Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you had the text saying to sort everything within the next 7 days?

Exactly my point…. I want a collection slot before I hand over any money. I’ve sent 2 x £10 so far to make sure it works 😂
Yes I feel you. But I recall reading here for Q2 deliveries that's just standard wording and that you shouldn't be worried.
Unless they are now looking for every excuse to pull out orders, you shouldn't pay attention, they should be sending the VIN text & collection picker even if you haven't settled in full. People do it just a couple days before collection date.

Edit: of course everyone is free to do as they're pleased, I don't assume any responsibility for unmatched orders 😝

Last edited:
My lease company get a spreadsheet every week from Tesla with their ETA'S...
My M3 RWD white ordered 14th Jan is still showing as December delivery but no VIN assigned.

Getting impatient now.

Nice to see some M3 deliveries being scheduled. Enjoy it!
The same with Zen Auto and they did say December and then November and originally it was September. Seems to change every time I call. Expect if I call this week it will be January. lol. I'm know not calling.

Yes I feel you. But I recall reading here for Q2 deliveries that's just standard wording and that you shouldn't be worried.
Unless they are now looking for every excuse to pull out orders, you shouldn't pay attention, they should be sending the VIN text & collection picker even if you haven't settled in full. People do it just a couple days before collection date.

Edit: of course everyone is free to do as they're pleased, I don't assume any responsibility for unmatched orders 😝
We have Q1 orders and orders still waiting from last year.

There’s a bunch of us waiting for MYLR that ordered from late April to mid May that are holding September EDDs with some minor changes today but all encompass late September so it would indicate that there is another shipment planned for Q3. Those who ordered in June have been pushed back to their original Q4 EDD indicating a second ship has been cancelled.

I’m not planning on paying until I get an official vin and a collection time. I’ve seen people here get burned before…
Delivery dates are normally arranged "before" official vin is notified (although as most will have figured out a vin is usually in source code). Vin and registration number are last items to be notified "officially" . Personally if I had a delivery slot scheduled and a discoverable VIN in source code I would be confident to proceed to make payment in full ...each to their own!

Delivery dates are normally arranged "before" official vin is notified (although as most will have figured out a vin is usually in source code). Vin and registration number are last items to be notified "officially" . Personally if I had a delivery slot scheduled and a discoverable VIN in source code I would be confident to proceed to make payment in full ...each to their own!
Then a delivery slot would be all I need. Don’t have that yet.

Reactions: Benotomy
There’s a bunch of us waiting for MYLR that ordered from late April to mid May that are holding September EDDs with some minor changes today but all encompass late September so it would indicate that there is another shipment planned for Q3. Those who ordered in June have been pushed back to their original Q4 EDD indicating a second ship has been cancelled.
It seems everyone gets regular edd updates. I’ve had one and it never changes. I’m seriously wondering if I’ve fallen off the system somehow. Lost all faith in getting car in q3 and maybe a Christmas delivery might happen if im lucky. Genuinely wouldn’t have waited this long out of choice. It’s like everyone on this planet wants the same stuff model y, Rolex gmt, etc etc. YouTube and all that jazz has homogenised everyone.

It seems everyone gets regular edd updates. I’ve had one and it never changes. I’m seriously wondering if I’ve fallen off the system somehow. Lost all faith in getting car in q3 and maybe a Christmas delivery might happen if im lucky. Genuinely wouldn’t have waited this long out of choice. It’s like everyone on this planet wants the same stuff model y, Rolex gmt, etc etc. YouTube and all that jazz has homogenised everyone.
i'm in the same boat as you , my Edd rarely changes stuck on 05-30 Sept for months now

Then a delivery slot would be all I need. Don’t have that yet.
As long as funds are remitted and cleared 7 days before the delivery slot then everything will be fine.

If funds are remitted within that 7 day period then you may have to take proof of remittance at collection.

Tesla’s communication about this is pretty confusing and often contradictory from one message to the next. Just keep in mind that Tesla just want paying in full a week in advance of collection, and that’s all.

I'll bet you! How much? In honesty, you'd lose because you'd have to wait your turn like the rest of us...

Unfortunately, we're at the whim of factory capacity and business strategy. Because factory capacity is limited, it's either they make M3/Y in equal volume, week over week - and everyone's (3 & Y orders) wait time is collectively increased massively (they would also lose a lot of efficiency at factory level). Or, they prioritise what they think is the more in demand car (Y), focus on clearing those orders first (or mostly first), then slowly fulfill the 3s by producing a batch here and there in-between the Ys. If it were the other way around, they would probably lose more Y customers than 3. It's collateral for doing business with limited factory capacity.

What we do know is that Tesla would love to fulfill all orders promptly, and they are building towards that with the ramp of both Berlin and Austin (/future expansion of Shanghai/more factories yet to be announced). Until then, we'll all have to be patient. If you leave, someone else will be ready to take your place.

Mods feel free to move this to UK delivery thread; just wanted to reply back to op.