Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something to keep an eye on, a client of mine in Shanghai has reported areas going into lockdown again due to a breakout
I saw some footage yesterday of the government shutting down an Ikea store and then everyone freaking out trying to get out in time. Hard to know what or how wide spread they're doing this in the city yet.

I have a direct report sitting in Shanghai so I'll ask her to give me an update tomorrow. Hope it's just isolated parts and they don't go full lockdown again.

Reactions: M3UK and Toblerone
Hi All,
I have been a bit of a watcher of this group, with thanks to my colleague recommendation who also ordered her car the same time as me and got hers less than 4 weeks after ordering (extremely lucky lady). Also many thanks to those that do so much research and share with others.... as painful as it is waiting, it does help others so much than being left in the dark by Tesla (which may change in the future as they evolve as a company - I am used to Audi premium service which has never let me down, but abandoned ship from Audi after 18 years of owning nothing but them)
I thought I would post to help add to the 'stats' of discussions and contribute. So, I ordered 15th of Feb, M3 RWD 18inch, white, black int....... it came up after 3 months of updates as November 2022, so I asked Tusker, could I accelerate delivery dates and they advised that I looked on Tesla website and find a spec that has earlier delivery. So I did just that, which was blue, RWD 19inch wheels, blk int .... which was estimated as august on the website, better than the before. They took forever to order but eventually (after me perusing why its not been ordered.... long story of bad and good customer service by them) they did so by mid May. I was then moved to October (which makes no sense with delivery the schedule) and Tesla now say November (which I know they mean December). Was told today that regardless of my RN initial date, my change in car order may have pushed me back, their response was 'likely'. so just be careful of this, a mistake I have now made, but a long story short, I am technically now mid may order and Q4 delivery ...... unless someone cancels (please hope they do haha). Sorry for the long detail but I hope it helps with someone's expectations, like this forum has kept me grounded but excited at the same time! Not sure if that's a good thing, but thank you to everyone.

That's an unusual slippage, especially if you are due to pick up in Southampton. I don't see why they would like the car to stay on the quay for three weeks... I'm still 1-15... Hopefully this is not going to spread...
Sounding very positive for you :) Maybe for Alex, it indicates another boat for his car. I did talk to Tesla today and the person I talked to was confident my (no VIN ) car was coming but did tell me there was some matching problems at Tesla right now. It could be nothing, he just told me something to keep me happy maybe. I'm hoping he is correct.

Reactions: JOL1
Has anyone had any joy with a business purchase finance application with Forza? I applied a couple of weeks ago... They sat on it doing nothing for a week then the explanation was "Oh we didn't think you needed it yet", and now it's "Someone at Santander left themselves locked in the file without changing anything"... Plus they now want me to fill in a form linking me as the director (fair enough) - but that form wants contact details (again fair enough), address history, employment history, and personal bank details! Looks more like a full personal application than anything just linking me as a director to my company!

I'm right on the verge of just going back to Tesla and BH....

Hi All,
I have been a bit of a watcher of this group, with thanks to my colleague recommendation who also ordered her car the same time as me and got hers less than 4 weeks after ordering (extremely lucky lady). Also many thanks to those that do so much research and share with others.... as painful as it is waiting, it does help others so much than being left in the dark by Tesla (which may change in the future as they evolve as a company - I am used to Audi premium service which has never let me down, but abandoned ship from Audi after 18 years of owning nothing but them)
I thought I would post to help add to the 'stats' of discussions and contribute. So, I ordered 15th of Feb, M3 RWD 18inch, white, black int....... it came up after 3 months of updates as November 2022, so I asked Tusker, could I accelerate delivery dates and they advised that I looked on Tesla website and find a spec that has earlier delivery. So I did just that, which was blue, RWD 19inch wheels, blk int .... which was estimated as august on the website, better than the before. They took forever to order but eventually (after me perusing why its not been ordered.... long story of bad and good customer service by them) they did so by mid May. I was then moved to October (which makes no sense with delivery the schedule) and Tesla now say November (which I know they mean December). Was told today that regardless of my RN initial date, my change in car order may have pushed me back, their response was 'likely'. so just be careful of this, a mistake I have now made, but a long story short, I am technically now mid may order and Q4 delivery ...... unless someone cancels (please hope they do haha). Sorry for the long detail but I hope it helps with someone's expectations, like this forum has kept me grounded but excited at the same time! Not sure if that's a good thing, but thank you to everyone.
I think that's pretty poor from Tusker. I'm Tusker too - funnily enough I ordered same spec as you but black and did query what the impact would be on my delivery date if I switched this to blue, was essentially told I'd be back of the queue for the new spec I order.

Has anyone had any joy with a business purchase finance application with Forza? I applied a couple of weeks ago... They sat on it doing nothing for a week then the explanation was "Oh we didn't think you needed it yet", and now it's "Someone at Santander left themselves locked in the file without changing anything"... Plus they now want me to fill in a form linking me as the director (fair enough) - but that form wants contact details (again fair enough), address history, employment history, and personal bank details! Looks more like a full personal application than anything just linking me as a director to my company!

I'm right on the verge of just going back to Tesla and BH....
Hi,
Yes mine is done through Forza, to be honest Ive only had a good experience. Been in contact since April when order was placed, the called very month for an update on order, only issue is the finance quote is only valid for 30 days so I only actually went for approval last week when my VIN was assigned, filled form in Friday, email to say approved on Monday afternoon and then all sorted.

The business proposal form is just over a page long and its old school print and scan back, the personal one is done online which I started filling in and then realised this wasnt business

I hope this helps

Reactions: Rensteruk
All wall connectors need to have PEN fault detection. A lot of new models from various brands have this feature built in. The Tesla gen 3 wall connector however does not… you WILL require a pen fault detection device which is fed from a type A 30ma RCD. You can get a pen fault detection device with a built in type A RCD. But you also need to change the RCD in the consumer unit as you can’t have different types of RCD types on the same circuit as it can cause faults and issues.
As I understand it a PEN fault device isn't required if the wall connector is installed indoors in an integral garage and the location within the garage means the vehicle can't be plugged in and outside.

I have a M3 RWD for Sept 24th-30th pick up Trafford Centre.

However this is the shipment page. I would try going to a different page. There is one called UK Orders

I have a M3 RWD for Sept 24th-30th pick up Trafford Centre.

However this is the shipment page. I would try going to a different page. There is one called UK 2022 Orders to Delivery
😮😮 surprised they have actually made some RWD that are coming this quarter!! Keeps my hopes up!

Reactions: DeadestRat
As I understand it a PEN fault device isn't required if the wall connector is installed indoors in an integral garage and the location within the garage means the vehicle can't be plugged in and outside.
Don’t see how that can be true. The PEN fault detection is there to protect in the situation where there is a fault with the protective earth within the supply to the property. Indoor or outdoor will not make a blind bit of difference to the possibility of the shell of your EV become live under fault conditions