Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate what the first post says as well as what Mr M says, it still doesn't change the fact that it's a UK and Ireland forum.

I'm not arguing about this fact though, it is what it is, I just think there's a few of us in the UK that are getting frustrated at Tesla's ridiculous allocation system and then having to read about all the cars that are going elsewhere.
Totally agree and if I had my VIN number or delivery day would be more considerate of the people who have been waiting much longer than me.

Last edited:
So I just spoke to tesla about my reservation number and for an update, and they just said to be, I should receive delivery very soon (late august, early september) and that I have been assigned a vin and my vehicle is on the way. But I haven't received any text or anything yet from Tesla.

It's also a lease, so I can't check for a vin and they don't seem to like giving out much details on the live chat on the site when you have a lease, they normally give very minimal info.

This sounds promising though, maybe I got a cancellation from someone else, since I thought everyone had been contacted by tesla already for this delivery timeframe, so it's weird I haven't received anything yet.

I think all the Scottish cars get delivered to Glasgow (they have a much larger premises than Edinburgh to store cars and receive transporters) and then any delivery of cars will be by single car transporter/trailer from there. I was offered home delivery but preferred pre-arranged date/time pick up rather than looking out the window all day waiting on the car arriving. The Glasgow pick up experience was good as it’s at a service centre rather than a car park - I had a coffee and a look at some other Tesla’s while I waited. And then an hour or so’s drive home to familiarize with the car.

Reactions: rico365
So I just spoke to tesla about my reservation number and for an update, and they just said to be, I should receive delivery very soon (late august, early september) and that I have been assigned a vin and my vehicle is on the way. But I haven't received any text or anything yet from Tesla.

It's also a lease, so I can't check for a vin and they don't seem to like giving out much details on the live chat on the site when you have a lease, they normally give very minimal info.

This sounds promising though, maybe I got a cancellation from someone else, since I thought everyone had been contacted by tesla already for this delivery timeframe, so it's weird I haven't received anything yet.
interesting - who did you lease with and what number did you call?