Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope! Perhaps they are for the front….
I believe the fronts are the first priority; if the flying debris reaches the rear flaps, most of the damage has been done.
But, it's still a good idea to arrest the progress of any loose road surface detritus that gets by the front flaps and on towards the lower rear quarter.
Therefore, rear flaps? Opinion is divided, so each, as they say.........
I have read that Tesla rear flaps may well have improved of late, otherwise, shorter aftermarket ones, are available:)

P.S. One of the US Youtube sites showoff some decent ones. Possibly Bearded Tesla Guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frizzy
Quick question new delivery peeps, what version of software is on yours ? Mine is 2022.11.102 which is quite old, it’s been parked with strong signal and no updates …. Fairly chilled as I know it’ll arrive at some stage, just wondered what others experience had been.

Also just picked up this morning from local Detailer ….. what a job , it was good anyway but now it looks amazing, silky smooth and the pearl pops, he also recommended removing the plate holders and mounting plate to the mount directly, looks so much better.

Loving the car so much !

View attachment 823380View attachment 823382
Oooh you did a thing with the front bumper plate, right? Is that a DIY jobby or did the detailer do it?

Sick looking ride btw. Must admit the Y looks good in any colour with the 20’s. Can’t wait for mine!

Reactions: Shmern
Oooh you did a thing with the front bumper plate, right? Is that a DIY jobby or did the detailer do it?

Sick looking ride btw. Must admit the Y looks good in any colour with the 20’s. Can’t wait for mine!
Agreed!

However, naked 19" Gems are my wheel choice, over time, maybe the blacks will grown me.

Now then......how is the plate directly mounted please ?

Now for the bad news.
Bit of a long story but hear me out.😇
On Thursday when my car was supposed to be delivered on a "Flatbed" to my house I got a phonecall around 17.00hrs from Tesla with a guy on the phone stating they were struggling to meet all delivery deadlines that day...... They offered me £100 in travel fee's if I could get to Manchester to pick-up my own car which didn't work as I had work commitments that evening, The guy then told me they could deliver my car but one of the Tesla staff would have to drive it to my premises meaning it would have 60 miles or more on the clock but had to ask did I mind.........

I said no so long as the car was here before morning as my insurance had been notified regarding the change over at midnight from my previous car.
Low and be-hold two cars arrived at 22.00hrs, one car with three staff member on board (they had delivered other new cars in my area) then my car arrived 5 minutes later (in miserable weather conditions) with a female driver obviously driving it.
As soon as she pulled up at my gate I immediately noticed the front nearside wheel has been kerbed quite badly leaving me with my jaw on the floor.:eek:
Every one of the Tesla guy's inspected the damage on site and agreed it wasn't there when it left Manchester leaving the female driver sadly almost in tears.🙁
Anyway after they contacted Tesla HQ via phone it was agreed by both parties (them and I) that the car would stay with me and a new wheel would obviously be fitted ASAP plus a bonus contribution would be sent my way..
I agreed so on Monday 4th July I am going to Leeds SC for them to fit a brand new wheel and give the car a second inspection in daylight and dry conditions ensuring I was was happy and could sign for it.
In my wisdom later that night I thought about this (Bonus Bag) they had offered me and chanced my arm in asking them if I could keep the damaged wheel as compensation for my bad delivery experience, Tesla guy got in touch with senior managment and yes they agreed I could keep the wheel so there lay's a spare wheel if I ever need it.🥳
Apologies for the long winded story so although my delivery experience was shadowed by this event Tesla came good in the end.🙂
One very happy Model Y owner..... 😎
Damaged Wheel.JPG

Last edited:
Now for the bad news.
On Thursday when my car was supposed to be delivered on a "Flatbed" to my house I got a phonecall around 17.00hrs from Tesla with a guy on the phone stating they were struggling to meet all delivery deadlines that day...... They offered me £100 in travel fee's if I could get to Manchester to pick-up my own car which didn't work as I had work commitments that evening, The guy then told me they could deliver my car but one of the Tesla staff would have to drive it to my premises meaning it would have 60 miles or more on the clock but had to ask did I mind.........

I said no so long as the car was here before morning as my insurance had been notified regarding the change over at midnight from my previous car.
Low and be-hold two cars arrived at 22.00hrs, one car with three staff member on board (they had delivered other new cars in my area) then my car arrived 5 minutes later (in miserable weather conditions) with a female driver obviously driving it.
As soon as she pulled up at my gate I immediately noticed the front nearside wheel has been kerbed quite badly leaving me with my jaw on the floor.:eek:
Every one of the Tesla guy's inspected the damage on site and agreed it wasn't there when it left Manchester leaving the female driver sadly almost in tears.
Anyway after they contacted Tesla HQ via phone it was agreed by both parties (them and I) that the car would stay with me and a new wheel would obviously be fitted ASAP plus a bonus contribution would be sent my way..
I agreed so on Monday 4th July I am going to Leeds SC for them to fit a brand new wheel and give the car a second inspection in daylight and dry conditions ensuring I was was happy and could sign for it.
In my wisdom later that night I thought about this (Bonus Bag) they had offered me and chanced my arm in asking them if I could keep the damaged wheel as compensation for my bad delivery experience, Tesla guy got in touch with senior managment and yes they agreed I could keep the wheel so there lies a spare wheel if I ever need it.🥳
Apologies for the long winded story so although my delivery experience was shadowed by this event Tesla came good in the end.🙂
View attachment 823869
An unfortunate incident on what was supposed to be a joyous day. Well done to you for keeping your cool and proceeding as you did. Despite some additional headache, I would say that is actually an excellent result. Hopefully you never need the spare wheel but having a spare wheel & tyre ready to go is an excellent safety net.

Now for the bad news.

Every one of the Tesla guy's inspected the damage on site and agreed it wasn't there when it left Manchester leaving the female driver sadly almost in tears.
In my wisdom later that night I thought about this (Bonus Bag) they had offered me and chanced my arm in asking them if I could keep the damaged wheel as compensation for my bad delivery experience, Tesla guy got in touch with senior managment and yes they agreed I could keep the wheel so there lies a spare wheel if I ever need it.🥳
View attachment 823869
Marvellous! All that ends well.......although, a Tesla Goody Bag is usually Free for Life Super Charging...so Tesla got off light. Anyway, it's great to have a spare wheel.....

........Now then ...SWMBO says "Long winded!? Not at all! I just wish you could be so succinct! And...another thing...quit with the BS about the Goody Bag😂 ....chance would be a nice thing though"

• Funny
Reactions: busterboy
Saw a Red MY with 20s in my town... Starting to think I may have made the wrong choice.

Then saw a Black MY with 20s and thought yeah, I defo made the wrong choice.
Thankfully saw a Blue MY with 20s and it put a smile on my face... Thank goodness.
No regrets!!
I must admit, when I collected mine, next to it was a black/black/20s, it did look great. I had to keep reminding myself 'too gangsta, single coat paint, too gangsta, single coat paint' 😂😂

No regrets!!
I must admit, when I collected mine, next to it was a black/black/20s, it did look great. I had to keep reminding myself 'too gangsta, single coat paint, too gangsta, single coat paint' 😂😂
I think the Y looks great in every colour offered. Black has a sinister look, and I do love a clean and shiny black car. However, it needs to be kept clean and requires a lot of TLC. I am far too lazy to keep a black car looking sparkling.