Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually tried Forza today, spoke to someone then got cut off, I called straight back and pretty sure they were picking up the phone and putting it straight down twice in a row, never tried again.

Has anyone else used them or be happy with there service
Yes, Forza have been great for me. I dealt with Katie Harper there, whose helpfulness and attitude to customer service I simply cannot fault.

Worth a quick read of previous Forza comments here : Model Y UK Delivery

Tesla chat support just told me that the reg gets assigned 10 days before the delivery date. My question - if I am taking delivery on 3rd September, does that mean it'll be a 22 plate, or a 72 plate? (UK)

Tesla get blocks of registration numbers which they allocate 7 to 14 days before delivery/collection but they don’t ‘register‘ it with the DVLA until the day before or on the day, which allows them to reallocate if the purchase falls through.

Reactions: John1501 and MS88
There are other RWD orders before mine with the same EDD in various colours etc. I've called Tesla but all they can seem to do is repeat the EDD that's on my account and cant really explain the 7 month difference to my original EDD😒. I'm holding out the slight bit of hope there's something on Morning Chorus for me
I ordered Jan 14th M3, RWD, EDD is also November...

Hi thanks for letting me know, I did get a quote from them via the online form and they have quoted 6.9% so black horse still cheaper at 5.9%
You're very welcome. If that's for a PCP I strongly suggest you also compare GFV's as Tesla's GFV was laughably low compared to Forza's, as they clearly wanted to shift as much depreciation risk to me as possible. There are cases where the lower APR might cost you more financially speaking, depending on your vehicle usage, attitude to depreciation risk and other factors.

Lets examine the data...GF Shanghai is producing 14,000 MYs a week and this has been going on since 15th July and will continue being the main export out of the GF till the Model 3 line comes online in August...
I agree - the stats look good and surely more UK ships will emerge soon. Plenty of time. It is the Tesla comms that frustrate at times.

It will be interesting to see Tesla’s revised trade in quotes for those who missed out on Q2 delivery.

Hi all first time posting here but I have been lurking here for some time.
I also ordered from Zen Auto and I called this morning and asked about an update on my order (MY White/black ordered mid April) and they said the EDD of January. At this point I I got annoyed and told them that I knew they had stock from June and at the point of order they told me they had pre ordered cars.
Anyway I got the below from Tesla this late afternoon by text but I can not reply. What does it mean?

Tesla Action Required - Your Model Y is due for delivery on Saturday, 03 September. Deliveries are made between 8 am and the end of the day. Reply with your full address to receive confirmation of your delivery. Not ready for your Model Y or need help? Reply here.

I ordered Jan 14th M3, RWD, EDD is also November...
Did you phone Tesla as someone from Tesla is saying November for my car and another is saying September.

Well, another week gone by, month end, and still zero sign of a potential MY heavy UK bound ship.
With Q2 backlog, is it me or things are not looking good for Sept?
You are the Q2 Backlog. I can't believe that you would not have your car by the end of Q3 and probably well before.

Keep looking for a VIN every few days.

Every thing crossed for you (which is making several activities quite challenging:oops:)

Wait a minute!!! You ordered your car in Jan? what car? what's your EDD?
M3 RWD. Phoned Tesla again and might be the Enterprise team hasn't updated the system as still on for Q3 with my order. Now checking with the Enterprise order team who I assume deal with lease companies. Been informed the EDD messages comes to the customer not lease company and say they have not stopped making the Model 3 at Shanghai. She said the LR and Performance are not made so often and they have to adjust the line for these models.

Last edited:
If no delivery in Sept, then likely won't get your car until Nov/Dec.

Also, what do you think about the likelihood that ordering via a lease company makes the EDD more dependent on when the lease company placed the order, rather than then when the individual placed the order i.e. lease companies are still waiting for delivery from orders placed in 2021 and early 2022, and will then allocate them to individuals who match a spec and placed their order next on the list

ha, ok...a unique one here...is there anyone here with the same situation?
In the NL here, but I ordered at the beginning of January via a leasing company (M3LR, 19, Black/White). Originally had an EDD of April/May. Not sure what happened in between. Finally got a shipping notification last week. I don't have access to the EDD page since I ordered via a leasing company. However, I just called Tesla and they said to expect delivery in the 2nd half of August.

ha, ok...a unique one here...is there anyone here with the same situation?
I dont think any RWD order from January onwards has a vin or delivery EDD earlier than Nov/Dec unless its lease order or Ireland order. Tesla customer service are as useful as a chocolate teapot so it's just case of wait and see how far the EDD will be pushed back without explanation next time!

If no delivery in Sept, then likely won't get your car until Nov/Dec.

Also, what do you think about the likelihood that ordering via a lease company makes the EDD more dependent on when the lease company placed the order, rather than then when the individual placed the order i.e. lease companies are still waiting for delivery from orders placed in 2021 and early 2022, and will then allocate them to individuals who match a spec and placed their order next on the list
Im a lease orderer and tesla sent me the RN immediately and not heard from either since the 29th of April