Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lease companies don’t have access to anymore information than most of us, they set their delivery times based off the EDDs they get from Tesla. The delivery has to go to them then to the customer so you might be told October because they’ve got to arrange delivery when they receive the car in late September. There’s reports here that some have had their cars being held by their lease companies since June - so I suppose it depends on the company you’re leasing from.

As for when VINs are allocated, plenty of information about that across these forums, only takes a quick search.

Usually they’re assigned just a few days after departure during Texas opening hours. We’re currently expecting some activity early next week for the latest sip that set sale - GLOVIS CHALLENGE
I suspected that the lease companies wouldn't have this kind of information, but its just a strange system in that not even Tesla can give an update on it.
For my lease company they have said that car will be delivered to my local dealership and should be able to collect it as normal, so hopefully this avoid them holding the car!

Thanks for this info, I wasn't sure if the VINs from CHALLENGE or SUNRISE had been sent out as only been keeping an eye on this over past week.

The latest orders I have seen assigned VINs is 7th April. Tesla still seem to be trying to fulfil Q2 orders. Glovis Challenge and Glovis Sunrise could still be potentially coming to the UK. Challenge is heading to Singapore right now with some people mentioning VINs assigned for orders there but Challenge could still carry on to the UK afterwards but that's an unknown.

If neither are coming to the UK then we won't see orders arriving until around mid-late November. VIN allocation seems to have changed from being assigned (hidden) in the Suez to just a 2-3 days after leaving Shanghai so if you check via (https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders) and have a VIN there is a strong (not 100%) chance you will get text/email about your vehicle in the coming weeks.

For a May order, I think you will be Nov-Dev. Pretty much in the same boat as anyone from early April onwards as we sit currently. Model 3 orders appear to be effected by a longer delay than Model Y. So anyone with a Model 3 could still be waiting from Jan-Feb depending on spec. Model Y Performance is currently Dec-Feb for most.
Yeah I have been seeing the same and looks to have been Feb-April orders that are getting assigned, however its always a bit confusing when you see the odd Late May/June order seeming jumping the queue with either the same or similar spec.
Nov-Dec is looking to be likely and not much can be done until get the text as I wont be able to see the VIN due to being ordered via Lease.
Ultimately still not that long a wait time compared to other manufacturers and know some have been waiting nearly a year for the MYP.

Reactions: neuralsandwich
The latest orders I have seen assigned VINs is 7th April. Tesla still seem to be trying to fulfil Q2 orders. Glovis Challenge and Glovis Sunrise could still be potentially coming to the UK. Challenge is heading to Singapore right now with some people mentioning VINs assigned for orders there but Challenge could still carry on to the UK afterwards but that's an unknown.

If neither are coming to the UK then we won't see orders arriving until around mid-late November. VIN allocation seems to have changed from being assigned (hidden) in the Suez to just a 2-3 days after leaving Shanghai so if you check via (https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders) and have a VIN there is a strong (not 100%) chance you will get text/email about your vehicle in the coming weeks.

For a May order, I think you will be Nov-Dev. Pretty much in the same boat as anyone from early April onwards as we sit currently. Model 3 orders appear to be effected by a longer delay than Model Y. So anyone with a Model 3 could still be waiting from Jan-Feb depending on spec. Model Y Performance is currently Dec-Feb for most.
I don't think it would be completely unreasonable to assume Challenge is simply using the opportunity of the refuelling stop in Singapore to offload a couple hundreds Tesla there at the same time, and still carry on to Europe afterwards.
And Sunrise is about to leave soon too...

What we have learned this quarter is that Tesla now seems to prefer the multiple stop option (Koper-Barcelona-Southampton-Zebbruge) rather than sending ships to a single location. (even if probably more logistically challenging)

Agreed it's better to be pessimistic rather than disappointed, but I would still cross my fingers for another week or so to see if some hidden vins come to the UK when the ships are around Singapore... Rooting for you guys...

Very comprehensive and I concur.
The only thing I’d add is that Glovis Crystal is currently loitering off Shanghai, so is a possibility of a ship (or dare I say 2nd!) for UK / Europe.
I've seen that MrM has suggested Wednesday is the 24th is the last day for possible UK shipment. I'm not sure how that work out but I would suggest today it the last day if shipmen is 28 days + 2 weeks for shipping orders across UK. That being said, we will see! Hopefully we get a ship or two!

I don't think it would be completely unreasonable to assume Challenge is simply using the opportunity of the refuelling stop in Singapore to offload a couple hundreds Tesla there at the same time, and still carry on to Europe afterwards.
And Sunrise is about to leave soon too...

What we have learned this quarter is that Tesla now seems to prefer the multiple stop option (Koper-Barcelona-Southampton-Zebbruge) rather than sending ships to a single location. (even if probably more logistically challenging)

Agreed it's better to be pessimistic rather than disappointed, but I would still cross my fingers for another week or so to see if some hidden vins come to the UK when the ships are around Singapore... Rooting for you guys...

I agree, it is possible I just have no idea of the likelihood :) It would be better for the customer if Tesla did just start doing orders that way. Regular shipments to a few different ports one on boat. There will always be happy customers getting excited about their new car, multiple times a quarter.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say 12 weeks for a Model Y is the normal wait time for a new car these days and you got the car in a reasonable time period.

I wonder if Tesla are now instructing staff to release the cars when the orders have met the present full EDD from the Tesla site. Seems more fair to me.

