Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no option to download any Apps unless you install the 3rd party Android Auto/Apple Car play extra display as per photo below which will allow you to install as many apps as you wish including Waze which will give you real-time audio/visual speed camera protection.

The Teslic Sonic App will only auto-install during software updates on Tesla's which have the necessary hardware which it requires for operation of this App, namely, the Data-enabled USB Hub which Tesla stopped installation due to Global shortage from build productions after 15 Dec 2021 (deliveries after 20 Dec 2021).

View attachment 825279
I know you can’t download apps like an android device, this is the third Tesla we’ve owned as a family and the Model Y we took delivery off in March has Sonic but the new one we collected last week does not.

I know you can’t download apps like an android device, this is the third Tesla we’ve owned as a family and the Model Y we took delivery off in March has Sonic but the new one we collected last week does not.

Its good to know you are a Tesla collector. The Model Y you took delivery in March has the required hardware preinstalled at the factory, namely, the Data-enabled USB Hub and the new one collected last week only has a Charge-only USB Hub hence the intelligent software updates recognise the missing hardware and will not install the any apps which are not compliant with existing hardware on the specific vehicle. The dates mentioned previously applies to M3's, not sure they apply to MY's. There are many instances of vehicles delivered in 1Q/2022 (Jan thru Mar) which were actually produced in 2021 hence logically they would have received the Data-enabled USB Hub. If you really want to have Sonic, you can purchase a Data-enabled USB Hub on ebay (Tesla stopped selling directly to consumers in January 2022) and replace the existing Hub, a very simple install. After install, take the Vehicle to a Tesla service centre and ask them to activate the Data-enabled Hub which they can only do inhouse by plugging in their system laptop.

Last edited:
Its good to know you are a Tesla collector. The Model Y you took delivery in March has the required hardware preinstalled at the factory, namely, the Data-enabled USB Hub and the new one collected last week only has a Charge-only USB Hub hence the intelligent software updates recognise the missing hardware and will not install the any apps which are not compliant with existing hardware on the specific vehicle. The dates mentioned previously applies to M3's, not sure they apply to MY's. There are many instances of vehicles delivered in 1Q/2022 (Jan thru Mar) which were actually produced in 2021 hence logically they would have received the Data-enabled USB Hub. If you really want to have Sonic, you can purchase a Data-enabled USB Hub on ebay (Tesla stopped selling directly to consumers in January 2022) and replace the existing Hub, a very simple install. After install, take the Vehicle to a Tesla service centre and ask them to activate the Data-enabled Hub which they can only do inhouse by plugging in their system laptop.
Ahhhh thank you so much for this, super helpful, it’s a shame that they removed the data enabled usb hub I will look into the solution you’ve mentioned, would of been completely lost if you hadn’t taken your time to respond so I really appreciate it

Reactions: CL65
I have found this in the frunk, it is firmly attached to something 👀

Attachments

• 20220706_123848.jpg
    20220706_123848.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Toblerone
Ordered a silver M3RWD with lease company in April. Lease company says wait is 16-20 weeks... Tesla say my order preferred delivery date is September so that matches up.

I've read people ordering directly and before me are being delayed beyond September...

Do lease companies place orders with Tesla before they actually get an order for a lease?

Trying to decide when to sell my car 🤔

Ordered a silver M3RWD with lease company in April. Lease company says wait is 16-20 weeks... Tesla say my order preferred delivery date is September so that matches up.

I've read people ordering directly and before me are being delayed beyond September...

Do lease companies place orders with Tesla before they actually get an order for a lease?

Trying to decide when to sell my car 🤔
I recommend not selling your car until you have a collection date! I ordered a M3RWD back in Jan and have a Q4 EDD

Ahhhh thank you so much for this, super helpful, it’s a shame that they removed the data enabled usb hub I will look into the solution you’ve mentioned, would of been completely lost if you hadn’t taken your time to respond so I really appreciate it
The Tesla Part number details for the Data-enabled Hub you need to search for is: USB HUB, GEN3 1755200-00-B. If you go to the parts counter and charm them you may be able to convince them to sell it to you. Price was approx 30 pounds