or imagined, pre and post delivery issues and that although some those views and concerns expressed may lack authority or be baseless, at the end of the day, they are generally treated with respect or non derisive humour by the fellow inmates of this great asylum:)

Now then ......SWMBO says " So, does that mean no bunch of flowers either?"

Just received a text from Tesla saying their system is showing I need to sign the finance documents which I already did last week? Has anyone received something similar?
Apologies if this sounds silly, but are you referring to hard copy documents which were either: a) sent to you in the post? or b) made available in your account for you to print off, sign and post to them? or if neither of the above, please explain.