• Funny
Reactions: James7C2
Just wanted to say 12 weeks for a Model Y is the normal wait time for a new car these days and you got the car in a reasonable time period.

I wonder if Tesla are now instructing staff to release the cars when the orders have met the present full EDD from the Tesla site. Seems more fair to me.
What you are suggesting is ridiculous. No manufacturer would instruct his staff to sit on their inventory rather than making actual sales for their bottom line.

Their is no inventory their building cars to order. The problem is their running out of excuses not to delivery a car in a reasonable time period.
Tesla are absolutely not building cars to order. They are making large batches for each variant and then assigning them from inventory.
Not sure where you are getting your info from.

Their is no inventory their building cars to order. The problem is their running out of excuses not to delivery a car in a reasonable time period.
They don’t build to order. They build batches and then match the inventory to an order once on route to said country.

They had very reasonable excuses with the shanghai lockdown etc. Now there is just too much demand that is outstripping supply. And yet, still managing to delivery quicker than most other manufactures.

They don’t build to order. They build batches and then match the inventory to an order once on route to said country.

They had very reasonable excuses with the shanghai lockdown etc. Now there is just too much demand that is outstripping supply. And yet, still managing to delivery quicker than most other manufactures.
Why would they build cars in case someone wants one?

For those who have scheduled delivery - Has anyone checked if Delivery date on the invoice matches the scheduled date?

It does for me. Future dated signed agreement.
I don't have a delivery date on my Final Invoice!? Also, the delivery address says my home address, I was expecting to pick up from Staines.
Do your invoices have delivery addresses of pick up location or home address?

They have insane demand so their cars don't sit around collecting dust. If there were no one to the buy the car, it would sit in inventory until someone does. That doesn't change the fact they don't build to order.

Other car manufactures also have insane demand, but they still start building the car to someones order.

I told a friend the other day I have a VIN for my Tesla, he said 'oh so they have started building it then' (As most people expect), I said no, my order has been matched with inventory that's currently on a ship.

Tesla have a different sales to production process to other manufactures. If they build up inventory, they run offers as they have done in the past. At the very start of the lockdown, they offered some amazing offers on Model X's that wasnt shifting.

Morning all,

Long time Lurker - Mr Miserable, your updates are the highlight of my day! MYLR/White/20" wheels - no Vin received yet but delivery of 7th - 30th Sept.

A quick question regarding the credit offer. I've seen an update on my order saying "Credit Offer Expired - Your offer is older than 90 days and is now expired. Resubmit your credit application to proceed"

I took the Tesla Credit option at the point I was ordering in the first place - however I remember hearing some people discussing whether or not Tesla would honour the original interest rates (as I've assumed they have increased since placing the original order.

Do I have to renew? If I renew will the interest rates increase?

Thanks

Sam
I had the same situation where it expired after 90 days, I renewed and everything remained the same as when I placed the order.

A big hint if there’s going to be a second ship coming to the UK is if those of us who were knocked back into Q4 last Friday are pushed forward back into Q3.

My EDD should be updated in a few hours so we’ll know by then
Possible we might see UK VINs today or Monday from Glovis Challenge if it is coming from the UK. First shipment I have heard of stopping to drop of at Singapore supposedly so could be different.

Interesting! This is most likely the reason why my EDD had disappeared from the app, and maybe the reason why my collection also isn't showing in there but is on the website. I was told I couldn't change location though as I'd already been assigned a VIN - not a problem though I'm just happy I've got a collection date sorted that isn't on my week away 😂
Just to pivot back to this for those accepting delivery at Staines and unable to see details in-app, I've reached out to Tesla as it appears for the Staines delivery hub, address lines 1 & 2 are absent. Whether they'll rectify this or not is another question!

Reactions: Jon_UK and WllXM
What Darreno has explained to you is 100% correct. Of course it is supply and demand and, like it or not, demand far outstrips supply for Teslas which suits their business model. The are churning out thousands of cars a day from Shanghai making it easier/efficient for them to produce in large batches and they then allocate those to individual orders. They are NOT hanging around waiting for an order from "Mr Jones" and then starting to manufacture that spec to order.

It is a well oiled machine involving huge logistics and the one thing you can be assured of is that Tesla want to sell (that means deliver to the client) all cars produced as soon as is practically possible and this mantra takes on a heightened frenzy around quarter end when they report results to the stock market.

I get it that everyone will be anxious about their own delivery, but the comments are meant to address the various conspiracy theories that get aired on the forum which (in my opinion)can often serve to pass on anxiety to others waiting.

Reactions: QuanTim and Darreno
What Darreno has explained to you is 100% correct. Of course it is supply and demand and, like it or not, demand far outstrips supply for Teslas which suits their business model. The are churning out thousands of cars a day from Shanghai making it easier/efficient for them to produce in large batches and they then allocate those to individual orders. They are NOT hanging around waiting for an order from "Mr Jones" and then starting to manufacture that spec to order.

It is a well oiled machine involving huge logistics and the one thing you can be assured of is that Tesla want to sell (that means deliver to the client) all cars produced as soon as is practically possible and this mantra takes on a heightened frenzy around quarter end when they report results to the stock market.

I get it that everyone will be anxious about their own delivery, but the comments are meant to address the various conspiracy theories that get aired on the forum which (in my opinion)can often serve to pass on anxiety to others waiting.
I'm guessing your signature showing that you ordered the same spec as him, only 6 months later, but are getting your delivery in three weeks will not help him feel better 😀