Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t see how that can be true. The PEN fault detection is there to protect in the situation where there is a fault with the protective earth within the supply to the property. Indoor or outdoor will not make a blind bit of difference to the possibility of the shell of your EV become live under fault conditions
Same goes for the metal clad light switch in the garage though.

See attached for info.

Attachments

• Ev point.pdf
    94.4 KB · Views: 56
Along with a few other folks on this thread, I found my VIN hidden at a time that suggests model Y is on GLOVIS COMPANION. At the time, my ED was 1-15th Sept. That's now slipped to 9-23rd. I've also noted that (according to the VIN checkers), my VIN isn't valid, any idea why that might be?

Not sure if the slip indicates a later arrival for GLOVIS COMPANION, or just pickups being shuffled around, but thought I'd post the slippage here, in case it's useful info.
same here dates put back to yours - ordered 11th March Red MY Black seats 19"

Decided to chase up to find out what was happening as I've heard nothing since the text post hidden VIN. Order is MYLR/white/black/20 24/3/22 EDD 1 -15 Sept. Spoke to the every helpful Emma who confirmed I have a vehicle assigned, and said delivery was estimated to be mid-Sept, which I thought was interesting given I was assuming my car is on Glovis Companion... here's what she said if it's of use to folk - "I can confirm a vehicle has been assigned to you order, I would estimate we would be looking mid Sept for collection. We will be in contact soon by SMS with a link for you to self schedule your collection date. Once date has been scheduled for collection, you will receive the registration number via SMS approx 10 days before collection date."

Nearly - I’m 25th - 30th but as I was a relatively late order I’ll be very happily surprised! Also , think this needs to be in the “Awaiting M3P Delivery” thread not shipping (sorry mods I have no idea how to move it there)
Ignore the thread crap I wrote - thought I was on the Mr.M tracking thread and now it doesn’t recognise me to let me edit it so I’m having to reply to myself!

Just received an updated part exchange value for my Q5, which pleasingly is only about £500 less than the value received in March that subsequently expired. Pretty good price too as it's around £1K more than I've been offered on various online sites. Looks like it's actually happening!

Good to hear. I'm weighing up my options at the moment. Got a C-Class saloon currently - at the moment I'm thinking of a private sale route, as although it's a lot more faff and hassle, having to time things right etc - I'm hoping my new found knowledge of shipping movements will help me in this regard :) . Plus judging by ads on Auto-trader etc similar models are going for anywhere between £2-4k more via a private sale. That would obviously certainly come in handy and cover the cost for the home charger.

Something sounds wrong with this timescale and I have to think ,if accurate it is related to the Lease Company as many orders direct with Tesla have had much shorter lead times. You can check Fitzzy's database and you will see orders of Mod 3LR with vins allocated
As a follow up for this, I got Tesla on live chat. They said a note on my account suggests December EDD.

I can't wait any longer. From January 3 waiting for my tesla, it was supposed to be delivered in May but due to lock down it was not possible and I understand. But getting to December is long. The problem is that I don't want to harass tesla but even they don't tell you anything. The last answer I got was: the white sr+ with black interior is the best seller, but I see around only m3p or m3lr

I ordered my MY on 31st March, the latest EDD I have is 7th - 24th Sept. It’s with Lex so will be a flat bed delivery.

The question is (well two questions actually) can I opt to collect from Southampton and if so how much sooner would I get the car?

I realise it’s a how long is a piece of string question, but curious to hear anyones experience who have done this.

Hi,
Yes mine is done through Forza, to be honest Ive only had a good experience. Been in contact since April when order was placed, the called very month for an update on order, only issue is the finance quote is only valid for 30 days so I only actually went for approval last week when my VIN was assigned, filled form in Friday, email to say approved on Monday afternoon and then all sorted.

The business proposal form is just over a page long and its old school print and scan back, the personal one is done online which I started filling in and then realised this wasnt business

I hope this helps
Hi Hinnie, thanks for that.

Forza have come back, saying they don't need all those details, just name and address history, but will want to do a hard credit search on my personal file.

Did they do that with you? I still get the feeling they are doing this as a personal application....

Hoegh St.Petersburg is not a Tesla charter, but carries Tesla plus other staff. She will stop by Liverno as planed, then continue to Zeeb.
My MYLR is on that ship for sure because My Cargo told me, my MY with the matched VIN is aboard, and ETA to Zeeb. is 28th Aug.
BTW, @Mr Miserable , the first 3 digits of the VIN is 406, Tesla computer said it was produced on 17th July, seems very first batch after upgrads?
My VIN also begins with 406, but right hand drive. Collection 2nd of September. How did you find the build date?

I ordered my MY on 31st March, the latest EDD I have is 7th - 24th Sept. It’s with Lex so will be a flat bed delivery.

The question is (well two questions actually) can I opt to collect from Southampton and if so how much sooner would I get the car?

I realise it’s a how long is a piece of string question, but curious to hear anyones experience who have done this.
I called Tesla up today (ordered direct) to confirm I was still down for a Southampton collection after reading that some had been moved to Staines. Found out I've been moved to Staines as well (no communication that happened though!), so I asked if I could be changed to Southampton - if you've already been matched to a vehicle + have a VIN then you can't change it without giving up the car and rejoining the queue. So I'll be picking up from Staines 😅

I called Tesla up today (ordered direct) to confirm I was still down for a Southampton collection after reading that some had been moved to Staines. Found out I've been moved to Staines as well (no communication that happened though!), so I asked if I could be changed to Southampton - if you've already been matched to a vehicle + have a VIN then you can't change it without giving up the car and rejoining the queue. So I'll be picking up from Staines 😅
Well, Staines is nearer for me.

Reactions: Edward Mango
I have a RHD MY LR White/Black awating delivery to Glasgow. Tesla today pushed my booked collection slot of 3rd September back to 17th September because "it doesn't arrive until the 13th". I have a LRW VIN (and registration plate!) confirmed, so does that suggest Glovis Challenge is sailing to the UK shortly...?