Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a Hidden VIN a few weeks ago. My confirmed pick up delivery is September 24th in Dublin. The text message to request a pick up day was sent to me yesterday. I ordered a M3 RWD early Jan but postponed order from Q1 to Q2. Q2 had delivery date of June but then had Nov/Dec with Tesla saying I didn't make the Q2 cut. So my order date might be early but with putting my order on hold to May/June I'm not sure if they consider that to be my date.

With the timing of the text message and the Glovis Challenge departing I suspect it's on that vessel.

I think official VIN's are not sent until Suez canal.

I am checking every few hours and keep going on about it to the misses where I am now officially banned from talking about tesla to her 🤣 just hope these EDD is promising
😂 I’m in a similar position:

“you can just tell me when you get the dates”

^ Actual text from my wife to me yesterday, after I sent her the tweet/video with the 10,000 Tesla ready to depart from Shanghai. I may have talked a bit much about it all in recent months…

😂 I’m in a similar position:

“you can just tell me when you get the dates”

^ Actual text from my wife to me yesterday, after I sent her the tweet/video with the 10,000 Tesla ready to depart from Shanghai. I may have talked a bit much about it all in recent months…
Ha, my partner has been very very patient with me about this over the past few months - now we've got a collection date she's much more excited but there'll still be gift en-route for her to say thanks / very sorry 😅

there'll still be gift en-route for her to say thanks / very sorry 😅
Here’s the perfect gift:
4248B907-7B1A-45F8-B9D8-928B87A968BC.jpeg

What more could any woman want?

Here’s the perfect gift:
View attachment 842935

What more could any woman want?
And one of these, go on … spoil the lucky lady! Edit (2mins later): mrs bob has justifiably cancelled my order. They’ll be unhitching it and tipping it overboard Glovis challenge in the south China sea 🙈

Attachments

• 3D3728F0-9966-4C07-ABA3-C908AB8F6CFD.jpeg
    3D3728F0-9966-4C07-ABA3-C908AB8F6CFD.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 41
Ha, my partner has been very very patient with me about this over the past few months - now we've got a collection date she's much more excited but there'll still be gift en-route for her to say thanks / very sorry 😅
My husband has been pretty patient with me the last few months as well, I swear I'm not a Tesla fangirl but just want to find out when I'll get my car! 😆Plus because of my obsessiveness, a friend of his found out from me that there were Teslas on the Irish inventory list, he placed an order 2 weeks ago and will be picking it up the week after us (my date is Sep 9)! So it was worth taking the journey with you all, thank you. 🥰

I suspected that the lease companies wouldn't have this kind of information, but its just a strange system in that not even Tesla can give an update on it.
For my lease company they have said that car will be delivered to my local dealership and should be able to collect it as normal, so hopefully this avoid them holding the car!

Thanks for this info, I wasn't sure if the VINs from CHALLENGE or SUNRISE had been sent out as only been keeping an eye on this over past week.

Yeah I have been seeing the same and looks to have been Feb-April orders that are getting assigned, however its always a bit confusing when you see the odd Late May/June order seeming jumping the queue with either the same or similar spec.
Nov-Dec is looking to be likely and not much can be done until get the text as I wont be able to see the VIN due to being ordered via Lease.
Ultimately still not that long a wait time compared to other manufacturers and know some have been waiting nearly a year for the MYP.
My TA told me today that the reason that some orders get ‘jumped’ is that some people have ordered but not completed all of the credit process so their order is held in a pending slot

• Disagree
Reactions: reystar
I'm about to sell my current car in preparation for the MY EDD 23-30 September but worried that will get pushed back even more and I'll end up without a car.

No VIN yet, ordered mid april.
I’m in exactly the same situation. Want to sell my current car while the values are high and have an end of Sept EDD - but I’m in no way convinced that it will happen in Q3. Currently, even if WBAC knock £500 my quote for my M3LR it’ll have only lost / cost £1750 in 18 months and 8k miles of ownership.

Agree with the above comment that without a definite VIN selling would be foolish unless you have a contingency to cover you until December.

Reactions: James7C2