Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what’s the usual wait time and process from when you get a VIN to getting a delivery date & process that payment for business lease etc?

Basically, what does one do now after previously constantly looking for a VIN everyday 😂😂👀
I've been organising my boot storage box, there's lots if things in there so it takes a lot of time and effort. I've been putting things in the storage trays and making sure they're all in the optimal locations. I've put the boot liner in the girlfriends dressing room, got to make sure it's nice and flat. I went to asda the other day and had a smell of the car air fresheners, I picked a couple of them up ready. I've also been researching which is the best screen wash to use, the one I've got now is green so can't have that on the white paint.

I'm taking a break tonight, after this look on the forums obviously! Glovis Companion looks to have made it through the SUEZ canal so I've stopped panicking about that! I'm actually running out of things to do now, I've got next week off work too, I'm planning on wiping all the cobwebs off the charger, maybe I'll sort my Autoglym cupboard out as well 🤣

Is this normal behaviour for a 41 year old man? The girlfriend says it's not 🤷‍♂️

Hooray! I have a vin! And just to show how messed up delivery dates are, my EDD has now changed to 23-31 August. Tesla still think there is a chance they could deliver the car to me yesterday.
Just as I was ready to start obsessing over shipping, it turns out my car is already in the UK. I called Tesla to ask why my EDD was showing August, and they said it's a car someone wasn't ready to pay for, so I was 'next on the list'. I'm sure that's just a figure of speech. Still awaiting an invoice and a text asking me to choose a delivery date, but iI may have the car within the next week or two.

I've been organising my boot storage box, there's lots if things in there so it takes a lot of time and effort. I've been putting things in the storage trays and making sure they're all in the optimal locations. I've put the boot liner in the girlfriends dressing room, got to make sure it's nice and flat. I went to asda the other day and had a smell of the car air fresheners, I picked a couple of them up ready. I've also been researching which is the best screen wash to use, the one I've got now is green so can't have that on the white paint.

I'm taking a break tonight, after this look on the forums obviously! Glovis Companion looks to have made it through the SUEZ canal so I've stopped panicking about that! I'm actually running out of things to do now, I've got next week off work too, I'm planning on wiping all the cobwebs off the charger, maybe I'll sort my Autoglym cupboard out as well 🤣

Is this normal behaviour for a 41 year old man? The girlfriend says it's not 🤷‍♂️
Possibly a dumb q, but has anyone now got VIN, collection date and time, but no registration yet? Tricky to insure without!
Got hidden vin yesterday with all the others and got choice of 3 dates and various times for Glasgow collection at 4:30pm today. No reg yet but expect it will be confirmed closer to the day and once I’ve paid the funds- probably 2 weeks prior to collection (around when Sunrise docks in Southampton). It does mean I can get x3 motd and sold in next 2 weeks to free up funds and get insurance done. I must say this whole process is really great and none of the nonsense of dealing with BMW, Audi or other variety of main dealer Spivs from start to end.

This question is genuinely submitted on behalf of a friend who ordered a M3LR on salary sacrifice related to NHS in January. He never gets any updates from them so he called yesterday and was told it had now slipped to Q4 and feels he’s been given the run around. Anyone else in the same position who can offer advice or has been treated to better service. He hates his current car and wants rid of it asap and never anticipated such a long wait. I got my own VIN yesterday for my MYLR and feel deflated for him as he ordered his 4 months earlier. All advice welcome.
I think that shiny new Model Y of yours that you'll be picking up next month is big enough for the two of you :p

Feels like some of us might want to make use of this app & its widgets 🤣🤣 (not my app, nor am I involved with it)

‎Countdown Widget Maker

Attachments

• 2AC5E644-6F58-4FC0-B513-C0711EF9DEEF.jpeg
    2AC5E644-6F58-4FC0-B513-C0711EF9DEEF.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
VIN still hidden but Tesla have contacted to book collection from Manchester / Trafford Centre. EDD was 14/9 to 28/9, they offered just 28/9, 29/9 and 30/9 as choices - so they’re definitely wanting to get it in before end of quarter. Can’t really whinge though as June 6th order and collecting 2½ months later is definitely not what is envisaged when ordering.

Reactions: Toppyawe and JOL1
So pleased to see all these M3 EDD updates, including fellow April orders. Started getting hopeful for mine, especially as I had a narrowing to Sept 24-30th

Tesla even suggested that I put my trade-in valuation back through (they're only doing this on orders that are "close" to fulfilment to prevent repeated revaluations).

Decided to order my wall charger (which arrived today)

Logged into the app just now... EDD Nov 21-Feb4

Losing... the... will... to... live

VIN still hidden but Tesla have contacted to book collection from Manchester / Trafford Centre. EDD was 14/9 to 28/9, they offered just 28/9, 29/9 and 30/9 as choices - so they’re definitely wanting to get it in before end of quarter. Can’t really whinge though as June 6th order and collecting 2½ months later is definitely not what is envisaged when ordering.

You are the first June order I’ve seen collecting this quarter - are you the only one you’ve seen too?

Count yourself lucky!
Also - congrats! :)

I think that shiny new Model Y of yours that you'll be picking up next month is big enough for the two of
You are the first June order I’ve seen collecting this quarter - are you the only one you’ve seen too?

Count yourself lucky!
Also - congrats! :)
Bainsy, you my friend have injected so much will power into your own order that this superpower is helping others.😁 Hope you get yours too this Q which I thought was an impossibility before my own vin arrived yesterday and my collection time booked today. Best wishes to June ODs.

Reactions: Dwards and bainsy
So pleased to see all these M3 EDD updates, including fellow April orders. Started getting hopeful for mine, especially as I had a narrowing to Sept 24-30th

Tesla even suggested that I put my trade-in valuation back through (they're only doing this on orders that are "close" to fulfilment to prevent repeated revaluations).

Decided to order my wall charger (which arrived today)

Logged into the app just now... EDD Nov 21-Feb4

Losing... the... will... to... live
dont despair...it could change back again as quickly...often happens when things going on in background

dont despair...it could change back again as quickly...often happens when things going on in background
Appreciate the pep-talk... I've almost become so embittered and twisted over these constant EDD updates and disappointments, that I don't know what to believe anymore... Not until I see that sweet, sweet VIN of course.

I hope that all of this melts away when I finally collect the thing because I'm becoming quite jaded over this.

EDIT: All optimism is dashed - confirmed by text from the SA "We are due to receive slightly fewer vehicles of your specification than we initially planned which was unfortunately confirmed today..."

Last edited:
Reactions: QuanTim
Collected mine today. The car is awesome. The paintwork not so much. There seems to be a flaw in the paint job itself, not cleaning swirls or scratches or anything like that, so a bit disappointed on that front. It looks like something had contaminated the paint, or the panels before paint, and there are odd little shiny patches on virtually every panel. Telsa delivery person reckon's he's never seen anything like it before, it's booked in so it can be taken a look at. Ho hum.

• Informative
Reactions: neuralsandwich
Collected mine today. The car is awesome. The paintwork not so much. There seems to be a flaw in the paint job itself, not cleaning swirls or scratches or anything like that, so a bit disappointed on that front. It looks like something had contaminated the paint, or the panels before paint, and there are odd little shiny patches on virtually every panel. Telsa delivery person reckon's he's never seen anything like it before, it's booked in so it can be taken a look at. Ho hum.
Damn, sorry to hear that. Have you taken some pics? Would be interested to see what you mean. Keep us posted

Reactions: rowedav